Hacking FE100 Savefile unpacker/packer

leic7

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I think you'd need to somehow fix the dolphin save before you could import it to the wii... Do you know where dolphin keeps the unencrypted (raw) saves? Ask around on the dolphin forums. If you could somehow get those files (data00, data01, data02, data03, etc.), then it'll only be a matter of replacing individual files and importing the whole thing with the other savegame manager on the wii.

chipsdeluxe1986

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i dont think thats even possible. i just searched around and nothing even close to that is in existence. im thinking of just either starting over (sigh) or trying to slightly cheat and just give myself the same items i have on the wii save file using some sort of cheat device...seems like that would be easier than finding some magical way of making this work

SoraK05

Trophies
XP
Country
Kenya
I played a few games on a virtual NAND and wanted to copy the savegames to my real NAND.
I loaded up each game on the real NAND to make a savegame for each, then copied the savegames to the SD card.
From there, I used FE100 to unpack each savegame, and replace the files inside with the ones from the virtual NAND.

Most of the games packed correctly, except some refused to pack for some reason - Bully and Arc Rise Fantasia are examples of this.
These games do not even repack the extracted version, without modification by overwriting the save from my virtual NAND.

I suppose some savegames do not pack with FE100.

Also, those games with animated banners like Xenoblade Chronicles and Muramasa do not animate when I repacked them with FE100 and copied them to the real NAND..

So I presume it means that some games do not pack with FE100, and the savegames with animated banners only show the first frame.

chipsdeluxe1986

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that sounds like a fantastic idea that might actually work, but i have absolutely no idea how i would go about loading savegame manager onto dolphin.

chipsdeluxe1986

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
obviously i just didnt know what i was looking for. i searched everywhere for "raw data" that dealt with the issue at hand. thanks for letting me know where it is. trying to find what the disc id of monster hunter tri is now. if you guys know how to find out, or know what it is, feel free to let me know! i have 22 different folders in that directory you typed out.

chipsdeluxe1986

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok the id is 524d4845, i found the folder, but, its just showing exactly what i got from the savegame manager. nothing is different. i think im just going to start over. it sucks, but CLEARLY there is no way around it. oh well. thanks anyways for your help guys. oh i also have a totally unrelated question, and if you guys could point me in the right direction i would be eternally grateful. i just switched from usb loader gx to cfg loader, as it seems to be all around better, and was just wondering how on earth do i get black ops and modern warfare 3 working? i couldnt get them working on usb loader gx either. any help would be so greatly appreciated.

leic7

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you got files such as "data00", "data01", "data02", etc. from dolphin, then you're all set. Just replace/overwrite the same files you got from savegame manager, and let savegame manager install the whole thing back to the wii.

chipsdeluxe1986

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh....yeah thats a great idea! for some reason i got confused and thought they were the same files i had extracted...lol my bad! and nvm about the call of duty thing figured that out. tried coming on here to say that yesterday but couldnt access this site for some reason. ill try what you said and post the results!

chipsdeluxe1986

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
holy crap it worked! dude you are a freakin GENIUS thank you so much! so for all of you googlers out there that have this same issue and you stumble upon this thread, the solution was this:
1. Download and run Savegame Manager GX onto your wii
2. In Savegame Manager, find your save file of Monster Hunter Tri that is already on your console
3. Extract it to your sd card
4. Take your sd card, put it in your computer, find the same files in your dolphin folders. My location for the save was Dolphin>User>Wii>Title>00010000>524d4845>data
5. Replace all the files on the sd card with the files on your computer
6. Put the sd card back into your wii, and open up Savegame Manager once again
7. Find where you have the Monster Hunter Tri save file, and install it to the wii. Congratulations, you now have your Dolphin save onto your wii!

Once again, thank you guys so much for helping a noob like me in this situation. You have saved me from hours of redoing everything I had already done! Leic in particular, seriously thank you. You stuck with me through my dumbness lol and didn't show any frustration so thank you really so much.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol