ROM Hack There is an old romhack that need to be saved!

JoeNg

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello community!

There is a hack that I like to try my hands on, Platinum Enhanced Edition. Their selling point is: vanilla experience but very hard boss fights late game. I was intrigued. The thing is, the patch file is really difficult to find, they were all expired. Personally I think the community needs this hack to be alive!

My luck so far was this patch attached below, which contains the supposedly latest version (1.5). It is definitely not mine but considering how hard to find it I decided to attach it. If it is against the rule please let me know.

Still haven't figured out how to patch it. I've tried 3 different base US roms: 3541, 4997, Xenophobia; but got no luck. "Unknown patch format" was all I've got. The file format is ".patch". The readme instruction is some .bat stuff and non-trimming things that I'm not familiar with. I tried, and it didn't work.

I'd like to get some help from @DeadSkullzJr. Hope he can save this hack somehow. This account is very new, I couldn't directly contact @DeadSkullzJr yet so I will leave my message here: Hope you can do some justice on this, and preferably have a new easier-to-patch file of this hack. I need your help on this!

Anyone knows @DeadSkullzJr please refer this to him. Or, if anyone can have a patch that works (I'm not sure I got the original, legit patch file), or did patch this hack successfully please let me know.

Thanks and appreciate it in advance!

Reactions: Xdqwerty

DeadSkullzJr

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello community!

There is a hack that I like to try my hands on, Platinum Enhanced Edition. Their selling point is: vanilla experience but very hard boss fights late game. I was intrigued. The thing is, the patch file is really difficult to find, they were all expired. Personally I think the community needs this hack to be alive!

My luck so far was this patch attached below, which contains the supposedly latest version (1.5). It is definitely not mine but considering how hard to find it I decided to attach it. If it is against the rule please let me know.

Still haven't figured out how to patch it. I've tried 3 different base US roms: 3541, 4997, Xenophobia; but got no luck. "Unknown patch format" was all I've got. The file format is ".patch". The readme instruction is some .bat stuff and non-trimming things that I'm not familiar with. I tried, and it didn't work.

I'd like to get some help from @DeadSkullzJr. Hope he can save this hack somehow. This account is very new, I couldn't directly contact @DeadSkullzJr yet so I will leave my message here: Hope you can do some justice on this, and preferably have a new easier-to-patch file of this hack. I need your help on this!

Anyone knows @DeadSkullzJr please refer this to him. Or, if anyone can have a patch that works (I'm not sure I got the original, legit patch file), or did patch this hack successfully please let me know.

Thanks and appreciate it in advance!
I'll see what I can do, machine is busy at the moment so I'll need a little time.
Post automatically merged:

Checked my collection, I had this hack already, I went ahead and double checked the integrity by applying the patch to the right dump, and both instances matched 1:1. Whipped up a new patch as requested.

The patch must be applied to the following ROM dump:
Code:
    File: Pokemon - Platinum Version (USA).nds
  CRC-32: 9253921d
     MD5: d66ad7a2a0068b5d46e0781ca4953ae9
   SHA-1: ce81046eda7d232513069519cb2085349896dec7
 SHA-256: ede62292aa7f7014ff27d42097e769753380531739889c29b968b67b80f80678

Patch Download:
https://mega.nz/folder/0ZIDQDDI#zXXxGQqIMAh6-RQ_XJTB7g

Generally when packaging up patches I include notes on what to use, but for now I'll just directly post the resources needed below as a temporary solution until I get around to properly packaging the patch.

Last edited by DeadSkullzJr,
Reactions: JoeNg

JoeNg

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll see what I can do, machine is busy at the moment so I'll need a little time.
Post automatically merged:

Checked my collection, I had this hack already, I went ahead and double checked the integrity by applying the patch to the right dump, and both instances matched 1:1. Whipped up a new patch as requested.

The patch must be applied to the following ROM dump:
Code:
    File: Pokemon - Platinum Version (USA).nds
  CRC-32: 9253921d
     MD5: d66ad7a2a0068b5d46e0781ca4953ae9
   SHA-1: ce81046eda7d232513069519cb2085349896dec7
 SHA-256: ede62292aa7f7014ff27d42097e769753380531739889c29b968b67b80f80678

Patch Download:
https://mega.nz/folder/0ZIDQDDI#zXXxGQqIMAh6-RQ_XJTB7g

Generally when packaging up patches I include notes on what to use, but for now I'll just directly post the resources needed below as a temporary solution until I get around to properly packaging the patch.

Hey I patched your file with the base 3541 rom using online tool as you mentioned and it worked! Idk if there gonna be any crash but this is great already.

I posted a reply on the original thread, can you post this patch over there so others will know about this?

Thank you very much I appreciate it!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto