Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Phalanx is...the Hoplite?
And you had a Gladiator too?
...and a Zodiac?

You had the ideal team to beat the thing at level1, of course you did.
tongue.gif

Incidentally, a Farmer/Hoplite might not be a bad idea to bolster the usefulness of a Farmer in-battle should you decide to raise one from the start.
Stick to the spear-type Farmer weapons and you can use the spear skills from the Hoplite.

Alternatively, sub Monk, haha.

isabelyes said:
Zarcon said:
DS1: If you subclass as a Farmer instead of raise one then you'll...need to raise one anyway in a separate party unless you're willing to spend points on individual gather/chop/mine skills for gathering points early on.

Note: Gathering isn't necessary at all; it's a nice extra, but you'll be able to get through the game without it, too.
Sure, you might not be able to finish any quest, but remember: not everyone is a completionist. :3
But...but we were tasked with the responsibility to explore and document everything in the dungeon!
You're a failure as an explorer.
angry.gif

Isabelyes

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Zarcon said:
Phalanx is...the Hoplite?
And you had a Gladiator too?
...and a Zodiac?

You had the ideal team to beat the thing at level1, of course you did.
tongue.gif

And I didn't even know anything about the classes! Lucky me. :3

Incidentally, a Farmer/Hoplite might not be a bad idea to bolster the usefulness of a Farmer in-battle should you decide to raise one from the start.
Stick to the spear-type Farmer weapons and you can use the spear skills from the Hoplite.

Alternatively, sub Monk, haha.
You mean Hoplite/Farmer, right? In order to get the defense boost.
...wait. When did I say something about a Hoplite/Farmer?

isabelyes said:
Zarcon said:
DS1: If you subclass as a Farmer instead of raise one then you'll...need to raise one anyway in a separate party unless you're willing to spend points on individual gather/chop/mine skills for gathering points early on.

Note: Gathering isn't necessary at all; it's a nice extra, but you'll be able to get through the game without it, too.
Sure, you might not be able to finish any quest, but remember: not everyone is a completionist. :3
But...but we were tasked with the responsibility to explore and document everything in the dungeon!
angry.gif
Yet, I did save the world! Twice already, and I'm going to do it a third time!
or...*Wink*

Zarcon

.:~Enigmatic Wanderer~:.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I meant Farmer/Hoplite.
I said if you raise a Farmer from the start.
tongue.gif

I'd rather do Hoplite/Buccaneer or Hoplite/Ninja to raise combat effectiveness in normal battles.
Extra attacks/chance to instant kill from normal attacks is mighty handy.

But then, I tend not to buy healing items so I'm not as attack skill happy as most, haha.

DS1

Tired
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Zarcon said:
angry.gif

Lol, not only that but doing all those sidequests is more fun than just straight grinding.

I'm still a little confused on the subclassing thing though... I'm just going to have to see how it works when I actually play the game.

Isabelyes

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Zarcon said:
I meant Farmer/Hoplite.
I said if you raise a Farmer from the start.
tongue.gif

I'd rather do Hoplite/Buccaneer or Hoplite/Ninja to raise combat effectiveness in normal battles.
Extra attacks/chance to instant kill from normal attacks is mighty handy.

But then, I tend not to buy healing items so I'm not as attack skill happy as most, haha.

But, but...Having a Hoplite as a main character is way handier!
blink.gif

I'm still wondering whether I should choose Hoplite/Monk or Hoplite/Ninja...
Both have their ups and downs.

At the least, I was able to get through the Second Stratum without using Revive - I didn't know the moonrunes for it -
And after that, I can subclass as a Monk.
...But that had nothing to do with your post. :3

Hoplite/Ninja would be handy too, but there'd be no reason to make her evasive if she can't heal...

DS1 said:
QUOTE(Zarcon @ Sep 23 2010, 03:30 PM) But...but we were tasked with the responsibility to explore and document everything in the dungeon!
angry.gif

Lol, not only that but doing all those sidequests is more fun than just straight grinding.

I'm still a little confused on the subclassing thing though... I'm just going to have to see how it works when I actually play the game.

Don't listen to us; We're EO veterans, and if you follow our advice, I'd make the game unnecessarily complex for you.
Just try out whatever you want to; EO III is way too versatile, so it's impossible to fail!

Isabelyes

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
DS1 said:
Oh believe me, I'm taking your word on that! And if I fail, I'm sending my R4 to Atlus and saying, "I demand my money back! I was told it was impossible to fail!"

Oshit, next thing I know is that you've sent Ninty's lawyer to sue me for saying you can't get a game over.

I'm gonna die am I not?

But, honestly, in the Japanese version, I only got game-overed ~5 times in two Strata,
and that was because I can't read Japanese and, therefore, didn't know when a dangerous enemy etc. would come.

Isabelyes

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
impizkit said:
jet™ said:
As long as it's as DQIXy as it gets, I'm in.

Its the same yet so different. I love both games.

[/review]

Well, anyway, I'm going to bed.
Here's hoping it'll be dumped properly when I wake up!

G'night, everyone!

(Also, it was nice discussing classes with you, Zarcon!
You should really join the ItL forums!)

Porkmaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
closedeyes.gif
Of course I of all people have to be late to grand discussion of one of my favorite games.

If you want a main tank, Make it Hoplite-Ninja, focus into the taunt and evasion bonus, all non-magic casting enemies or foes shall be laughed at, dodging 50% of all attacks, and even if you take it to the face the damage taken is very low.

My main damage dealer was my Zodiac-Ninja, doubling and then bombing the shit out of people, using the second zodiac to give free spells, and the first to use the really expensive ones, most enemies fall by turn 2-3, and foes by turn... 2 or 3.

Healer was a Prince/ss and ninja-combo, focusing in defense order, passive Hp Max=Healing per turn, dodge of course so you don't take damage anyway, and the thing that restores hp when buffing. So easy to keep them all up to max.

My side people were a Farmer-Hoplite, farmer for FARMING, and hoplite so he doesn't die in the front line, no real use in battle, but this isnt the team made to kill the last boss.

And a Great single target damager, Gladiator-Swashbuckler, Using Damage buff, then Triple damage focus, and then finally Pins and needles for around 3K damage 2-5 damage in a row. Takes out any enemy or foe in 1 turn.

That's my team setup endgame, and I'll float around this forum for a while.

Shadownhero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey smart one, you might want to edit your post. You could get in trouble. Also they probably took the one we are all using and put it up on theirs

Dalrint

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The one that guy up there mentioned before the mods got to him seems to be working on my cyclods evolution.

What are the 'crash' spots again? I've only been playing half an hour or so but it hasn't crashed yet.

Aia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some people have reported crashes upon using multi-target attacks [somebody's Limit, or Boost, I think, specifically], leaving the shop and around the sailing segments.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :O