WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
Well, no clue about it... I released the sources on my blog, if you have a visual studio dev environment maybe you can debug. If you have access to a linux os you might try your keys on the segher's original tools too.

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks WiiCrazy, this app rocks!

I was playing a majoras mask ntsc into pal n64 inject when the real wad was released.

So I installed the new wad and created a savegame,
then I used your app to unpack both savegames and swapped the old savedata into the new game.

Savedata was called EEP_NZSE. Presumably EEP stands for EEPROM and NZSE is some kind of game ID
smile.gif
I wonder if all N64 games save like this? We can probably inject EEPROM raw savegames from other N64 emulators into N64 VC, or vice versa.

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
Rfire said:
I keep getting a crash when trying to pack. Unpacker works fine. I even tried the packer on several other saves and its the same exact error.

http://i44.tinypic.com/t69vtu.png

you should select the unpacked file's folder, such as this :

FE100-P.jpg

It does indeed crash if you don't select the correct folder, I'll fix that bug in the next revision... If this is not the case for you, could you tell me about your runtime environment like .net version, windows version and such? Also save file should reside in a dos friendly folder (in a path with no spaces and such)

Rfire

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Still crashes despite all the suggestions. it produces a 0-byte data.bin then crashes.

Windows XP SP3

The following .NET editions are installed...
v1.0.3705
v1.1.4322
v2.0.50727
v3.0
v3.5

I also tried using this in a separate copy of XP in a virtual machine, same results.

Rfire

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I narrowed down the problem. For some reason all I saves I tried only had four icon .ppm files. So I copied the 4th one to ###icon5###.ppm and ###icon6###.ppm and ###icon7###.ppm. FE100 then generated the data.bin file.

I found this out by installing Linux and using segher's tool, it complained about missing ppm files.

Now there's a second hurdle.. The game does not recognise the repacked save file. The Wii recognises it in the management screen but not the game.

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
Rfire said:
I narrowed down the problem. For some reason all I saves I tried only had four icon .ppm files. So I copied the 4th one to ###icon5###.ppm and ###icon6###.ppm and ###icon7###.ppm. FE100 then generated the data.bin file.

I found this out by installing Linux and using segher's tool, it complained about missing ppm files.

Now there's a second hurdle.. The game does not recognise the repacked save file. The Wii recognises it in the management screen but not the game.

Hmmz, could you send me the initial unmodified save so I can work on it?

By the way, which game is this?

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
It seems it's a bug segher recently fixed... Old version of twintig (savefile packer) only works on savefiles that have 8 icon files... in the latest git he updated it to any number of icons...

http://git.infradead.org/users/segher/wii....4214fefd38923d5

I applied the patch, and fixed one obvious gui bug, here is the quick fixed version :

http://www.tepetaklak.com/data/FE100-0.23b.rar

You should be able to pack the savefile in question with this... though I should mention one catch that is specific to FE100, since filesystems under windows doesn't use file permissions like 644, 448 with numbers, files in the savefile may be packed with wrong permissions since original permissions can't be persisted on the unpacked file. I guess this will not be a severe issue but I found it worth mentioning... If it doesn't work as expected, you should use the original tachtig and twintig(git version since it does contain the fix you need)

ps: On a totally unrelated note, segher's git reveals that he works on a checksum fix program for lego starwars game... guess there is a bug in the game to exploit
smile.gif

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
WiiCrazy said:
ps: On a totally unrelated note, segher's git reveals that he works on a checksum fix program for lego starwars game... guess there is a bug in the game to exploit
smile.gif
IIRC when Bushing did the first demonstration of a wii running custom code at 24c3 it was using a modified copy of lego star wars. It could just be old code left over from back then.

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
tueidj said:
WiiCrazy said:
smile.gif
IIRC when Bushing did the first demonstration of a wii running custom code at 24c3 it was using a modified copy of lego star wars. It could just be old code left over from back then.

Well nope, git shows that the checksum tool added to repository in 03 June 2009, and there are more commits after that...
http://git.infradead.org/users/segher/wii.git

Though of course, mine is just pure speculation...

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Look like it's for all the lego games. Why exploit one when you can do three?
biggrin.gif

(Also, any commit log that says "Support for batman" is awesome.)

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
tueidj said:
Look like it's for all the lego games. Why exploit one when you can do three?
biggrin.gif

(Also, any commit log that says "Support for batman" is awesome.)

Concerning lego games, I get lost in their names easily and yeah that commit log is particularly funny.
And about the savefiles, they contain lots of strings I smell an exploit there but I'm too lazy to try crashing the game myself.

belli_132

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'm trying to make a a pes 2009 patch (it's going to give a lot of work but i'm going to) and i already i've got the extrated bin because i've gt my save with the savegame extractor and to extract those files again can this program do that i realy need that thanks!!

edit:somebody know any tool to i modify the pes 2009??

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
belli_132 said:
i'm trying to make a a pes 2009 patch (it's going to give a lot of work but i'm going to) and i already i've got the extrated bin because i've gt my save with the savegame extractor and to extract those files again can this program do that i realy need that thanks!!

edit:somebody know any tool to i modify the pes 2009??

Save game manager works on the actual savefiles in the nand, whereas this tool operate on the data.bin files (packed forms of savefiles). If you are able to copy the savegame forth and back using system menu then this will work. But I suggest you using save manager if you are able to use, it should be much less of a hassle than this.

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Well, I have a little problem...I was messing around with a Savefile, and made a backup before that (in the .bin Format, via Wii-Settings). It happend what I saw coming, I corrupted my Savefile on the Wii, so I deleted that one, and wanted to copy the backup .bin back. I recieved something like "not everything could be copied, look in manual, etc..". I guess it has to do something with my WFC Data on this save....

Anyways, I run it through this tool, everything worked fine, and I wanted to install the Folder via Savegame Manager 1.0 from Wanin. But, it doesn't recognize the File. What can I do now
frown.gif
? I realy need that save... Many thanks in Advance!!!

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
Well I have no idea, which game are we talking about?

Also, it could be useful to take a look at the save folder in the nand itself to see if there is something strange there... like a file with uncommon attributes and such.

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
WiiCrazy said:
Well I have no idea, which game are we talking about?

Also, it could be useful to take a look at the save folder in the nand itself to see if there is something strange there... like a file with uncommon attributes and such.
We're talking about The Conduit (messing with SaveFile for Debug, etc..)...

I've done again some testing, dumped the faulty one which lost one block with Wanins Manager, and banner.bin and SavedGames was in there. Unfortunately, the unpacked .bin with your app also conatins a "nocopy" folder with "profiles" in it. So I did these things:

-I replaced the SavedGames with the one from the right save
Result: Was shown in Manager, was able to install it, game freezes at selection screen.

-I put the "nocopy" folder also in it
Result: Was shown in Manager, but wasn't able to install it (errors like -1 or others)

-I put the "profiles" file also in it
Result: Was shown in Manager, but wasn't able to install it (errors like -1 or others)

What now
frown.gif
? Looks like I'll need to wait until some manager supports .bin-Files...

DxTania

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone I'm pretty new to the whole wii modding scene and came across this topic that would help me in using my bin save file with the ACtoolkit.
My problem is that when I use hte keygrabber and click 'get stuff from interwebs' it says 'connecting to get the keys' and I click 'ok' and then it says 'sorry...error: the remote server returned an error (404) Not Found'

Can someone please help me?
smile.gif

Edit: Ah never mind about that I figured out. Was able to successfully unpack and pack my Animal Crossing save file and got it working perfectly. Thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Veho @ Veho: https://youtube.com/watch?v=Y23PPkftXIY