Favorite game of all time?

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yoshi's Island is tits. I beat that game for GBA and got everything. all 6000 points worth. its a tie between that game and maybe Dragon Warrior Monsters for GBC. I poured so may hours into breeding and training. oh gosh the memories, and i never even unlocked the 99 floor dungeon
cry.gif

blackdragonbaham

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
super mario 64, because there are a lot of nostalgic moments linked to this game:. it was the first console 3d season i had, the moment you get the winged cap and the flyghts remained in my mind till yet, the whole mechanics and controls which were so 'new' in that time and though the graphics arent' up to date, the game still invites to a quick junny season. we spend a lot of time with beating this game, searching for all 120 stars.
the games i would mention the next are the legend of zelda a link to the past and secret of mana:.

callmebob

The Grandpa of Awe!
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I think the whole world seems to have forgotten my personal favorite, and that one is Blast Corps for the N64.
yay.gif

I have to admit I never got platinum on everything. That bouncing around on the moon was just too darn hard. I loved the missions to clear a path for the train (more so than the racing levels). The dump truck and the forklift parts ruled. I keep hoping Rare will resurrect the game.

I also loved Yoshi´s Island, and Mario 64 as well. They were great too, but I think for my 2nd favorite I´d have to go with the original Banjo though.

pinbi7

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
pinball on the nintendo FTW!
P_NES.PNG

my friend just downloaded it on the wii channel and we have a blast

i also have it on psp along with a gazillion other nes game

i also really like pretty much all games with the nintendo classic box art like above or bellow
BalloonFightnesboxart.jpg

kungfuboxln2.jpg

ect...

Panzer Tacticer

veteran human
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm an old school wargamer here. The perfect wargame is Advanced Squad Leader (it's a board game currently worth a few thousand bucks to own a complete set).

In the realm of electronic gaming, its a contest between Heroes of Might and Magic for non military, Steel Panthers for computer wargame, and Civilization for game I actually play as much now as I did the first time I found it all those years ago.

But for totally useful, nothing competes with Dungeons and Dragons. I have spent more hours of my life playing this role playing design in one evolution or another than any other form of entertainment since the late 70s. But I'm not much interested in electronic environments. Defeats the original purpose of the game if you are alone in front of a computer.

Tsukyndale

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
yourbestface.info
XP
Country
Canada
For me, it would have to be a toss-up between Chrono Trigger and Super Mario World. Super Mario World simply because it was the first game I 100% completed by myself, and Chrono Trigger because it was the first RPG to tug at my heart strings. Even if it isn't so much of a tear-jerker as many other RPGs around today (or even at the time), it was still one of the first RPGs that I played, so it will always have a special spot with me. A good third will be Earthbound, because of how quirky and fun but deep the game is.

Vulpes Abnocto

Not Dead Yet
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Resident Evil 4. (PC)
Played it so often that none of my friends will play it now. They say they've seen everything about the game.

[title:Proof inside]
Joeoff.jpg

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
It's impossible for me to pick just one, so here's a short list of my all time faves that constantly fight for that elusive number one spot based on my mood.

- Streets of Rage 1 + 2. Now that I think on it, I prefer the original. But both are fantastic. Pity they went and F'd everything up with the third one and destroyed the franchise.
- Sonic 1, 2, 3 + Knuckles. Impossible to decide between them, they're all fantastic. Well, maybe S+K takes a back seat thanks to that God-forsaken pyramid level I hate so very very much...
- Aggressive Inline, Gamecube. I freakin' love this game. Cannot pick fault wth it. Perfect controls, great music, massive and enjoyable levels, and plenty of humurous moments. Classic.
- Final Fantasy VII. Yeah, I know, cliche choice. This game got me hooked on RPG's and I still love it after what? Twelve years?
- Starfox/Lylat Wars. Since Lylat Wars is a remake I'm counting them both as one game. I've played them both to death. but that fucking frog...I'm still not sure which I hate more. Slippy or the Crazy Frog. They may well be the same thing. Think about it. Both annoying, both useless, both stuck around long after the novelty wore off.
- Super Mario All Stars + World combi cart. The very definition of value and quality. If you own a Super Nintendo, you NEED this. It's everything that is great about gaming condensed into one little cartridge of Uber-Win.
- Zombies Ate My Neighbours. One of my fave co-op games ever. Love it. Hilarious, highly replayable and above all else, long.
- Jelly Boy. He turns into a hammer, what more do you want? A great little game which I was fortunate to pick up boxed in mint condition from eBay for a pound. Epic win.
- Ace Combat Squadron Leader. Perfected the flying game if you ask me. The best in the series, longer than the other PS2/360 offerings, and it has the incredible Kei Nagase on my wing. A wingman who can actually kill the enemy instead of the useless offerings like Slippy. She was tied with Falco Lombardi for best wingman ever, but she won based on the fact the Falco has a foul attitude and is significanly worse looking than Kei.
- Ocarina of Time. yeah, I know. Another cliche choice. ut to be fair there's a reason why it's constantly voted the best game of all time.

I have more, but that'll do for now.

Fakie!

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
There's many games I love so it's very hard to choose, but I think my favourite game ever is either Duke Nukem 3D or Zelda Majora's Mask. Honorable mentions: Mafia, Mario 64, Warcraft 3, CoD, LttP, THPS3, Pokemon Blue, Sonic CD, Monkey Island 3, Day of the Tentacle. I could be forgetting some though.

X D D X

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Jump Ultimate Stars, The Pokemon games and The Mario kart games. I have spent countless hours on these games. Also DBZ Buu's Fury on the GBA, I just loved that game.

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
This is too hard for me! I have to chose more than one!

Illusion of Time / Gaia - I've beaten it twentyleven times, and I just like it.
Chrono Trigger - It's just awesome, first RPG that made me feel the way I feel when I start feeling feelings.
Ocarina of Time - Saria, lost woods, the music...
Majoras Mask - The theme...
Duck Tales (nes) - It's just THAT awesome!
Final Fantasy Mystic Quest - Yeah... I'm weird I know, but I do like it!
SHADOWRUN - THE ONLY SNES GAME I'VE SEEN IN SWEDISH!!!
tongue.gif

Final Fantasy V - My favourite FF.
Ganbare Goemon (snes) - FUCK YEAH!
Mystical Ninja 64 - YEAH FUCK!
Silent Hill 1 2 3 - uh huh!
X-com ufo defence / enemy unknown - Strategy at it's best!

Also:
Perfect Dark, Banjo Kazooie, Super Mario 64, Act Raiser, Soulblazer, morrowind, oblivion, and a hell of a lot more!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It must be the 1st already
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    1st of what?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    may?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh yeah it's in September
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, yea i think its different
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ok, because here it's in september, right before the fuckin school year starts
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
    TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands: I appreciate the insight!