Hacking DSiware gone in emuNAND, icons messed up (already reorganized icons)

Obi123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.nintendovn.com
XP
Country
Full story:
Ok, so I've got my new GW. Then

1. I formatted my 9.2 SystemNAND to SD partion
2. Downgrade 9.2 SystemNAND to 4.2
3. Boot into GW mode and enjoy the 9.2 emuNAND formatted before

But the problem is:

Icons got messed up across screen every time I go from Sys > Emu or Emu > Sys. But they stay the same if I restart 3DS from sys (basically from sys to sys).

- I already checked if anything's place is overtaken.
- Organized the dashboard in systemNAND, takenotes, get back into emuNAND, reorganized with the same order as noted. Still no DSiwares, things are in place now, exept GBA games in my GBA folder. They pop out all over the screen

Plot twist: I'm using emunand 9.2 (4.2 SystemNAND). The two dashboards are almost identical, except for no DSiware (of course, thanks Thomas12345) in SystemNAND. I literally copied "icon order" one to another. GBA/GBC/GB still pop out.

One more thing: Can you get Pokemon Crystal vc (.cia) installed and plays fine? 'Cause I got 2, both cia pkm crystall, one refused to install at 98%, 1 gave error with blackscreen (An error has occurred...)

Thomas12345

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah, DSiwares don't run in Emunand. I'm gonna copy them from emuNAND to SD and then from SD back to systemNAND

Oh I was refering to making a backup of your sysnand using the GW boot menu, to get the NAND.BIN file. Then you can restore it using "Downgrade" + hold up arrow on the boot menu. But you can also try copying from emunand first

Reactions: Obi123

Jackall4BDN

Haunter of Daydreams and Nightmares
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
That's sad :( I've got like around 10 DSi games :(

EDIT: They WORKED!!!

2 Things, first, how did you get it to work, i couldn´t copy them over to sysNAND, either
second, if such a thing would be possible (and sry if i miss something totally obvious here), couldn´t we (or "the groups") just backup DSiWare and release them the same way as cartridge- and eshop-backups, making them downloadable by anyone, being installed by devmenu, THEN copied over to sysnand and then working in there.

I mean i could think of some reason why that wouldn´t work like them ending up not being launchable in sysNAND afterwards or the fact that someone actually acomplished to copy them from emu- to sysNAND being total BS,
but i would just LOVE to be corrected, even if it just where for the Art-Style Games

Obi123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.nintendovn.com
XP
Country
2 Things, first, how did you get it to work, i couldn´t copy them over to sysNAND, either
second, if such a thing would be possible (and sry if i miss something totally obvious here), couldn´t we (or "the groups") just backup DSiWare and release them the same way as cartridge- and eshop-backups, making them downloadable by anyone, being installed by devmenu, THEN copied over to sysnand and then working in there.

I mean i could think of some reason why that wouldn´t work like them ending up not being launchable in sysNAND afterwards or the fact that someone actually acomplished to copy them from emu- to sysNAND being total BS,
but i would just LOVE to be corrected, even if it just where for the Art-Style Games

It is just copy-work, literally. I just downgraded from 9.2 > 4.2, then go into 9.2 menunand>settings>Data Management>DSiWare, then copy them all, one by one to SD card. (noted that both of my sys and emu NANDs are linked since I didn't do any system format. Then get back to systemNAND, do the same thing (copy them bacs, one by one. And wala!!! They run perfectly fine! Idk if the work I've done has any special detail inside the device that I wouldn't know, but it was all that Ive done.

I don't think that I've seen any one talked about playing DSi games on GW or any other cards, even CFW on 3DS, or DSi. But hey, look up for some Cyclods iEvolution.

Jackall4BDN

Haunter of Daydreams and Nightmares
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
It is just copy-work, literally. I just downgraded from 9.2 > 4.2, then go into 9.2 menunand>settings>Data Management>DSiWare, then copy them all, one by one to SD card. (noted that both of my sys and emu NANDs are linked since I didn't do any system format. Then get back to systemNAND, do the same thing (copy them bacs, one by one. And wala!!! They run perfectly fine! Idk if the work I've done has any special detail inside the device that I wouldn't know, but it was all that Ive done.
I suppose there is no way for me then, since i initially made the mistake of buying them in emuNand and i´d rather not want to update my sysNAND just to make them redownloadable and working, not to mention not being able to redownload them without leaving "Gateways borders"

EDIT: And before anyone suggests it, Hardware-Mod to reflash my 4.5-Backup is no option for me

I don't think that I've seen any one talked about playing DSi games on GW or any other cards, even CFW on 3DS, or DSi. But hey, look up for some Cyclods iEvolution.

yeah, i thought of it just today out of the random and was asking myself why the question never appeared here given the fact that it feels painfully obvious right now and i´d have seen much dumber questions, here, in case it would be obviously impossible

Also, is CycloDS iEvolution actually running DSiWare on 3ds? as i allways thought that it either would only work on DSi (which i don´t own) or not at all and be a scam

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-