Extended Cafiine Server (dump everything mode, encrypted game packs, ...)

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Ray Koopa, Jun 12, 2016.

1. Ray Koopa
    OP

Ray Koopa Obviously a Koopaling

Aug 18, 2015
    I extended MrReans original Cafiine server and added some features. Highlights are:
    • Additional encrypted game pack support rather than raw files and directories in the root folder. Protects mods from script kiddies (the encryption is _not_ a secure, but a 'visible' one). Can also be time bombed to work only in a specific time period (again, just to protect against script kiddies).
    • /DUMPALL mode dumps every queried file and recreates the directory structure in a separate dump directory.
    • More configuration options and startup parameters: Port, network interface IP, data (root) / logs / dump directory paths.
    • Optimized fancy colorful partyhard console output and better file logging for each client rather than each connection.
    • Several code and performance optimizations of the original server code parts.
    A tool to create game packs and a lot more information and instructions on the GitHub repository.

It finished implementing all features, but it still needs some testing (several longer MK8 sessions were running fine). Would be awesome to hear what you guys think.

Last edited by Ray Koopa, Jul 31, 2016
  2. Coc4tm

Coc4tm WIP Nintendo hacker.

Feb 12, 2016
    France
    fw.img
    Seems great !

3. Duckling

Duckling Sorry for being dumb ;(

Mar 17, 2016
    Laos
    With /DUMPALL couldn't you dump the whole game and get a backup for Loadiine?

Really dope though! Well done!

4. jc5504

jc5504 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 14, 2015
    United States
    Great work! Maybe you could give it a clever name like capuciino

Ray Koopa and VinsCool like this.
  5. VinsCool

VinsCool Delusional

GBAtemp Patron
    VinsCool is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 7, 2014
    Canada
    Another World
    I like the idea!

6. Ray Koopa
    OP

Aug 18, 2015
    Haha, that's a good one. Yeah, I'm still looking for a different name since "Cafiine Server" can be easily confused with any other... maybe I take yours =]

Yes it could be possible. You'd just need to be sure to get every file queried, which can be tedious depending on how complex the game is.
    However, I experienced weird client disconnects at random times with multiple file dumps at the same time. The original server also just gets a disconnect from the client, looks like the exploit code throws up somewhere, gotta look into its code somewhen... by now, try a slow dump, or just ignore those files (by creating a corresponding 0-byte file in the dump directory).

Last edited by Ray Koopa, Jun 12, 2016
  7. Ray Koopa
    OP

Aug 18, 2015
    I completely documented the features of this server, and how to use a Cafiine server in general, on the project's wiki!

8. victormr21

victormr21 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 29, 2015
    Hi Ray!
    Its possible use cafiine or your mod with Loadiine GX2? I have Disney Infinity 3.0 and all folders in content are like encrypted, all folders are like gsb65bdk and inside there are a file without format (It say file instead rar, elf, byaml...) and a rar file that when I try to open It say its broken or unknown but all rar files are called _root_ or similar and I want see what files load in each momento but its a backup...
    Bye!

9. Ray Koopa
    OP

Aug 18, 2015
    I only wrote a server, not the client. You gotta ask the developer of the client about that.