Hacking Fast-Load destroys savegames on M3 Perfect miniSD

butzki

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hello everyone!

I have a big problem with my M3 and after trying out different firmware I am about to give in trying.

But first I'll get to the point:

I have the M3 now for about 2 weeks and I'm using it together with a GamBoy Micro.

First, I didn't use the "real time save function". Instead I just saved my games normally like they where supposed to.

2 days ago when I felt like playing again I started the M3 and went to the Games Folder. When I selected the game I found out, that instead of pressing START, I can also press A for a FAST-LOAD. I got curious and pressed A. The normal loading screen appeared but the byte-counter didn't start to run like always! I thought OK, maybe it just needs some time so I was waiting and waiting. After 2 minutes I turned off the Micro. When I turned it on again I chose the game but this time I pressed START as always. When I then wanted to load my game I couldn't believe my eyes cause there was NO SAVEGAME. The same for all games I've played and saved that way.

Now I've tried to "downgrade" the firmware since I used the most recent one but nothing helped. I know that the saves are gone but the problem is that I can "destroy" the saves like that every time I "want" to.

Does anyone know how to fix this? Of course I can simply not use the A button to load games from now on but I dont think that it should be like that, should it?

Also now, after many hours of trying out, I could convert a savegame I found on the internet which was nearly at the same point where I was. The problem now is that he just wont save it anymore - at least when I use the "real time save" function and choose the normal SAVE GAME slot. As soon as I turn of the Micro, start it again and choose the game it says:

GAMESAVE" RESTORE MENU

Restore Game Save Data of game
xyz

from save file
xyz

After the game is loaded and when I try to load the save, it's always at the same state, when I put it on the SD Card. I also got around this problem by saving it to the SAVE BACKUP1 or 2 state but this can't be normal either, especially since it takes much much longer than the SAVE GAME slot.

Does anyone know how to solve this?

Thanks in advance.

butzki

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Bunjolio, And that haha