Hacking Already using CFW on sysNAND - best method to setup emuNAND?

riggs

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I've been using PastaCFW for the last couple of weeks with no problems, but it's looking like emuNAND is the way to go. It sounds safer than sysNAND and has the added bonus of being able to accept FW updates (with limitations).

My question is how do I go about setting up an emuNAND on a N3DS 9.0.0 that's already got a shed-ton of stuff installed in sysNAND (CIA's, apps etc)? From what I've read it sounds as though I need to;
Back up the SD
"Install" the GW CubicNinja exploit
Set up the emuNAND through GW
Restore the contents of the SD
Copy Reinand to SD
"Install" Ninjhax
Unlink sys/emu NANDs (ie, format system with SD removed)

Is there anything I've missed or need to take into account? I'm looking to retain all my save data (inc, Mii Plaza) if possible. Is it ok creating an emuNAND from a non-clean sysNAND?

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've been using PastaCFW for the last couple of weeks with no problems, but it's looking like emuNAND is the way to go. It sounds safer than sysNAND and has the added bonus of being able to accept FW updates (with limitations).

My question is how do I go about setting up an emuNAND on a N3DS 9.0.0 that's already got a shed-ton of stuff installed in sysNAND (CIA's, apps etc)? From what I've read it sounds as though I need to;
Back up the SD
"Install" the GW CubicNinja exploit
Set up the emuNAND through GW
Restore the contents of the SD
Copy Reinand to SD
"Install" Ninjhax
Unlink sys/emu NANDs (ie, format system with SD removed)

Is there anything I've missed or need to take into account? I'm looking to retain all my save data (inc, Mii Plaza) if possible. Is it ok creating an emuNAND from a non-clean sysNAND?
Looks right to me. "creating an emuNAND from a non-clean sysNAND" is fine, and is the only way you're going to be able keep all your save data and such.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    haddad @ haddad: anyone online can help me with my new 2ds xl please...