Hacking DSTT infolibs

Bunie

#1 Princess
OP
Member
Joined
Aug 19, 2010
Messages
568
Trophies
0
Age
33
Location
Pleasureville, KY
XP
278
Country
United States
Removed due to outdated-ness.
wub.gif
 

Bunie

#1 Princess
OP
Member
Joined
Aug 19, 2010
Messages
568
Trophies
0
Age
33
Location
Pleasureville, KY
XP
278
Country
United States
Xamus ace said:
Nice fix man
Thanks. Retro came up with the fix though, so he gets 99% of the credit. i just put it back together.
closedeyes.gif
im surprised no ones done it already. But im willing to learn new fixes if someone can teach me how to get infolib.
 

retrogamefan

***DSTT Coder*** ***AP Destroyer***
Developer
Joined
Oct 8, 2009
Messages
922
Trophies
0
XP
1,163
Country
Antarctica
LOL, a valiant attempt I guess Bunie....but then again anyone can copy and paste something! So that's nowhere near understanding how extinfo works! And just so you know, you are missing 2 offsets in extinfo as more AP data has been found for Mario vs Donkey Kong MiniLand Mayhem (U)
ohmy.gif


Now, isn't it interesting that I can reply without slandering anyone!!!!
 

Bunie

#1 Princess
OP
Member
Joined
Aug 19, 2010
Messages
568
Trophies
0
Age
33
Location
Pleasureville, KY
XP
278
Country
United States
retrogamefan said:
LOL, a valiant attempt I guess Bunie....but then again anyone can copy and paste something! So that's nowhere near understanding how extinfo works! And just so you know, you are missing 2 offsets in extinfo as more AP data has been found for Mario vs Donkey Kong MiniLand Mayhem (U)
ohmy.gif


Now, isn't it interesting that I can reply without slandering anyone!!!!
You somewhat "slandered" me. However, i do understand extinfo now. and i can use an emulator to get the info i need to fix it. its like a permenent gameshark code from the ole' days Lol.

But~! i will admit im still lost on infolibs. im comparing your work and the hex of mario vs dk and i can find no relation as of yet. i heard you mention an offset before? do you mean its pushed over one, or do you mean 0E becomes 0F?
unsure.gif
You don't have to help me i suppose. but if your quiting then i suppose i need to "Take up arms" Lol.
 

Totoy_Kamote

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Oct 7, 2010
Messages
516
Trophies
0
Age
111
Location
Down Under Hate,KillandDESTROY
XP
113
Country
retrogamefan said:
LOL, a valiant attempt I guess Bunie....but then again anyone can copy and paste something! So that's nowhere near understanding how extinfo works! And just so you know, you are missing 2 offsets in extinfo as more AP data has been found for Mario vs Donkey Kong MiniLand Mayhem (U)
ohmy.gif


Now, isn't it interesting that I can reply without slandering anyone!!!!
oh your back.. hmmn..
you really are stoping from fixing .dat files?
unsure.gif
 

retrogamefan

***DSTT Coder*** ***AP Destroyer***
Developer
Joined
Oct 8, 2009
Messages
922
Trophies
0
XP
1,163
Country
Antarctica
Rydian said:
retrogamefan said:
but then again anyone can copy and paste something!Somebody's trying to help people and you deride them for it.

Way to be a jerk.


Wow, that was quick! And where was your posts in the same regrads to all those people that called me whatever over the past few weeks??? Obviously, my updates weren't helpful...

Bunie said:
You somewhat "slandered" me. However, i do understand extinfo now. and i can use an emulator to get the info i need to fix it. its like a permenent gameshark code from the ole' days Lol.

But~! i will admit im still lost on infolibs. im comparing your work and the hex of mario vs dk and i can find no relation as of yet. i heard you mention an offset before? do you mean its pushed over one, or do you mean 0E becomes 0F?
unsure.gif
You don't have to help me i suppose. but if your quiting then i suppose i need to "Take up arms" Lol.

Slander (noun) = a malicious, false, and defamatory statement or report...

QUOTE(rikardo03 @ Nov 26 2010, 06:29 PM)
oh your back.. hmmn..
you really are stoping from fixing .dat files?
unsure.gif

Yes, I have stopped...but people think that I haven't although after the many weeks and no updates, I am sure that they will see that I have
 

Totoy_Kamote

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Oct 7, 2010
Messages
516
Trophies
0
Age
111
Location
Down Under Hate,KillandDESTROY
XP
113
Country
retrogamefan said:
rikardo03 said:
oh your back.. hmmn..
you really are stoping from fixing .dat files?
unsure.gif

Yes, I have stopped...but people think that I haven't although after the many weeks and no updates, I am sure that they will see that I have
oh that's bad news..
sad.gif


we'll can you make a TuT here about fixing/updating .dat files? that would really help if your not making your updates anymore...
smile.gif
 

Bunie

#1 Princess
OP
Member
Joined
Aug 19, 2010
Messages
568
Trophies
0
Age
33
Location
Pleasureville, KY
XP
278
Country
United States
rikardo03 said:
oh that's bad news..
sad.gif


we'll can you make a TuT here about fixing/updating .dat files? that would really help if your not making your updates anymore...
smile.gif
Unfortunately I'm under the impression that Retro would prefer us to suffer without updates.
moogle.gif
I think that may be his point.

It seems i may need to purchase No$GBA, wich i am clearly never going to do, as its a peice of crap
tongue.gif
i will take a 2nd swing at it using iDeaS.
 

Etalon

Former Akaio Fanboy
Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2010
Messages
1,204
Trophies
0
Website
Visit site
XP
35
Country
Macau
Rydian said:
~Nevermind, just got updated on the history of the DSTT, you all have fun by yourselves, I'm not touching this bomb any further.

lol. What do you want to say? That we are a cult or something? Yes, we are. We are even more a cult than CycloDS.
moogle.gif
 

Totoy_Kamote

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Oct 7, 2010
Messages
516
Trophies
0
Age
111
Location
Down Under Hate,KillandDESTROY
XP
113
Country
Bunie said:
rikardo03 said:
oh that's bad news..
sad.gif


we'll can you make a TuT here about fixing/updating .dat files? that would really help if your not making your updates anymore...
smile.gif
Unfortunately I'm under the impression that Retro would prefer us to suffer without updates.
moogle.gif
I think that may be his point.
i don't want to jump into conclusions but it seems that he really want us to suffer without updates...
sad.gif
 

loloknight

Well-Known Member
Newcomer
Joined
Oct 10, 2008
Messages
72
Trophies
0
Location
Mexico
XP
93
Country
United States
Retro: Hope you reconsider and come back, if not, hope you could help bunnie to understand info.lib and such things to make fixes. Do not get angry with posts from people, since its their opinion only and its founded with nothing, you have your name with all the work you've made so far, and no bodies with even 1000 posts can call you what ever they like, they just want to be seen by the ppl, maybe even be remembered by all as the ones who made retro quit, dont give them the satisfaction. This is not written b'cuz of the above poster who said those things, this is in general terms of ppl moaning. Just chill man.

Bunie: Thanks for trying to fix thingies, i think dworhjan+you could make a good team, i think his "banning" thing was suspended, so maybe he'll come back to post 2morrow, see this thread and maybe you can team up ,^^.

Me: I have no idea on hex values so you have only my words of support, and my thanks. I know thts not much, since they are poorly written (grammar sense) but loaded with hope and good wishes ;].


HAIL DSTT
 

Bunie

#1 Princess
OP
Member
Joined
Aug 19, 2010
Messages
568
Trophies
0
Age
33
Location
Pleasureville, KY
XP
278
Country
United States
loloknight said:
Retro: Hope you reconsider and come back, if not, hope you could help bunnie to understand info.lib and such things to make fixes. Do not get angry with posts from people, since its their opinion only and its founded with nothing, you have your name with all the work you've made so far, and no bodies with even 1000 posts can call you what ever they like, they just want to be seen by the ppl, maybe even be remembered by all as the ones who made retro quit, dont give them the satisfaction. This is not written b'cuz of the above poster who said those things, this is in general terms of ppl moaning. Just chill man.

Bunie: Thanks for trying to fix thingies, i think dworhjan+you could make a good team, i think his "banning" thing was suspended, so maybe he'll come back to post 2morrow, see this thread and maybe you can team up ,^^.

Me: I have no idea on hex values so you have only my words of support, and my thanks. I know thts not much, since they are poorly written (grammar sense) but loaded with hope and good wishes ;].


HAIL DSTT
Don't thank me yet
wink.gif
. But I'm looking hard into all of this, and of ways to get infolib information. however with absolutly no documentation, I feel like a kid handed a wrench for a job that needs a screwdriver.
moogle.gif


As for working with someone, that'd be great! I beleive my current mistake is looking for matching info in a rom that wouldnt boot otherwise. I will look into mario karts infolibs when i wake up. I have a headache from all this.
unsure.gif


And Retro, feel free to help me out. i want to get Infolib down before i jump into extinfo, though it seems easy to get depending on the situation. Would likely be easier with one of those debugger tools so i can see whats different and such, but meh.
unsure.gif
If you want to call me a noob, That's fine, as of right now i am.
rolleyes.gif
type me up a small lesson and i will be very thankfull, as i have always been towards your contributions.
tongue.gif
 

DeltaBladeX

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Jul 20, 2009
Messages
334
Trophies
0
Age
38
XP
192
Country
New Zealand
While I'm sad that Retro has decided to stop creating updates, I honestly don't blame him if he chooses not to help you Bunie. You weren't exactly polite when mentioning him in posts not even 24 hours ago.
 

Bunie

#1 Princess
OP
Member
Joined
Aug 19, 2010
Messages
568
Trophies
0
Age
33
Location
Pleasureville, KY
XP
278
Country
United States
DeltaBladeX said:
While I'm sad that Retro has decided to stop creating updates, I honestly don't blame him if he chooses not to help you Bunie. You weren't exactly polite when mentioning him in posts not even 24 hours ago.
and i still dont like retro. though my anger was ment to lean more towards GBATemp then retro.

it is my opinion that retro made some pretty bad choices, and i dislike him for it. But i respect his ability to make fixes for the DSTT, and have always thanked him for them.
moogle.gif
 

DeltaBladeX

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Jul 20, 2009
Messages
334
Trophies
0
Age
38
XP
192
Country
New Zealand
Even so, thanking him when he released a file but badmouthing him the rest of the time isn't the way to make someone willing to help you. The fact there were several other posters here unwilling to use the manners their parents / caregivers should have taught them would have soured many people from wanting to help if they had to put up with it.

Anyway, if you really want to learn how to update files, the first place to start is to see how the DS plays the games and uses the memory. It isn't as easy as just popping in some numbers, you need to know why you are popping in the numbers. Play the games on PC with a debugger and see what happens when anti piracy kicks in. Learn about how the DS RAM works. It likely won't help unless you are really willing to put in the effort, but that knowledge will be needed if you are serious.
 
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "And what do you do for a living?" "I fondle giant danglies."
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "Big white milkers. Absolutely stonking great big knockers."
    +2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "Wash, oil and fondle. All day
    long."
    +2
  • K3N1 @ K3N1:
    Fondle your dong preserve your dong
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    chop it off
  • FAST6191 @ FAST6191:
    I thought it was fondle your dong, preserve your prostate but hey
    +1
  • K3N1 @ K3N1:
    We have doctors for prostate health
  • FAST6191 @ FAST6191:
    They will assess it and medicate as necessary but in all cases it is better to take action before it becomes a problem and to stave things off from becoming a problem in the first place
  • FAST6191 @ FAST6191:
    and if it is something as trivial as a fondle every month or so then it is not like they are asking you to eat right and exercise
  • K3N1 @ K3N1:
    Always get your doctor to poke your butthole at age 50 :teach:
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sounds like a bad 10 dollar rimjob
  • K3N1 @ K3N1:
    Most doctor visits are a couple hundred
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    that still does not guarantee a 100% cure
  • K3N1 @ K3N1:
    Not many cures for a bad dong either
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Guess my pops is to blame for that
  • FAST6191 @ FAST6191:
    ur mum presumably slept with him or failed to check if this was a turkey baster job, and there is also combinatory genetics at play
    +1
  • FAST6191 @ FAST6191:
    as far as doctor visits I live somewhere that has them for free
  • K3N1 @ K3N1:
    Sweet ps2 SSD upgrade went smooth
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    :blink: I woke up at night time
  • sombrerosonic @ sombrerosonic:
    i got home
  • K3N1 @ K3N1:
    I did nothing
    Alex_is_Free @ Alex_is_Free: 🤔