Favorite game of all time?

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by Guild McCommunist, Dec 30, 2009.

1. Windaga

Windaga GBAtemp Maniac

Sep 12, 2009
    United States
    New England
    This, but for Persona 3. I loved both titles to death - I'm a HUGE Atlus fan - to an obsessive point almost - and the SMT series (specifically Persona 3 and 4) is what got me on to them. Persona 3 just resonated with me - the music, the characters, the atmosphere - everything. I love Dig Dug, I love Age of Mythology, and I love Wolf of the Battlefield, but Persona 3 is just....I can't get enough. I think I put about....350+ hours into the Persona series alone, and I loved every second of it.

Not saying I don't love P4 - both Persona 3 and 4 are on my top ten list, but P3, for me personally, is just insurmountable.

2. kevan

kevan Imagination rules the world

Dec 4, 2009
    Place
    FF 7 Crisis Core

3. Gabbynaruto

Gabbynaruto GBAtemp Regular

Nov 2, 2010
    Romania
    Outer Space
    Hm... Impossible for me to actually choose one game, so, I'll list the ones I treasure the most, and that will always have a special place in my heart.

- The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of time (Fine, kill me, cause it was obvious)
    - Transport Tycoon Deluxe (My first ever strategy game)
    - Freelancer (Oh, my crush, the space. Such a giant universe in such a small game. And so much freedom. And such deep story. Beautiful game)
    - Grand Prix 4 (Right... probably the only racing game that keeps on being on my hard disk no matter how many times I format it. Not a big fan of racing games, but I'm a F1 fan, so, I always mod this one with the latest cars and drivers and have fun for at least a year)
    - Super Mario Bros. (Man, I still remember that birthday when I got a NES as a gift. Although SMB was my first meeting with the video games world, I was still good enough to beat my father round after round... you know, in a race of who advances furthest without losing all their lives)
    - Excitebike (No comment, I was, and still am, addicted to this game)
    - Digimon World 3 (Dunno why, but I still think that this one is far better than any other Digimon or Pokemon made so far)
    - Luigi's Mansion (The one game that made me actually love Luigi)
    - The World Ends With You! (Which was actually the one RPG that made me stop hating RPGs... though I still hate most of the PC RPGs... dunno why)

That's it, I guess.

4. Guild McCommunist
    OP

Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

May 6, 2009
    United States
    The Danger Zone
    I was just about to respond to this and then I realized that I actually made this thread. Two years ago. Holy shit.

I'd still say 007 Nightfire although there's a few others that just made my childhood (namely Star Wars: Clone Wars, which has no relation to the cartoon series ironically).

5. wrettcaughn

wrettcaughn GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 14, 2009
    United States
    my wife and I used to play Nightfire for hours at a time. That and Soul Calibur 2. And then we stopped smoking weed... [​IMG]

6. 4-leaf-clover

4-leaf-clover SHSL LUCKSTER :/

Mar 4, 2011
    Netherlands
    That place you call ''Home''
    Well the game that i really really liked is Crash team racing for the ps1 just loed that game

but i got some other favourites

(in no order)

-Bioshock
    -Pokemon Gold
    -Tekken 5 (
    -Mario kart ds
    -Call of duty 3
    - 9 hours 9 persons 9 doors (DUH)

7. SignZ

SignZ Timelord

Jul 16, 2008
    Germany
    Now that's easy to answer: Terranigma!
    I have yet to encounter another game, that draws me in as much as Terranigma. I mean, the story, the graphics, the gameplay, the music.... I still play it from time to time (on my SNES of course).
    I loved it already, when I was at a friend who played it while I was just watching. Then, when he let me play it, I fell in love with the game and was really happy when another friend wanted to trade his Terranigma with my Harvest Moon. That was the best trade I ever did. [​IMG]
    The only thing missing tho, is time travel.. But then again, it would probably be too much for me.. [​IMG]

8. camurso_

camurso_ GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 23, 2004
    Portugal
    Armour-Geddon

9. AsPika2219

AsPika2219 Pikachu going beach!

Jun 17, 2010
    Malaysia
    Cats City
    My favorites games for long time ever!

1. Mother @ Earthbound [​IMG]
    2. Final Fantasy (all numbers)
    3. Pokemon (all version) [​IMG]
    4. Sim City
    5. Terranigma
    6. Secret of Mana

and much more... [​IMG]

10. Paulieo

Paulieo Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 29, 2009
    Australia
    New South Wales
    My favourite would have to be Breath of Fire III. The music is great, the story is perfect and I love dragons! Been playing it since it was released on ps1

11. BobTheJoeBob

BobTheJoeBob The most optimistic person on the temp. :)

Aug 2, 2009
    London
    TimeSplitters 2 and Future Perfect; First person shooting at its finest.

To quote from an article I read a couple of months ago: 'You haven’t played a first person shooter until you’ve stood at the top of Siberia’s Oblask Dam, defending it with a Minigun from a horde of exploding monkeys, deployed by the Russian Mafia who want the Dam destroyed.'

12. Gahars

Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

Aug 5, 2011
    United States
    New Jersey
    Timesplitters 2 and Timesplitters Future Perfect. Though I think FP was a better game (One of the best FPS campaigns ever, seriously), I sunk hundreds of hours into both of these games. They are both classics, and it's a crime that more people don't know about them. (Also, I love my 360, but seriously, backwards compatibility doesn't support Future Perfect? Are you kidding me?)

Besides that, Mass Effect 2, probably. Such a great game, with a (mostly) great cast of characters and an intriguing plot. March will not be here soon enough; I need ME3 now, damn it!

Holy shit. Nice to see I'm not online on this one.

13. KingdomBlade

KingdomBlade Blade v3+ (I R SHMEXY)

Apr 24, 2009
    In Vulpes' Fur
    Easy. The spots of 2-10 change a lot, but 1 always stays the same. (yes, I'll list my top 10)

1. Final Fantasy VI
    2. Braid
    3. Pokemon Gold/Silver/Crystal
    4. Abe's Odyssey
    5. Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
    6. Half Life
    7. Civilization IV
    8. Passage
    9. Portal
    10. Sam & Max Hit the Road

Honorable Mentions: Kingdom Hearts 2, Ace Attorney series, Karoshi, Give Up Robot, Rhythm Heaven, Chrono Trigger, Harvest Moon: More/Friends of Mineral Town, Beneath a Steel Sky, Final Fantasy IV and VII.

14. prowler

prowler Sony

Jul 14, 2009
    Zimbabwe
    Ragol
    My post from 2009 is still correct, if you add Phantasy Star Online and Final Fantasy XIII

15. Wizerzak

Wizerzak Because I'm a potato!

May 30, 2010
    United Kingdom
    Portal 2 = best game evar!

Well, out of what I've played anyway.

16. Balee56

Balee56 GBAtemp Regular

Apr 10, 2010
    Hungary
    I can't choose one so here are my favourite games:

Super Mario World - One of the best platformers ever and my favourite Mario game.
    Sonic 1+2+3+K - I prefer them over Sonic CD.Sonic 2 introduced me to Sonic and Sega Mega Drive.
    Call Of Duty 2 - Best FPS game i've played.
    Final Fantasy VIII - I liked the junction system and the story.
    Final Fight 1+2+3 - I think the 2nd one is the worst of them,but it's still good.
    No More Heroes 1+2 - The best Wii games i've played so far.
    Pokémon Platinum/FRLG - Platinum introduced me to this franchise,but i can't choose between Ptt and FRLG because the GBA ones make me nostalgic because i watched the cartoon when i was a kindergartner.
    GTA:SA - I had so much fun playing this,and it's much more fun than GTAIV.
    Crash Bandicoot trilogy - Easily the best games on PS1.My brother and me used to rent the 1st one so much till we got the PS1 modchipped.
    Um Jammer Lammy - BEST.RHYTHM.GAME.EVAR

17. koimayeul

koimayeul GBAtemp Maniac

Dec 2, 2009
    France
    France
    Humm.. my fondest gaming memories with Secret of Mana SNES 3 player mode.. best game of all time i don't know but Castlevania Symphony of the Night and Final Fantasy IV are in my top charts forever

edit : add CRASH TEAM RACINg.. ahhh.. such a blast on co-op! [​IMG]

18. Guild McCommunist
    OP

Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

May 6, 2009
    United States
    The Danger Zone
    Aw man, that game is amazing. I played the shit out of it. Probably the best kart racing game ever made (suck on it, Mario Kart).

19. 8BitWalugi

8BitWalugi Taiyohhhhhh!

Mar 22, 2008
    Australia
    Side 7
    Mother 3. Only game I cried at the end to.

20. BloodWolfJW

BloodWolfJW Marotheit

Feb 11, 2011
    United States
    Colorado Springs
    Might have said this, but The World Ends With You.

Top 6 (Can't decide the final four, In Order:)

The World Ends With You - Not everyday a game changes how you look at the "world"...
    The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time - The game was epic in ways not imaginable.
    Beyond Good and Evil - Tear Jerker Ending, my firends.
    Pokemon: Diamond Version - Although I prefer Sapphire, I had my best memories with Diamond!
    Advance Wars: Dual Strike - First DS Game, Awesome DS Game.
    GoldenEye 007 - What can I say? That game was kick ass, no matter what YOU think [​IMG]

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted