Homebrew DSi Homebrew Menu directly on your Home Menu!

realWinterMute

Trophies
XP
Country
This build of powder works fine from Sudokuhax on DSi - misplaced my Sudokuhaxxed 3DS atm but there's no reason why it shouldn't work.

Pretty much all DS homebrew should work fine in DSi mode if it's compiled with the latest tools & libraries - if that's actually possible, unfortunately there were some things that will need a complete rewrite.

Attachments

• powder.7z
    453.3 KB · Views: 238

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
This build of powder works fine from Sudokuhax on DSi - misplaced my Sudokuhaxxed 3DS atm but there's no reason why it shouldn't work.

Pretty much all DS homebrew should work fine in DSi mode if it's compiled with the latest tools & libraries - if that's actually possible, unfortunately there were some things that will need a complete rewrite.
"Works fine"... including DLDI?

AtlasFontaine

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
If you use the DLDI patch from earlier in the page, it does work

Edit: anyway, it does seem that using the touchscreen is completely broken for anything launched through the cia of the homebrew launcher
So, if I patch NeoDS with the DLDI patch it will work?

Last edited by AtlasFontaine,

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
I DLDI patched halo ds and it didn't initionalize... :( what does work? I really want halo ds and an ocarina app to work on my n3ds... is there a way to DLDI patch my boot.nds and have it be able to work? that way seems unrealistic... :glare:
Ocarina app shouldn't need any DLDI. DLDI is just for reading and writing extra files.

EDIT: Trying to compile ahezard's nds_hb_menu fork on my own, since his releases haven't updated with the newly recompiled default.elf for SD support. Running into an issue where it can't find ds_arm7_ram.specs, and moving said file to obvious locations did nothing. Anyone having better luck, or can share an updated build? (Or bootstrap, since I only care about a single homebrew.)

Last edited by Fishaman P,

witheld

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ocarina app shouldn't need any DLDI. DLDI is just for reading and writing extra files.

EDIT: Trying to compile ahezard's nds_hb_menu fork on my own, since his releases haven't updated with the newly recompiled default.elf for SD support. Running into an issue where it can't find ds_arm7_ram.specs, and moving said file to obvious locations did nothing. Anyone having better luck, or can share an updated build? (Or bootstrap, since I only care about a single homebrew.)
You can't do that, you need his modified ARM7 or it can't boot as a CIA file

witheld

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So uh, further investigation. Even if I make my own DS homebrew into a CIA file instead of launching it with hb menu through this...the touch screen still doesn't work. Shit's broke yo.

Also at least with POWDER it gets stuck on a black screen if the system sleeps

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
You can't do that, you need his modified ARM7 or it can't boot as a CIA file
Is it not the same one included in the repository?

EDIT: Thought I had everything sorted out, booted latest rxTools nightly, and installed nds-hb-menu-dsi.cia to NAND. Get that damn "an error has occurred."
Do I need to install the patched TWL_FIRM to NAND, even though I'm using the latest rxTools?

Last edited by Fishaman P,

witheld

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it not the same one included in the repository?

EDIT: Thought I had everything sorted out, booted latest rxTools nightly, and installed nds-hb-menu-dsi.cia to NAND. Get that damn "an error has occurred."
Do I need to install the patched TWL_FIRM to NAND, even though I'm using the latest rxTools?
did you try to patch it manually? Read the make_cia script, the patcher is a little unintuitive.

Also here's a CIA of powder with saves working

Attachments

• powder-dsi.7z
    453.7 KB · Views: 150
  • powder-dsi.7z
    453.7 KB · Views: 119
Reactions: Fishaman P

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
did you try to patch it manually? Read the make_cia script, the patcher is a little unintuitive.

Also here's a CIA of powder with saves working
Trying that CIA, still getting "An error has occurred" after what appears to be a reboot (firmlaunch?)
Is launching it from latest rxTools emuNAND not enough?

witheld

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trying that CIA, still getting "An error has occurred" after what appears to be a reboot (firmlaunch?)
Is launching it from latest rxTools emuNAND not enough?
You....have to have the modified TWL_FIRM installed on sysnand and emunand and install the cia files to sysnand and emunand

Reactions: Fishaman P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    Welp.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Wasn't me
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Got around to playing A way out is pretty fun coop game to kill time
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me and a buddy used to play that, is pretty fun. Graphics were pretty good also at that time, I think what 5-6 years ago. --Edit yea was 2018
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Surprised they never made a second one.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It takes two was their newest different theme
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I didn't care for that one so much, but didn't play it much either.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just played little of "Still Wakes The Deep" , just came to gamepass today, its alright, kinda creepy. I'm not usually a horror game fan, but it looks really good graphic wise, esp w 4k. I admit it made me jump a few times.
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    Anyone here using the 3DS?
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    do u have pretendo?
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    whats ur code?
  • B @ btjunior:
    i dont have pretendo sorry
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    oh ok
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    well if ur console isnt modded i suggest u to mod it
  • B @ btjunior:
    also, just curius, does the freinds app still work after the shutdown?
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    yes
  • B @ btjunior:
    nice
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    but u cant play online games anymore :(
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    i miss going in other peoples town
  • B @ btjunior:
    yeah
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    i have a friend named Pineapple (@pineappleJuice hi). we played a lot the day b4 the server shutdown
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I preten to know doe
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @LNLenost how well is the pretendo servers, you ever get kicked off games when playing online?
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: @LNLenost how well is the pretendo servers, you ever get kicked off games when playing online?