Dtomaso

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hey

I just wonder if anyone konw or can confirm if a dsi XL upper screen and a ds lite upper screen have the same ribbon cable connector?
Same number of pins.

And if the dsi XL upper screen is possible to connect to a ds lite and it will work?

Dtomas

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
If you mean the entire top shell cable (including audio and backlight) - I'm not too sure (I counted 43 pins on the DSi XL I conveniently have for parts, and gbatek counted 45 on a Lite - that's of course without even getting into matters like the actual pinout!)

Dtomaso

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
If you mean the entire top shell cable (including audio and backlight) - I'm not too sure (I counted 43 pins on the DSi XL I conveniently have for parts, and gbatek counted 45 on a Lite - that's of course without even getting into matters like the actual pinout!)

Sounds like the dream of extreme modding an xl screen onto an DS lite for GBA big screen playing is not possible

Maby there is possible to make a convertion somehow from 43 to 45 pin, but whom to ask for such job?

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
GBA big screen playing
it's called gamecube + gbplayer + projector + your neighbor's house wall :P

First the DSi XL pinout must be determined, there's no alternative
Then the actual LCD datasheets (that may or may not be available) need to be compared to check if they are compatible in terms of signaling protocol (in other words, would a DS Lite capture card fit a DSi XL with a "simple" redesign?)
If the answer is yes, a simple mechanical adapter can be done (think of the GBA 32 vs 40 pin models)... getting it made for a reasonable price will be another question
If the answer is no... an actual, possibly custom, converter will be needed (and that puts it in the "almost impossible" category...)

Amez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The DSi XL top screen ribbon is about 3mm wider than a DS Lite top screen ribbon, it won't fit into the connector on the DS Lite motherboard.

Reactions: Ryccardo

Dtomaso

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
it's called gamecube + gbplayer + projector + your neighbor's house wall :P

First the DSi XL pinout must be determined, there's no alternative
Then the actual LCD datasheets (that may or may not be available) need to be compared to check if they are compatible in terms of signaling protocol (in other words, would a DS Lite capture card fit a DSi XL with a "simple" redesign?)
If the answer is yes, a simple mechanical adapter can be done (think of the GBA 32 vs 40 pin models)... getting it made for a reasonable price will be another question
If the answer is no... an actual, possibly custom, converter will be needed (and that puts it in the "almost impossible" category...)

Haha, but I just want to relax privately in the coach without disturbing anyone

Otherwise I have plenty options with big screens, but not the same

Think I will just forget about this type of mod since it it way above my knowledge about electronics

But also I don't want to emulate the games, I want to collect and use the nkntendo cassettes

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

The DSi XL top screen ribbon is about 3mm wider than a DS Lite top screen ribbon, it won't fit into the connector on the DS Lite motherboard.

Thanks for checking this for me

Bayou

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like the dream of extreme modding an xl screen onto an DS lite for GBA big screen playing is not possible

Maby there is possible to make a convertion somehow from 43 to 45 pin, but whom to ask for such job?
Hey, I saw someone did it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: @HiradeGirl, https://a.co/d/6oECWAh