#1 Princess
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Xamus ace said:
Nice fix man
Thanks. Retro came up with the fix though, so he gets 99% of the credit. i just put it back together.
closedeyes.gif
im surprised no ones done it already. But im willing to learn new fixes if someone can teach me how to get infolib.

retrogamefan

***DSTT Coder*** ***AP Destroyer***
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
LOL, a valiant attempt I guess Bunie....but then again anyone can copy and paste something! So that's nowhere near understanding how extinfo works! And just so you know, you are missing 2 offsets in extinfo as more AP data has been found for Mario vs Donkey Kong MiniLand Mayhem (U)
ohmy.gif

Now, isn't it interesting that I can reply without slandering anyone!!!!

Bunie

#1 Princess
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
retrogamefan said:
LOL, a valiant attempt I guess Bunie....but then again anyone can copy and paste something! So that's nowhere near understanding how extinfo works! And just so you know, you are missing 2 offsets in extinfo as more AP data has been found for Mario vs Donkey Kong MiniLand Mayhem (U)
ohmy.gif

You somewhat "slandered" me. However, i do understand extinfo now. and i can use an emulator to get the info i need to fix it. its like a permenent gameshark code from the ole' days Lol.

But~! i will admit im still lost on infolibs. im comparing your work and the hex of mario vs dk and i can find no relation as of yet. i heard you mention an offset before? do you mean its pushed over one, or do you mean 0E becomes 0F?
unsure.gif
You don't have to help me i suppose. but if your quiting then i suppose i need to "Take up arms" Lol.

Totoy_Kamote

Trophies
XP
Country
retrogamefan said:
ohmy.gif

oh your back.. hmmn..
you really are stoping from fixing .dat files?
unsure.gif

retrogamefan

***DSTT Coder*** ***AP Destroyer***
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Rydian said:
retrogamefan said:
but then again anyone can copy and paste something!Somebody's trying to help people and you deride them for it.

Way to be a jerk.

Wow, that was quick! And where was your posts in the same regrads to all those people that called me whatever over the past few weeks??? Obviously, my updates weren't helpful...

Bunie said:
You somewhat "slandered" me. However, i do understand extinfo now. and i can use an emulator to get the info i need to fix it. its like a permenent gameshark code from the ole' days Lol.

But~! i will admit im still lost on infolibs. im comparing your work and the hex of mario vs dk and i can find no relation as of yet. i heard you mention an offset before? do you mean its pushed over one, or do you mean 0E becomes 0F?
unsure.gif
You don't have to help me i suppose. but if your quiting then i suppose i need to "Take up arms" Lol.

Slander (noun) = a malicious, false, and defamatory statement or report...

QUOTE(rikardo03 @ Nov 26 2010, 06:29 PM)
oh your back.. hmmn..
unsure.gif

Yes, I have stopped...but people think that I haven't although after the many weeks and no updates, I am sure that they will see that I have

Totoy_Kamote

Trophies
XP
Country
retrogamefan said:
rikardo03 said:
oh your back.. hmmn..
unsure.gif

Yes, I have stopped...but people think that I haven't although after the many weeks and no updates, I am sure that they will see that I have
oh that's bad news..
sad.gif

we'll can you make a TuT here about fixing/updating .dat files? that would really help if your not making your updates anymore...
smile.gif

Bunie

#1 Princess
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rikardo03 said:
oh that's bad news..
sad.gif

we'll can you make a TuT here about fixing/updating .dat files? that would really help if your not making your updates anymore...
smile.gif
Unfortunately I'm under the impression that Retro would prefer us to suffer without updates.
moogle.gif
I think that may be his point.

It seems i may need to purchase No$GBA, wich i am clearly never going to do, as its a peice of crap
tongue.gif
i will take a 2nd swing at it using iDeaS.

Etalon

Former Akaio Fanboy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Macau
Rydian said:
~Nevermind, just got updated on the history of the DSTT, you all have fun by yourselves, I'm not touching this bomb any further.

lol. What do you want to say? That we are a cult or something? Yes, we are. We are even more a cult than CycloDS.
moogle.gif

Totoy_Kamote

Trophies
XP
Country
Bunie said:
rikardo03 said:
oh that's bad news..
sad.gif

smile.gif
Unfortunately I'm under the impression that Retro would prefer us to suffer without updates.
moogle.gif
I think that may be his point.
i don't want to jump into conclusions but it seems that he really want us to suffer without updates...
sad.gif

loloknight

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Retro: Hope you reconsider and come back, if not, hope you could help bunnie to understand info.lib and such things to make fixes. Do not get angry with posts from people, since its their opinion only and its founded with nothing, you have your name with all the work you've made so far, and no bodies with even 1000 posts can call you what ever they like, they just want to be seen by the ppl, maybe even be remembered by all as the ones who made retro quit, dont give them the satisfaction. This is not written b'cuz of the above poster who said those things, this is in general terms of ppl moaning. Just chill man.

Bunie: Thanks for trying to fix thingies, i think dworhjan+you could make a good team, i think his "banning" thing was suspended, so maybe he'll come back to post 2morrow, see this thread and maybe you can team up ,^^.

Me: I have no idea on hex values so you have only my words of support, and my thanks. I know thts not much, since they are poorly written (grammar sense) but loaded with hope and good wishes ;].

HAIL DSTT

Bunie

#1 Princess
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
loloknight said:
Retro: Hope you reconsider and come back, if not, hope you could help bunnie to understand info.lib and such things to make fixes. Do not get angry with posts from people, since its their opinion only and its founded with nothing, you have your name with all the work you've made so far, and no bodies with even 1000 posts can call you what ever they like, they just want to be seen by the ppl, maybe even be remembered by all as the ones who made retro quit, dont give them the satisfaction. This is not written b'cuz of the above poster who said those things, this is in general terms of ppl moaning. Just chill man.

Bunie: Thanks for trying to fix thingies, i think dworhjan+you could make a good team, i think his "banning" thing was suspended, so maybe he'll come back to post 2morrow, see this thread and maybe you can team up ,^^.

Me: I have no idea on hex values so you have only my words of support, and my thanks. I know thts not much, since they are poorly written (grammar sense) but loaded with hope and good wishes ;].

HAIL DSTT
Don't thank me yet
wink.gif
. But I'm looking hard into all of this, and of ways to get infolib information. however with absolutly no documentation, I feel like a kid handed a wrench for a job that needs a screwdriver.
moogle.gif

As for working with someone, that'd be great! I beleive my current mistake is looking for matching info in a rom that wouldnt boot otherwise. I will look into mario karts infolibs when i wake up. I have a headache from all this.
unsure.gif

And Retro, feel free to help me out. i want to get Infolib down before i jump into extinfo, though it seems easy to get depending on the situation. Would likely be easier with one of those debugger tools so i can see whats different and such, but meh.
unsure.gif
If you want to call me a noob, That's fine, as of right now i am.
rolleyes.gif
type me up a small lesson and i will be very thankfull, as i have always been towards your contributions.
tongue.gif

DeltaBladeX

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
While I'm sad that Retro has decided to stop creating updates, I honestly don't blame him if he chooses not to help you Bunie. You weren't exactly polite when mentioning him in posts not even 24 hours ago.

Bunie

#1 Princess
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DeltaBladeX said:
While I'm sad that Retro has decided to stop creating updates, I honestly don't blame him if he chooses not to help you Bunie. You weren't exactly polite when mentioning him in posts not even 24 hours ago.
and i still dont like retro. though my anger was ment to lean more towards GBATemp then retro.

it is my opinion that retro made some pretty bad choices, and i dislike him for it. But i respect his ability to make fixes for the DSTT, and have always thanked him for them.
moogle.gif

DeltaBladeX

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Even so, thanking him when he released a file but badmouthing him the rest of the time isn't the way to make someone willing to help you. The fact there were several other posters here unwilling to use the manners their parents / caregivers should have taught them would have soured many people from wanting to help if they had to put up with it.

Anyway, if you really want to learn how to update files, the first place to start is to see how the DS plays the games and uses the memory. It isn't as easy as just popping in some numbers, you need to know why you are popping in the numbers. Play the games on PC with a debugger and see what happens when anti piracy kicks in. Learn about how the DS RAM works. It likely won't help unless you are really willing to put in the effort, but that knowledge will be needed if you are serious.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    I can't believe you got me with that
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I haven't been gaming for such a long time. Been mostly busy with sleep, hardware tinkering and checking GBAtemp frequently.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hope you've had a good morning.
    It's going alright thanks :) I know what you mean with gaming time. It's precious where I can get it these days.
    +1
    I think that's why I focus on just enjoying single player experiences that aren't too competitive
    How are you doing?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    There's also this thing where I'm hyperfocused at night and cannot get to sleep.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl: