Hacking Few Generic Questions

Loft

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Right, just before I attempt to install Gamma on my Wii using the '3.1-3.4 Twilight/Downgrade/Gamma Tutorial All in one' guide, just want to ask a few questions to clarify what I understand.

Firstly, I'm using a PAL machine, so will I be able to play NTSC-U and NTSC-J backups via Gamma? Also, by putting Starfall on and using the option to bypass disc updates (well, I'll be installing the last 3 options in Starfall as recommended), I shouldn't be at any risk of running a NTSC update on my PAL machine and bricking it should I?

And if I decide at some point I want to get rid of Gamma, the Homebrew Channel, Starfall and everything, and sell my Wii on, can I just do a system format and make it function as if I'd never done anything to it?

Thanks in advance.

D

Deleted User

Loft said:
Right, just before I attempt to install Gamma on my Wii using the '3.1-3.4 Twilight/Downgrade/Gamma Tutorial All in one' guide, just want to ask a few questions to clarify what I understand.

Firstly, I'm using a PAL machine, so will I be able to play NTSC-U and NTSC-J backups via Gamma?
Yes

Also, by putting Starfall on and using the option to bypass disc updates (well, I'll be installing the last 3 options in Starfall as recommended), I shouldn't be at any risk of running a NTSC update on my PAL machine and bricking it should I?
No, do not update your Wii. Plus, use Preloader, it's better than Starfall

And if I decide at some point I want to get rid of Gamma, the Homebrew Channel, Starfall and everything, and sell my Wii on, can I just do a system format and make it function as if I'd never done anything to it?
No, it depends on what you did to your Wii. You have to delete IOS249 first. Then go and delete DVDX. Then do a system format.

It's more dangerous to delete rather than to install

Thanks in advance.

There's a noob section here, you should ask there rather than making a new thread. Plus, all of your questions have been asked over and over again. So next time, search

Loft

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the answers, if a mod could merge it with the Noob Thread?

One more question regarding system formatting. I'm not massively bothered about deleting every file that has been used for Homebrew/Gamma/Starfall etc. so could I just format the system and carry on running just original software from then on, offical updates and all? Or rather than format, just update to 3.4E, delete the Homebrew Channel and carry on as normal?

D

Deleted User

Loft said:
Thanks for the answers, if a mod could merge it with the Noob Thread?

One more question regarding system formatting. I'm not massively bothered about deleting every file that has been used for Homebrew/Gamma/Starfall etc. so could I just format the system and carry on running just original software from then on, offical updates and all? Or rather than format, just update to 3.4E, delete the Homebrew Channel and carry on as normal?
No, it depends on what you did to your Wii. If you just did the basics (Backup launcher), delete IOS 249 using ATD, and DVDX too (Say if you used Mplayer). Then format, and upgrade

Again said, this question has been ask multiple times, heck there's even a guide for making your wii a virgin. SEARCH next time.

Loft

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm not asking for a guide to make my Wii a virgin, I'm asking if I either simply format it or update it to 3.4E it will be in a state to carry on functioning normally as in allowing me to play original games, play purchased VC games, not have any homebrew running and to continue making updates as and when Nintendo releases them. I've searched and not found an answer to that specific question.

D

Deleted User

Yea, but by following that guide, you'll make your Wii a virgin.

Virgin = As it was before modded.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool