drwhojan

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
xalwynx said:
drwhojan said:
xalwynx said:
hmm tried using the hadouken patch, but it freezes after the hadouken screen thingy. any ideas?

What are you playing it on , What type of Card - or Emulator est ?

oh sorry, TTDS with YSmenu. i'm trying it again encrypting/decrypting it and stuff. gonna see later if it works.

EDIT: still freezes after pressing any button in the hadouken screen.

Im not sure , but would taping the reset are undo reset help - it could be worth a try !

I am suprised it's not give-ing you an errcode=-4 on load ?...

If you down't get that errcode - then try geting us all the infolib.dat boot code using this tool

Instructions http://gbatemp.net/t214600-may-i-know-how-...p;#entry2712974

Tool http://www.ndstti.cn/download/tool/infolib_custom.7z

xalwynx

Trophies
XP
Country
it's pretty simple to load without the errcode=-4

i just got the most recent infolib and extinfo, i think i got it from this site.

then i patched it and stuff, used R4cce to know the id, and used ttdt.exe to look for the etrian odyssey ids and change it in the infolib and extinfo. i think it's the same process used for pokemon black and white translation patches etc.

drwhojan

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
xalwynx said:
it's pretty simple to load without the errcode=-4

i just got the most recent infolib and extinfo, i think i got it from this site.

then i patched it and stuff, used R4cce to know the id, and used ttdt.exe to look for the etrian odyssey ids and change it in the infolib and extinfo. i think it's the same process used for pokemon black and white translation patches etc.

I see yes sorry -

CODE00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 AC AA 00 00 00 00 00 00
00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 04 AB 00 00 28 AC 00 00
70 AB 00 00 E0 AC 00 00 FF FF FF FF 70 AD 00 00
A8 AE 00 00 9C AF 00 00 68 C8 00 00 60 BB 0F 00
68 48 00 00 FF FF FF FF EC C9 00 00 FF FF FF FF
48 09 00 00 64 F5 00 00 FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF

Is it not possible that the code in extinfo.dat might not be confusing the ROM - sinse it already patched ....

Mabe it could be taken out of just extinfo.dat - for that one encrypted GameID - patched rom ?

Wintrale

Trophies
XP
Country
A little tip for people who might be finding cash hard to come by... Make three farmers (I called 'em Mo, Jo and Bo), then put all three initial points from two of them into Harvestry. In the last, put one point in Harvestry, Keen Eye and To Town. If you do this you'll be able to go to the Chop area at the top of B1F, get quite a bit of loot out of the seven uses and use To Town to negate the need to backtrack. Typically gets you a few hundred En for each "run".

I hadn't thought of this at all until a friend of mine suggested running more than one Farmer. I guess all those slots in the Guild are worth something after all!

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe I figured out why the original rom dump (the xxxx one) didn't work properly. it was overtrimmed like everyone said. I just ripped my own game using the 3-in-1 rom dumping tool. since there's only 32MB of memory on the 3-in-1, it requires 2 passes (Etrian Odyssey 3 uses a 64MB cart). the original ripper must've thought the rip was done after the first pass...since the original rom dump is exactly 32MB...that's my guess anyway.

Archimdae

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wintrale said:
A little tip for people who might be finding cash hard to come by... Make three farmers (I called 'em Mo, Jo and Bo), then put all three initial points from two of them into Harvestry. In the last, put one point in Harvestry, Keen Eye and To Town. If you do this you'll be able to go to the Chop area at the top of B1F, get quite a bit of loot out of the seven uses and use To Town to negate the need to backtrack. Typically gets you a few hundred En for each "run".

I hadn't thought of this at all until a friend of mine suggested running more than one Farmer. I guess all those slots in the Guild are worth something after all!

It works even better with a full party of Farmers. Some people like to throw in a hoplite, but after a couple levels and upgraded gear you only need the farmers.

theleo2002

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I tried bypassing errcode=-4 the way xalwynx did, and my game's freezes right after the Hadouken intro too. I've tried running the game with TTMENU instead YSMENU and I'm still getting the same results; Bummer. Why is the freezing happening anyway? This didn't happen with other carts, right?

LOVEnPOP

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I nearly finished the second stratum but i read that there should be a couple of events here and there involving the ninja and zodiac cutie. Fact is, i am in the 8th floor, i stopped the flow of water, tried to walk back every inch of 5th/6th/7th and found no event. I am tempted to go smash the huge whale but i'd like, at least, to save the cutie and see the lousy ninja die the horrible death he deserves. Did i do anything wrong? Does any of you know exactly in which tiles these events are triggered, and if i lost them forever having arrived at the door of the whale?

ranonadg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone please reupload the patch to another site? Mediafire's not letting me connect to the file, keeps getting the connection reset.

raylgo

Trophies
XP
Country
I still cant get this game to work on Wood 1.13... I've tried patching it and getting the 33.6 MB file (with 2 different clean 64 MB dumps). I've tried the already trimmed 32 MB file. It plays smoothly the first time I patched it (hanged after Cross Slash though) but now it gives me a white top screen after any battle.

I tried using the clean dump with Wood 1.13 (since one of the zips I got had the ROM and instructions to use that particular Wood firmware), but it still hangs with Cross Slash...

Wintrale

Trophies
XP
Country
Screw the new KH game, I need to grind 'til I can safely walk around B2F without someone dying! My current party is Shogun, Prince, Monk, Zodiac and Arbalist. Yes, I totally used a code to unlock the two extra classes a lot sooner than I should've. I'm so impatient when it comes to stuff like that.
frown.gif

dgwillia

The Bacon Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wintrale said:
Screw the new KH game, I need to grind 'til I can safely walk around B2F without someone dying! My current party is Shogun, Prince, Monk, Zodiac and Arbalist. Yes, I totally used a code to unlock the two extra classes a lot sooner than I should've. I'm so impatient when it comes to stuff like that.
frown.gif

CHEATAR!

Im on BF4 personally, might have to go back up to BF3 because just a since Anaconda (Or whatever they are called), nearly took my party out if it wasnt for my Wilding's summon causing Bind on its head. Gotta grind out some of those rarer items needed to unlock new armor.

Wintrale

Trophies
XP
Country
The worst part is that the Shogun still hasn't shown anything that good!
rolleyes.gif

When I finally get myself some katanas, no doubt he'll end up steamrolling a lot of enemies. But right now, all he does is attack with two weapons, draw all attacks to him and recover everyone's HP when he gets revived. My Prince and my Monk are highly effective damage dealers and healers, which is weird, and I really like how useful the Zodiac's Dark Ether is. For 10TP, I can simultaneously revive or heal teammates while buffing their Attack or Defense.

wash

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xalwynx said:
hmm tried using the hadouken patch, but it freezes after the hadouken screen thingy. any ideas?
I have the same problem on my M3i Zero card.
Totally feezes after i press a button. Why is the stupid screen there anyway ruining the game.. I had same problems on other games with that homemade intro screens, shit dun work..
frown.gif

btw some guy said game dun crash as often if u have map zoomed in, anyone know if it works?

Mark Radaza

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
raylgo said:
I still cant get this game to work on Wood 1.13... I've tried patching it and getting the 33.6 MB file (with 2 different clean 64 MB dumps). I've tried the already trimmed 32 MB file. It plays smoothly the first time I patched it (hanged after Cross Slash though) but now it gives me a white top screen after any battle.

I tried using the clean dump with Wood 1.13 (since one of the zips I got had the ROM and instructions to use that particular Wood firmware), but it still hangs with Cross Slash...

I have the same problem. I put R4 Wood 1.13 in my MicroSD, game works well, but it hangs whenever I do Limits.

Please help this poor fellow.

hate2.gif

raylgo

Trophies
XP
Country
Mark Radaza said:
raylgo said:

I have the same problem. I put R4 Wood 1.13 in my MicroSD, game works well, but it hangs whenever I do Limits.

Please help this poor fellow.

hate2.gif

I've finally gotten it to work past the Cross Slash limit my reformatting my card and using a different patched ROM (still 33.6 MB though). I'm not sure if it can get past the sailing bit though...

frostydrag0n

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I keep getting random crashes on B2F on wood 1.13 with the patched game 0o Gonna try the 1.14 wood ... HOPEFULLY I won't needa re-map the area again
ohnoes.png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Only thing you catch are STDs. +1