Hacking DSTT infolibs

bitonio6

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Vulpes Abnocto said:
well you ought to know, Bito. You've linked to the same site twice in two different brand new threads.
rolleyes.gif

Yes but i answer to him...

Posts merged______________(EDIT YOUR POSTS GUYS!)___________

QUOTE(mathyuowns @ Nov 27 2010, 01:40 AM) all the newer (E) games work i would say Black ops and higher
if you can find the release list... it will be great!

Bunie

#1 Princess
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I posted a message on the page, Theres no contact information for the person who makes this. I will check and see whats fixed, SSnauts, black ops, Pictionary.

(Why Pictionary? Its a recent (E) game, if it's fixed, then we may be good to go. ^^)

BDYP (CoD:BO) Is found in the Infolib.
TODAYS "Dr. Who" game is NOT found, However, this is a "no duh", as this update was ACTUALY released yesterday, as it is the 27th in Japan.
V2GE (Mario Vs. DK) Is found in the infolib.

VPIP (Pictionary) is NOT found in the infolib.

VS3V (The Sims 3) is found in the infolib.

It seems this firmware has less than the current RGF release, but its very close and likely to surpass it soon.
biggrin.gif

if anyone can find a method of contact to this person, we could find out if they fix (E) games or perhaps borrow from Retro.
i could also ask how infolibs are made, if needed.

valp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Quick off-topic:
Can anyone confirm if fake dstt's can't run 8 Gb Microsdhc cards?

I mean, DSTT's site says:

Q?Why SDHC unstable sometimes?
A?Because Window the format card with Fat32 and the defuault unit is 4K
Suggest User can try below operation: In Dos command type
4G card?format I:/fs:fat32 /a:32K enter?default 4K change 32K?
8G card?format I:/fs:fat32 /a:64K enter?default 4K change64K?
I: disk sign?if your disk sign is F, then change format F: 1G and 2G with Fat format

Should work here, but doesn't
ohmy.gif
~

Bunie

#1 Princess
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
valp said:
Quick off-topic:

I: disk sign?if your disk sign is F, then change format F: 1G and 2G with Fat format

ohmy.gif
~
i use an 8GB MicroSD Card in my DSTT. However it is horribly slow, this likely due to my MicroSD Card itself.

What worries me about the fixed games are that he may have just been borrowing from RGF, and only fixing the (J) Games himself. Only time will tell i suppose.

Etalon

Former Akaio Fanboy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Macau
mathyuowns said:
bitonio6 said:
mathyuowns said:
Some guy named Rev link Above^^ Is making Faster Patches then retro all the new games seem to work on his kernels.
But maybe game are mostly japanese, no?!

all the newer (E) games work i would say Black ops and higher

What? Are you sure about that? So they included all the european fixes into his fimware string? --

This firmware sting never cared about EUR / US releases in the past, that's why we are so carefull about that now...

@Bunie: With YSMenu, you shoun't have any problem with a 8 GB mSD. But don't put more than 12 games in a folder.

valp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Bunie said:
valp said:
Quick off-topic:

ohmy.gif
~
i use an 8GB MicroSD Card in my DSTT. However it is horribly slow, this likely due to my MicroSD Card itself.

What worries me about the fixed games are that he may have just been borrowing from RGF, and only fixing the (J) Games himself. Only time will tell i suppose.

Yeah, .SAV creation is superslow... but after that, I get some infinite loading...
frown.gif

Maybe it's because mine is a fake...

Bunie

#1 Princess
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Etalon said:
@Bunie: With YSMenu, you shoun't have any problem with a 8 GB mSD. But don't put more than 12 games in a folder.
Doesnt make a difference. Menu isnt slow, disk write is slow. creating a save takes 2 minutes, and booting a game thats not in the infolib takes 15 minutes.
you have however sparked my brain into one last idea to make infolibs Lol. (it wont work, nothing ever does for me xD. seriously, im bad luck. me buying a DSTT is likely what screwed us all xD)
moogle.gif

QUOTE(valp @ Nov 26 2010, 08:03 PM) Yeah, .SAV creation is superslow... but after that, I get some infinite loading...
frown.gif

Maybe it's because mine is a fake...
Nah mines like that. if you have the latest firmware, the infolibs will skip the eternal loading. if your firmware is outdated then loads can take like 20 minutes, i know your pain man Lol.

bitonio6

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Bunie said:
I posted a message on the page, Theres no contact information for the person who makes this. I will check and see whats fixed, SSnauts, black ops, Pictionary.

(Why Pictionary? Its a recent (E) game, if it's fixed, then we may be good to go. ^^)

TODAYS "Dr. Who" game is NOT found, However, this is a "no duh", as this update was ACTUALY released yesterday, as it is the 27th in Japan.

It seems this firmware has less than the current RGF release, but its very close and likely to surpass it soon.
biggrin.gif

if anyone can find a method of contact to this person, we could find out if they fix (E) games or perhaps borrow from Retro.

dont care about infolib... the most important is in the Extinfo.dat!!!

About "valp", it is a microSD quality access time speed problem!

Bunie

#1 Princess
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bitonio6 said:
dont care about infolib... the most important is in the Extinfo.dat!!!

If a game is in the infolib, then that means someone has put it there. the games listed wouldn't run without it.
rolleyes.gif

i'm more worried that this is retrogamefans work put into japanese libs. =/ if so then we still cant hope for updates

valp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
bitonio6 said:

I'm using latest infolib's, Bunie.
What do you mean with "microSD quality access time speed problem", bitonio?
Could it be it's a cheap MicroSDHC?
It seems pretty much to be a legit kingston, it loads old games fine in a R4 I have.
(Yet sav creating takes a long time in comparison with a cheap 2gb card I have in my DSTT).

Anyways, is there a way to fix this around to make actually load games in DSTT?
(Portrait of Ruin seemed to load, but it froze afterwards. Clubhouse and GTA load ad infinitum).

Edit: Actually, not infinite loading time... it takes 3-4 minutes for some games (even those covered by infolib)
While Dawn of Sorrow and Super Scribblenauts loaded lightning fast.

DarkShinigami

#1 strongest Shinigami BANKAI
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bunie said:

biggrin.gif

Is 999 in it?

retrogamefan

***DSTT Coder*** ***AP Destroyer***
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Rudolph and I combine each others fixes and his v58 was released before my v6.39, hence why the newer (E) & (U) games from 5336 - Super Robot Taisen L (J) onwards are not included in v58....

Since sooo many of you have questioned the fact that I can truly fix games, test 5131 - Samantha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena (U) and tell me you don't get errcode=-4...it's one of the old (U) games that hadn't been fixed in v6.39...

Bunie

#1 Princess
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
retrogamefan said:
Rudolph and I combine each others fixes and his v58 was released before my v6.39, hence why the newer (E) & (U) games from 5336 - Super Robot Taisen L (J) onwards are not included in v58....

Since sooo many of you have questioned the fact that I can truly fix games, test 5131 - Samantha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena (U) and tell me you don't get errcode=-4...it's one of the old (U) games that hadn't been fixed in v6.39...
Retro, Do not post here unless your willing to contribute.
moogle.gif
You could at least give us a short little tutorial on how you find your infolib data. i believe i can get extinfo with an emulator, though help with that would be nice as well.
ph34r.gif

if you are unwilling to help, then please, stop making everyone else out to be the bad guy, when you doomed us all
sleep.gif

retrogamefan

***DSTT Coder*** ***AP Destroyer***
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Bunie said:
moogle.gif

Hypocrisy at its finest
tongue.gif

Since when did you become mightier than thou????

Show me where in my only few posts I have made, that I have made anyone out to be the bad guy???

Amasing the attitude turn around....people are now only being civil because they want information out of me....false pretenses are not going to work, sorry.

I was going to give you the fix for 5131 but given your attitude, don't see why I should bother!

Bunie

#1 Princess
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
retrogamefan said:
Bunie said:
moogle.gif

Hypocrisy at its finest
tongue.gif

Since when did you become mightier than thou????

Amasing at the attitude turn around....people are now only being civil because they want information out of me....false pretenses are not going to work, sorry.

I was going to give you the fix for 5131 but given your attitude, don't see why I should bother!
What attitude? You come in here claiming we call you a fake. I don't call you a fake. if you were a fake i would not credit you for anything. maybe 3 out of 100 people call you a fake. is that enough reason to Doom us all? lol. We're here for fixes and that's what i want everyone to have. Since when was it more than that? If you have a fix or know how to fix games yourself (you do), Then help out your community. And i worded it that way because its a rule that applies to everyone.
lecture.gif
sharing what you know is the way to keep the DSTT Alive.

Vulpes Abnocto

Not Dead Yet
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey Bunie, we let you say what you wanted about retro.
I think it's only fair if we let him speak as well.

*just trying to keep things peaceful here*

Bunie

#1 Princess
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Vulpes Abnocto said:

I know. It just offends me that he of all people comes here with no purpose. This thread was made for fixing the DSTT, and he has and knows everything needed, yet withholds it. So it upsets me a bit, and should everyone else as well. The only purpose i see for him to come and comment here is "For the lawlz"

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Bunie said:
Vulpes Abnocto said:

I know. It just offends me that he of all people comes here with no purpose. This thread was made for fixing the DSTT, and he has and knows everything needed, yet withholds it. So it upsets me a bit, and should everyone else as well. The only purpose i see for him to come and comment here is "For the lawlz"

If you think about it, there's no reason why he SHOULD give you any information.

If he learned how to do it, then anybody can if they're dedicated enough. Hell, people don't even have to go to school to know how to crack things, Google is a wonderful library to get that information. If he can crack things, there's no reason why you shouldn't be able to pick up the skill yourself. That way, down the line, if there's ever a situation like this again, you can pick up the work and not worry about anything.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol