Hacking FE100 Savefile unpacker/packer

smokermonk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
@wiicrazy: i think you are right with the service pack thing, i installed the newest one a few weeks ago, and after that the FE stopped working. can i uninstall the pack(s)?

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
smokermonk said:
@wiicrazy: i think you are right with the service pack thing, i installed the newest one a few weeks ago, and after that the FE stopped working. can i uninstall the pack(s)?

I've seen SP's for redistributable packages too, maybe installing one of them may help. (in the above link I posted)

ps: btw yes you can uninstall the service pack but that would not be wise since it contains lots of security fixes...

smokermonk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
i installed the thing in the link above, now i got a diffrent error
frown.gif

The Application could not initialized correctly

mzxrules

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so I'm trying to see if I can inject emulator saves of Ocarina of Time with FE100 and play them on VC, and maybe even work on a save generator for the game, but I'm running into some issues...

I'm able to use FE100's keygrabber to grab all but the NG-priv key (I don't have a wii to get a xyzzy key dump), decrypt the save, convert it so that my emulator can read it, and play the VC save, but I can't seem to take an emulator save, convert that, swap it in, re-package it, and have someone be able to copy it on to their console. They keep getting a "the data may not have been copied" error.

So I'm wondering if there's a way to fix this...

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
mzxrules said:
Ok, so I'm trying to see if I can inject emulator saves of Ocarina of Time with FE100 and play them on VC, and maybe even work on a save generator for the game, but I'm running into some issues...

I'm able to use FE100's keygrabber to grab all but the NG-priv key (I don't have a wii to get a xyzzy key dump), decrypt the save, convert it so that my emulator can read it, and play the VC save, but I can't seem to take an emulator save, convert that, swap it in, re-package it, and have someone be able to copy it on to their console. They keep getting a "the data may not have been copied" error.

So I'm wondering if there's a way to fix this...

Use latest one bundled in 0.3 version... It can send a dol to a wii to grab the necessary private stuff...

crazyrabbit0

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Nice tool WiiCrazy thx, when unpacking to banner.bin the output files can be used with Savagame Manager (GX) to install, even when the data.bin file can't be via wii's data management.

mew32

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Doest it work with .bin files? cuz i want to transfer a game save which has a data.bin file
biggrin.gif

i hope it supports it

cyranoid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm also getting the "the data may not have been copied" error, but with an SNES gamesave. If I misunderstood what this tools is supposed to do or missed something I apologize in advance.

I have Secret of Mana on VC on my Wii and played it for a bit. I used FE100 to extract the game save and continued the game on ZSNES where I left off. Now I'm trying to get the updated save packed from ZSNES back on the SD card to continue from that point on my Wii. When I attempt to copy the save off the SD card I get "the data may not have been copied".

To rule out ZSNES as being the cause I re-packed the unpacked save and that gave me the same error. I backed up the original save from the Wii and that copies fine. It seems that the re-packing doesn't work.

What am I doing wrong? Is this even doable? (My Wii isn't hacked,... will this only worked on a hacked wii?)

qwertymodo

Trophies
Website
qwertymodo.com
XP
Country
United States
cyranoid said:
I'm also getting the "the data may not have been copied" error, but with an SNES gamesave. If I misunderstood what this tools is supposed to do or missed something I apologize in advance.

I have Secret of Mana on VC on my Wii and played it for a bit. I used FE100 to extract the game save and continued the game on ZSNES where I left off. Now I'm trying to get the updated save packed from ZSNES back on the SD card to continue from that point on my Wii. When I attempt to copy the save off the SD card I get "the data may not have been copied".

To rule out ZSNES as being the cause I re-packed the unpacked save and that gave me the same error. I backed up the original save from the Wii and that copies fine. It seems that the re-packing doesn't work.

What am I doing wrong? Is this even doable? (My Wii isn't hacked,... will this only worked on a hacked wii?)

If your Wii isn't hacked how did you get ahold of your keys? Without them you can't recrypt the file when you repack it and it won't work...

chipsdeluxe1986

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
man i really hope you guys can help me out here...i am at my wits end! i've read so many places on the internet but i am having no luck. i am trying to copy my save file from monster hunter tri that i have from dolphin, over to my wii. i cannot seem to find a way to copy this save file over at all. ive tried using the fe100 program thing, but when i try to unpack the data.bin file, i get the error "unpacking failed: read file header". im pretty new to any sort of modding of the wii and anything that goes with it, and honestly i feel like this is all way over my head. i am knowledgeable with computers though, so i can follow directions if anyone can help me. thank you guys in advance

mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
man i really hope you guys can help me out here...i am at my wits end! i've read so many places on the internet but i am having no luck. i am trying to copy my save file from monster hunter tri that i have from dolphin, over to my wii. i cannot seem to find a way to copy this save file over at all. ive tried using the fe100 program thing, but when i try to unpack the data.bin file, i get the error "unpacking failed: read file header". im pretty new to any sort of modding of the wii and anything that goes with it, and honestly i feel like this is all way over my head. i am knowledgeable with computers though, so i can follow directions if anyone can help me. thank you guys in advance
Try to make a dump of the new savegame on the wii with savegame manager. Then have a look at the file and path, then go to your nand in dolphin, find the file, rename it and put it in the dump location of savegame manager. Then try to restore it. Not really sure if that will work or not, but work a try. That is what I did with my zelda save from a nand dump.

chipsdeluxe1986

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks for the speedy reply. the problem with this particular game's save file, is that when i dumped the savegame using savegame manager on the wii, i got, instead of where "data.bin" would be, i got a folder saying "00010000524d4845" then inside that was a folder saying "nocopy" and a "banner.bin" file. inside of the "nocopy" folder, i get the following files: data01, data02, data03, data04, data05, network, and system. i tried finding the file through dolphin like you had said, but the only bin file i have is the banner file, so i tried that. i got the same error about "read file header".

leic7

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Based on the info provided in this thread: http://forums.dolphin-emulator.com/showthread.php?tid=22522
I'd presume that you'd need to-
- use the latest version of dolphin to export the save (data.bin) to SD card
- use the Wii's System Menu to copy/move the save from SD card to Wii

If the original system menu doesn't allow you to copy that particular protected save, I'd suggest trying to copy it over using GeckoOS. GeckoOS has an option to temporarily turn off the copy protection checks to allow copying after a reboot or something.

I find it strange that you couldn't use FE100 to unpack MH3's save, as I seem to remember unpacking my own save using FE100 before. My save was made by the Wii, though. Maybe data.bin made by Dolphin is indeed different from the same file made by the Wii?

chipsdeluxe1986

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh wow...okay in a whole new serious situation right now. i decided that since i didnt have priiloader installed, i should probably go ahead and do that. so i installed it, went fine. problem is, i had downloaded a priiloader based off of preloader v.3 or something...it was old, and i didnt have the hack file that went with it, so i went into the priiloader through homebrew channel, uninstalled, and then deleted the priiloader folder from my sd card. now, whenever i try to start up my usb loader gx, i get an error that says "exception (dsi) occurred" and after that is a whole bunch of code....i dont know what on earth happened, but now im scared to touch anything. i installed another priiloader that seems to be working okay like it should, just usb loader gx is giving me a whole host of issues. please any help would be appreciated greatly!

chipsdeluxe1986

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh and i am using the latest version of dolphin by the way. when i have dolphin open and i have the list of my games, i see monster hunter tri there, and i right click and select the option of "export wii save". it ALWAYS fails. the only way i can get to the data.bin file at all is by manually finding it in the folder on my computer. i tried to just put that file system onto the sd card and copy from the sd card to the system itself, but the save file just showed up as a question mark and said "this save file may not have copied" or something to that effect.

leic7

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sounds like something's up with your save file on Dolphin. Have you experimented with a new save from a different game on Dolphin to see if it's an isolated problem?

chipsdeluxe1986

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just tried it with smash bros brawl, exported fine as a data.bin file. both games had started out being played on dolphin, didnt import any saves or anything like that. so yeah its just happening with the monster hunter save

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Beyblade let it rip haha.