Hacking Extended Cafiine Server (dump everything mode, encrypted game packs, ...)

Ray Koopa

Obviously a Koopaling
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I extended MrReans original Cafiine server and added some features. Highlights are:
  • Additional encrypted game pack support rather than raw files and directories in the root folder. Protects mods from script kiddies (the encryption is _not_ a secure, but a 'visible' one). Can also be time bombed to work only in a specific time period (again, just to protect against script kiddies).
  • /DUMPALL mode dumps every queried file and recreates the directory structure in a separate dump directory.
  • More configuration options and startup parameters: Port, network interface IP, data (root) / logs / dump directory paths.
  • Optimized fancy colorful partyhard console output and better file logging for each client rather than each connection.
  • Several code and performance optimizations of the original server code parts.
A tool to create game packs and a lot more information and instructions on the GitHub repository.

It finished implementing all features, but it still needs some testing (several longer MK8 sessions were running fine). Would be awesome to hear what you guys think.

Last edited by Ray Koopa,

Duckling

Sorry for being dumb ;(
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
With /DUMPALL couldn't you dump the whole game and get a backup for Loadiine?

Really dope though! Well done!

Ray Koopa

Obviously a Koopaling
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Haha, that's a good one. Yeah, I'm still looking for a different name since "Cafiine Server" can be easily confused with any other... maybe I take yours =]

With /DUMPALL couldn't you dump the whole game and get a backup for Loadiine?
Yes it could be possible. You'd just need to be sure to get every file queried, which can be tedious depending on how complex the game is.
However, I experienced weird client disconnects at random times with multiple file dumps at the same time. The original server also just gets a disconnect from the client, looks like the exploit code throws up somewhere, gotta look into its code somewhen... by now, try a slow dump, or just ignore those files (by creating a corresponding 0-byte file in the dump directory).

Last edited by Ray Koopa,

victormr21

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi Ray!
Its possible use cafiine or your mod with Loadiine GX2? I have Disney Infinity 3.0 and all folders in content are like encrypted, all folders are like gsb65bdk and inside there are a file without format (It say file instead rar, elf, byaml...) and a rar file that when I try to open It say its broken or unknown but all rar files are called _root_ or similar and I want see what files load in each momento but its a backup...
Bye!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: damn