Hacking Easy Nus3bank Editor With GUI

Roger Reynoso

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know the best way to raise the volume of a song I got off Brawl Custom Music? I want to keep the loop points.

That'll be kind of difficult, you would need to convert that whatever into wav and then increase the volume with a software like Audacity. However, the hard thing is getting it back to nus3bank.... So, I don't know, increase it yourself and then upload it so they can give you a nus3bank version you can download? that can probably work.

BDS

Trophies
XP
Country
France
@Flashwire @Roger Reynoso Looks like Python is still not in your path variable:
  • right click on the windows logo (or hit windows + pause and go to step 3)
  • select system
  • select advanced settings
  • environment variables
  • find path, click edit
  • select new and enter C:\Python27\
  • select new (again) and enter C:\Python27\Scripts
  • if you have any cmd opened, you should close them before checking your %path% again
  • try first with system variables then user variables

I've contacted Soneek regarding the revb cracking noise glitch when building idsp files with loops.

Here are changes that are already implemented for 2.00:
  • now uses ffmpeg to support a LOT more file types (literally anything ffmpeg can convert to wav, from MP3 to video files)
  • added an x-axis scrollbar
  • entries go blue when replaced
  • error handling enhanced
  • grouped some extensions together (like .wav with .ogg and .mp3; .bXstm together) + added wildcard extension for any extra extension that works (flac, video files...) for easier use
Some changes not implemented yet but should be easy to do:
  • revert replace
  • having a set workspace folder instead of a file dependent workspace folder
  • saving when the user wants (injections into nus3bank would be done only when actually saving instead of whenever replacing an idsp; replacing an idsp would only convert the file to idsp and put it in the preview playlist)
In progress:
  • rework conversion to idsp
  • doing research to see if I could add a BrawlBox-esque looking interface to edit replacement tracks (features that may come with it: using a subpart of the audio, loop editing, maybe adjust volume (yet I do believe a proper audio editing tool would be better for that)) (may not be coming to 2.00)
Other things planned:
  • Menu entries + keyboard shortcuts
  • sort groups of extensions based on latest uses

Last edited by BDS,
Reactions: Roger Reynoso

Roger Reynoso

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
  • select system
  • environment variables
  • find path, click edit
  • if you have any cmd opened, you should close them before checking your %path% again

I've contacted Soneek regarding the revb cracking noise glitch when building idsp files with loops.

• now uses ffmpeg to support a LOT more file types (literally anything ffmpeg can convert to wav, from MP3 to video files)
  • grouped some extensions together (like .wav with .ogg and .mp3; .bXstm together) + added wildcard extension for any extra extension that works (flac, video files...) for easier use
  • revert replace
  • saving when the user wants (injections into nus3bank would be done only when actually saving instead of whenever replacing an idsp; replacing an idsp would only convert the file to idsp and put it in the preview playlist)
In progress:
  • doing research to see if I could add a BrawlBox-esque looking interface to edit replacement tracks (features that may come with it: using a subpart of the audio, loop editing, maybe adjust volume (yet I do believe a proper audio editing tool would be better for that)) (may not be coming to 2.00)
Other things planned:

Amazing! Thanks a lot man! On the " environment variable " I already have those two things that you told me to write, in. What do I do? do I still do what you told me?

BDS

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I already have those two things that you told me to write, in. What do I do? do I still do what you told me?
for both user and system?
I noticed those python directories weren't in the command output of "echo %path%" for Flashwire, was it the same for you? And you still had systematic issues opening nus3bank files with an exception regarding the playlistpath? You still can't type python in a cmd window? Still no luck when typing in a cmd either "python nus3bank.py YourAudioFile.wav" or "nus3bank.py YourAudioFile.wav"?

Roger Reynoso

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
for both user and system?
I noticed those python directories weren't in the command output of "echo %path%" for Flashwire, was it the same for you? And you still had systematic issues opening nus3bank files with an exception regarding the playlistpath? You still can't type python in a cmd window? Still no luck when typing in a cmd either "python nus3bank.py YourAudioFile.wav" or "nus3bank.py YourAudioFile.wav"?

Still no luck same as before, on my sound file case, it says that my Wav file does not exist, which is weird, so what I did was drag the file itself next to nus3bank.py and I get this =

zlib.error: Error -3 while decompressing data: incorrect header check nus3_decom = zlib.decompress(data) File "C:\Users\ \Desktop\Editor\nus3bank.py", line 39, in <module>Traceback (most recent call last):C:\Users\ \Desktop\Editor>nus3bank.py "C:\Users\ \Desktop\OMG M8 PLS\plsm8.wav"

Roger Reynoso

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ooops, I'm telling non sense, type (python) nus3bank.py YourNus3bank.nus3bank

Ok, I got this!

C:\Users\\snd_vc_smashappeal_Angeland_US_12.nus3bank
C:\Users\\Desktop\Editor>nus3bank.py
6015 :0x177f:"snd_vc_smashappeal_Angeland_JP_12"
0x0:snd_vc_smashappeal_Angeland_JP_12

Relrel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
  • select system
  • environment variables
  • find path, click edit

• revert replace
In progress:
Other things planned:

Thanks so much, can't wait.

Roger Reynoso

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well you just use the gui as you would normally do, opening nus3bank files and replacing their idsp's
mmm.jpg

Mmmm? I still get the same thing :/

Necro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK wait so how exactly does this work? I replace the sound files I want, but how do I rebuild it all into a new .nus3bank so I can replace it with Sm4shExplorer?

BDS

Trophies
XP
Country
France
For now, you can copy and rename your nus3bank manually.
Next release (tomorrow?) will allow you to save directly to a different name.
I hope this time I got the fix right for the ones that got the exception with the file not found ^^

revb won't probably get updated though :(

Roger Reynoso

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For now, you can copy and rename your nus3bank manually.
Next release (tomorrow?) will allow you to save directly to a different name.
I hope this time I got the fix right for the ones that got the exception with the file not found ^^

https://twitter.com/DanSyor/status/737466737860485120

revb won't probably get updated though :(

Yasssss! That's great to see *_*

Wait, what's revb?

BDS

Trophies
XP
Country
France
NUS3BANK Editor 2.00 is now available!
Grab it here!

Changelog:
  • Now uses ffmpeg to support a LOT more file types (literally anything ffmpeg can convert to wav, from MP3 to video files)
  • Added an x-axis scrollbar
  • Entries go blue when replaced
  • Error handling enhanced (yes, again!)
  • Grouped some extensions together (like .wav with .ogg and .mp3; .bXstm together) + added wildcard extension for any extra extension that works (video files...) for easier use
  • Added the ability to revert replacements
  • Now uses a set workspace folder instead of a file-dependant folder
  • Saving when the user wants (injections into nus3bank are done only when actually saving instead of whenever replacing an idsp; replacing an idsp only converts the file to idsp and puts it in the preview playlist)
  • Abbility to save as another nus3bank file added
  • Fixing playlist path, take 2
  • Reworked conversion to idsp for replacement sounds. Can loop audio on demand.
  • Menu entries with keyboard shortcuts have been added
  • The "Export to WAV" button has been removed and replaced with a menu entry that can also export an idsp with no conversion
Screenshots:
6vYFDTw.png
JYLPQbS.png

KillzXGaming

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you blue dan and all the devs! This tool makes nus3bank files so easy, i used to make them manually but now i can easily just import an mp3 with ease. Keep up the great work!

Roger Reynoso

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Grab it here!

Changelog:
  • Now uses ffmpeg to support a LOT more file types (literally anything ffmpeg can convert to wav, from MP3 to video files)
  • Grouped some extensions together (like .wav with .ogg and .mp3; .bXstm together) + added wildcard extension for any extra extension that works (video files...) for easier use
  • Saving when the user wants (injections into nus3bank are done only when actually saving instead of whenever replacing an idsp; replacing an idsp only converts the file to idsp and puts it in the preview playlist)
  • The "Export to WAV" button has been removed and replaced with a menu entry that can also export an idsp with no conversion
Screenshots:
6vYFDTw.png
JYLPQbS.png

Amazing! Thanks a lot! I'll test it right now! :D

Roger Reynoso

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Grab it here!

Changelog:
Screenshots:
6vYFDTw.png
JYLPQbS.png

Ok so... Good news and bad news ;-; Good news is! :D I am able to change Palutena's Guidance conversation with ease! And the replacement was a great success! but the Bad news are, I still can't change the voiceovers for Pit... I'll try other characters though, I re-recorded today, and even tried with the new ability to use FLAC and MP3 files but nothing... Also tried WAV, but I'll see how BRSTM goes as well. However! this was an amazing step overall! Again thanks a LOT for everything you've done @BDS this project of mine wouldn't have started with you and your team...

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hot fix 2.01

Changelog:
  • Fixed "Saving as..."
  • Opening nus3bank files and saving should now work for people who had an error trying to

What?! 2.01 already? :O I can see a faster opening of nus3bank files!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.