WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
Oh mine, I shut down my blog due to malware attacks exploiting php4's flaws... keygrabber was getting them from my blog... though you solved your problem, those who are unable to get the keys, you can use previous version of keygrabber, it uses hackmii to get the keys...

Adr990

To boldly go where no man has gone before!
Trophies
Website
www.hyrule.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hey WiiCrazy,

Again, thanks a lot for this!
happy.gif

But,
http://www.tepetaklak.com/data/FE100-0.22.rar
That link is dead.

Plus, downloading the FE100-23b.rar doesn't include the key grabber..
Can you please mirror one?

Thanks!
Adr990

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Blue-K said:
WiiCrazy said:
Well I have no idea, which game are we talking about?

Also, it could be useful to take a look at the save folder in the nand itself to see if there is something strange there... like a file with uncommon attributes and such.
We're talking about The Conduit (messing with SaveFile for Debug, etc..)...
A similar thing happened to me (wanted my old save back after using the debug stuff). But it wouldn't copy back because of the WFC stuff. What I ended up doing was this...deleted my Conduit save from the Wii's memory, then made a new save. I backed that up with Wanikoko's Save Manager (make sure you use the new one, not the old extractor/installer ones). Then, I used this program to extract the data from the back up of the save I had on my SD card. I copied over everything right on top of what was extracted with the Save Manager but the banner stuff, then installed it using the Save Manager.

Seemed to work pretty well. Also, thank you WiiCrazy. Your Windows port of this app saved my save.
tongue.gif

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
@Adr990 : Seems I mistyped the link for 0.22 version here, anyway totally replaced with 0.23b. 0.23b was just fixing one bug (8 icon requirement bug), I didn't make it a release but now since keygrabber has a problem with the first button (Get stuff from Interwebz) I bundled 0.23b with the rest of files as a release, please find it in the first post.

@9th_Sage, @s3phir0th115 : Thanks for appreciation!

g4jek8j54

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This is a stupid question, but here goes...

I cannot figure out how to get the FE100KeyGrabber to work on my Windows XP computer. When I try to run it, I get the following error message...

"This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem."

I have installed OpenSSL and the Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package x86, and have the libeay32.dll file. From what I can tell, the FE100 program runs without any problems.

I have a BootMii NAND dump, but do not yet have the keys. I would try xyzzy, but I do not have any way of connecting my Wii to the internet. Sorry if this has been answered before. Anyway, I would greatly appreciate any help with this!

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
WiiCrazy said:
It seems it's a bug segher recently fixed... Old version of twintig (savefile packer) only works on savefiles that have 8 icon files... in the latest git he updated it to any number of icons...

http://git.infradead.org/users/segher/wii....4214fefd38923d5

I applied the patch, and fixed one obvious gui bug, here is the quick fixed version :

http://www.tepetaklak.com/data/FE100-0.23b.rar

You should be able to pack the savefile in question with this... though I should mention one catch that is specific to FE100, since filesystems under windows doesn't use file permissions like 644, 448 with numbers, files in the savefile may be packed with wrong permissions since original permissions can't be persisted on the unpacked file. I guess this will not be a severe issue but I found it worth mentioning... If it doesn't work as expected, you should use the original tachtig and twintig(git version since it does contain the fix you need)

ps: On a totally unrelated note, segher's git reveals that he works on a checksum fix program for lego starwars game... guess there is a bug in the game to exploit
smile.gif

Wov, game guess for the exploit was not right though it's still from the same series..
wink.gif

Indiana Pwns : http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Indiana_Pwns

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
Just got around to trying this app out and it's great and really easy to use. Had to find 2 dll's for it (libeay32.dll mentioned in this post & MSVCR71.dll) but adding the keys was no problem using your other app key grabber.

All I wanted to do was hack a One Piece 1 save file, so made a save and wrote down some values, played it a little and changed they values. I compared both save and searched for the strings and found everytihng easily so was able to modify health, SP, items, characters and lots more. Copying the save back to the wii worked no problem but, when launching the game it complains of the data being corrupt.

When you extract one piece you get the banner, and a folder called "share" inside this folder is 4 .bin files. user00.bin, user01.bin, user02.bin & system.bin. Changing anything in them results in corrupt, so is there any other apps out that can help with my problem ? I'm thinking that the system.bin verifies the content of the user0#.bins, but don't know where to start tbh (what is calculated and stored where).

I'm sure there will be answers floating about somewhere.

Reading the topic some people mentioned emu>vc & vc>emu ...... that would be cool if someone gets it all figured out too.

Great stuff WiiCrazy

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
Slimmmmmm said:
Just got around to trying this app out and it's great and really easy to use. Had to find 2 dll's for it (libeay32.dll mentioned in this post & MSVCR71.dll) but adding the keys was no problem using your other app key grabber.

All I wanted to do was hack a One Piece 1 save file, so made a save and wrote down some values, played it a little and changed they values. I compared both save and searched for the strings and found everytihng easily so was able to modify health, SP, items, characters and lots more. Copying the save back to the wii worked no problem but, when launching the game it complains of the data being corrupt.

When you extract one piece you get the banner, and a folder called "share" inside this folder is 4 .bin files. user00.bin, user01.bin, user02.bin & system.bin. Changing anything in them results in corrupt, so is there any other apps out that can help with my problem ? I'm thinking that the system.bin verifies the content of the user0#.bins, but don't know where to start tbh (what is calculated and stored where).

I'm sure there will be answers floating about somewhere.

Reading the topic some people mentioned emu>vc & vc>emu ...... that would be cool if someone gets it all figured out too.

Great stuff WiiCrazy

Well each game maintains it's savefile differently so you can't find a general program for the job. Reverse engineering is the only way to hack the game save... Even to make it harder games calculates some kind of checksum and can detect direct changes... One should first figure out the checksum algorithm and then how save data is laid out.

johnlovesyou

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks so much for making this WiiCrazy! It seems its helped many people!

I unfortunately am having unpacking problems. I have obtained the ecc key, savegame .bins and got the rest of the info required by the keygrabber from the HBE.
When I press "make my happy!" I get a "can't write NG-id" error.
I tried to unpack the file anyways and got an "Unpacking failed: MD5 mismatch" error which is surely because the NG-id file is blank. I manually copied the NG-id box into the NG-id file and still got the same MD5 error.

Any suggestions for this?

Ragenule

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for the quick fix! I was trying to get my keys manually from keys.bin and keys.txt for FE100 0.1b, but I think I may have messed up.
tongue.gif

EDIT: Okay, I've run into another problem. Every time I try to pack a save file from New Super Mario Bros. Wii, FE100 crashes. It unpacks just fine, though. I'm running Windows 7, if that has any difference.

EDIT2: Nevermind, I fixed my problem. Something to do with the way Dolphin handles save files..

EDIT3: Okay, now a NEW problem. My Wii won't copy the repacked save over stating "The data may not have been copied". All I swapped was the wiimj2d.sav file with the one I got from Dolphin and then repacked.

rydinophor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorry for the necro but I could use some help here. I'm using the FE100 and trying to convert the Japanese save file of MH3 into the North American save file, I used the unpacker but here is the files I got:
###banner###
###icon(insert icon number 0 to 7 here)###
###title###

I was expecting it to be banner.bin.

Any ideas how I can compile these files to banner.bin?

Thanks in return,
Rydinophor

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
damysteryman said:
FE100 will automatically put them back together when you repack the save file.

Yep.

I actually spoke to WiiCrazy about this recently myself, as I needed to make a separate banner.bin (for use with an emulated nand) so he is aware of it, but the guy does a lot of things so I don't see him changing this app any time soon.

Maybe in the future we will see a version that allows both ways so that the saves can be installed manually, or with Waninkokos SaveGameManager (which requires the banner.bin). Both ways would of course make it possible to edit things, and then also be fully compatible with some other tools it's not just now EG SNEEK, Triiforce, SaveGameManager and a few other things without needing to repack.

Anyway, great app and as far as I can see no one else has made anything like this that has a n00b proof gui and doesn't need recompiling so lets keep this topic alive.

@ WiiCrazy ... I'll grab the latest versions of some of your tools when I get some time and mirror them if you want. (does yout title lister have the DLC identifier I sent you moons ago, I can't remember myself ?
tongue.gif
)

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
Slimmmmmm said:
@ WiiCrazy ... I'll grab the latest versions of some of your tools when I get some time and mirror them if you want. (does yout title lister have the DLC identifier I sent you moons ago, I can't remember myself ?
tongue.gif
)

Well forget it, title lister is the first and the most ugliest mod I've ever done in my life
smile.gif

codeseven

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey WiiCrazy. As stated above, I know you're busy and I want to thank you for all your time and effort put into these apps. But I just wanted to say that I strongly agree with rydinophor and Slimmmmmmm, where we could have the option to output the save file into a Savegame Manager friendly way (ex: like giving us the option to output the banner.bin file), or maybe just make a separate tool that can convert those banner/icon/title files into a single banner.bin file? Either way, like I said I appreciate your work - but adding that feature would just be the icing on the cake for me and I believe many others too!

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
here is an experimental version that selectively unpacks banner.bin or individual pgms...

FE100V0.3-ForTesting.rar

Also contains an advanced keygrabber which sends a dol to HBC to collect things that are needed to pack a savegame from your wii.

Instead of old 2 step method (Get stuff from a savefile + Get stuff from xyzzy key dump or nand backup) you can collect all that data from your wii. This feature is alpha so please don't report any bugs I have yet to make changes on this.

Note on the advanced keygrabber,

1. Keygrabber starts a server on your pc on syslog port (544)
2. Sends a keygrabber dol to homebrew channel with the local ip address of your pc as an argument
3. Upon keygrabber dol launched it connects to your pc on port 544
4. Keygrabber sends NG-id, NG-key-id, NG-mac, NG-sig and NG-priv values to the server.

ps: by server I mean your pc, it doesn't send those private data anywhere on internet.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv6vlP2qSyo