Homebrew [DS(i)/3DS] TWiLight Menu++ - GUI for DS(i) games, and DS(i) Menu replacement

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey @Robz8 ,

Is there any way to prevent the audio to cracle in Layton games with bootstrap?
Nope, there isn't.
Also, I installed Bootstrap and Twilight Menu. Both apps have settings for overclocking and higher audio frequency and stuff. Which settings are the important ones if I play via bootstrap?
Overclocking, for most games.
Do the twilight ones override the other ones?
The forwarders use the last-used settings set by TWiLight Menu++.
Also, is there a way to show the dsi screen (or a white screen) instead of the bootstrap logo when loading a game (via 3ds forwarder)? Thanks a bunch in advance!
Nope, there isn't.

Instandhaltung

I feel it. I feel the cosmos!
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Nope, there isn't.

Overclocking, for most games.

The forwarders use the last-used settings set by TWiLight Menu++.

Nope, there isn't.

Thank you very much, again! Oh, one more thing, I tried to play Mario kart, but the top screen became white (whole 3ds Screen, Not 4:3 Part) and the game didn't start. Certain this is user error, but I don't know why. Do you have an idea? I deleted the wide-screen patch cause I thought it might be related to that, although I disabled wide-screen in the options, so that wasn't the culprit.

Last edited by Instandhaltung,

Braisho

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
hello @Robz8 i've followed your guide for the flashcard, but when i launch the r4i, it says that it doesn't have a menù or something like that

my r4i-sdhc
+ a video of the error

what to do?

Attachments

• photo_2020-05-21_12-34-15.jpg
    photo_2020-05-21_12-34-15.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 126
Last edited by Braisho,

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hello @Robz8 i've followed your guide for the flashcard, but when i launch the r4i, it says that it doesn't have a menù or something like that

my r4i-sdhc
+ a video of the error

what to do?

Try adding the autoboot files?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Thank you very much, again! Oh, one more thing, I tried to play Mario kart, but the top screen became white (whole 3ds Screen, Not 4:3 Part) and the game didn't start. Certain this is user error, but I don't know why. Do you have an idea? I deleted the wide-screen patch cause I thought it might be related to that, although I disabled wide-screen in the options, so that wasn't the culprit.
Sounds like either a corrupt ROM, or some cheats (if enabled) might've broken the game.

Munandar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Have YSMenu start on boot first.
Also, DSiMenu++ is a prior name to TWiLight Menu++.
Are you on an old version, or the latest version?

Yes, hiyaCFW is no longer needed to run DS ROMs.
Well, I formatted my SD Card and put only TwilightMenu on it without HiyaCFW, boot directly from Unlaunch and everything seems work fine until I try to enter TwilightMenu Settings, every time I do that I get a white screen..

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I formatted my SD Card and put only TwilightMenu on it without HiyaCFW, boot directly from Unlaunch and everything seems work fine until I try to enter TwilightMenu Settings, every time I do that I get a white screen..
Put this in "sd:/_nds/TWiLightMenu/settings.ini":
Code:
SHOW_SELECT_MENU = 1
Replace the existing SHOW_SELECT_MENU instance, if found.

Last edited by RocketRobz,
Reactions: Alexander1970

tmnr1992

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have YSMenu start on boot first.
Also, DSiMenu++ is a prior name to TWiLight Menu++.
Are you on an old version, or the latest version?

Yes, I got the name wrong but I have thelatest version released around 5 days ago. One of the games that doesn't work with TWilightmenu++ is aliens infestation but it works fine with ysmenu, but all my games are trimmed so maybe that could be a cause as well?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I got the name wrong but I have thelatest version released around 5 days ago. One of the games that doesn't work with TWilightmenu++ is aliens infestation but it works fine with ysmenu, but all my games are trimmed so maybe that could be a cause as well?
nds-bootstrap, or B4DS in your case, is the one that runs games, not TWiLight Menu++.
While nds-bootstrap works with almost all games, B4DS doesn't work with some of them, so it's not an issue with your ROMs.

tmnr1992

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nds-bootstrap, or B4DS in your case, is the one that runs games, not TWiLight Menu++.
While nds-bootstrap works with almost all games, B4DS doesn't work with some of them, so it's not an issue with your ROMs.

Ohhhh I see, I understand now, thanks for the quick reply. So I'm better off running the games directly from my 3ds' SD card I guess. The only thing that worries me is having to install a cia file to run the games that way. which I would assume gets registered in the console's log and puts me at risk of getting banned, but I'm not sure how high that risk actually is nowadays.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ohhhh I see, I understand now, thanks for the quick reply. So I'm better off running the games directly from my 3ds' SD card I guess. The only thing that worries me is having to install a cia file to run the games that way. which I would assume gets registered in the console's log and puts me at risk of getting banned, but I'm not sure how high that risk actually is nowadays.
There is no risk.
I've never gotten a ban on my side.

FanNintendo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having trouble running NeoDS from SD using Twilight Menu on my DSi XL. I've posted my problem here before, but I was redirected to this thread. Someone in the thread I just linked claimed it's possible, but whenever I try to run NeoDS, the menu lists my roms perfectly, but when I launch one, it gets stuck on "Loading banks into main RAM..." with a white screen at the top. There is one exception, which is the NeoGeo BIOS itself, which instead gets stuck on "No rom banks..."

As far as troubleshooting goes, I have tried both Twinkle Star Sprites and Pulstar. I am 100% sure my TSS rom works, as I've run it in MAME previously, when it was still in .zip format. Both roms are in .neo format, and I have stored them in both the root of my SD card and a folder titled "neods," since some NeoDS versions I have tried allow you to store your roms in a folder. Building off of that point, I have tried 4 versons of NeoDS: NeoDS 2.0 (the one labeled simply NeoDS), NeoDS 2.1, NeoDS 2.1b, and NeoDSEZ, a port for EZFlash 3 in 1s. I followed all directions in the ReadMe files of NeoDS 2.1 and 2.1b. My issue is independent of NeoDS versions, as each version produces the same result.

I have tried two ramdisks on NeoDS 2.0, one being 12 MB and the other being 28, but whenever I choose a ramdisk, no roms are shown in the menu, even though the menu shows roms when using no ramdisks.

I have attached a photo of the original issue, using NeoDS 2.1b and playing Twinkle Star Sprites.

wRVlb52.jpg
you sure have the neods roms correct? I read that has to do some work convert from neo geo to ds rom

uibu-torashu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yo, I need some help, I’m trying to play Kirby’s Dream Land 3 for the snes on it but it has a white screen, no crashes, just a white screen. This also happened with Super Mario RPG. In total, I only have 6 roms in it. 4 DS roms and 2 snes roms, all of my DS games run perfectly, Any help?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yo, I need some help, I’m trying to play Kirby’s Dream Land 3 for the snes on it but it has a white screen, no crashes, just a white screen. This also happened with Super Mario RPG. In total, I only have 6 roms in it. 4 DS roms and 2 snes roms, all of my DS games run perfectly, Any help?
Those games are not compatible, as they use chips which aren't emulated by SNEmulDS.

uibu-torashu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any knowledge on the possibility of them coming to the emulator?

Those games are not compatible, as they use chips which aren't emulated by SNEmulDS.
Any knowledge on the possibility of them coming to the emulator?

JoeMama45

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm running the Memory Pit exploit on my DSi XL, and I can't seem to access either SNEmulDS (FS Initialization failed) or GBARunner2 (Purple bar on top of touchscreen, no responsiveness). Sorry if you've answered this a lot before, but is there any way that I can fix these?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm running the Memory Pit exploit on my DSi XL, and I can't seem to access either SNEmulDS (FS Initialization failed) or GBARunner2 (Purple bar on top of touchscreen, no responsiveness). Sorry if you've answered this a lot before, but is there any way that I can fix these?
You need to install Unlaunch.

Reactions: Tarmfot and banjo2

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Good.