Homebrew [DS(i)/3DS] TWiLight Menu++ - GUI for DS(i) games, and DS(i) Menu replacement

wad11656

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Robz8
Attached are new patches for Okamiden (BOO/E/J/P), given the current ones aren't working...I have tested. Drawing a circle for the sun can be finicky. You must draw a complete circle in 1 attempt.

Regards,
Retro

Thank you !! :bow:

Funny,I have tried it many Times with your Patches (over 20 Minutes).
.....and it simply does not work....:sad:

Then I want to make a Video for you and.....it worked on the second Try,the first Time.:D

Yes,it IS very tricky,no Question.:)

Thank you.:)

I can also confirm that retrogamefan's new BOOE apfix patch file did not solve the brush issue (at least for the US version), unfortunately

Last edited by wad11656,

rivelio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Try deleting "settings.ini" at "fat:/_nds/TWiLightMenu/".
woah that was weird, I redid the whole installation just in case, executed boot.nds (white screen) so the ini file was created, I deleted it with the ds' file explorer and then ran boot.nds again, it actually worked! I was in the menu, I started scrolling to the right and 4 seconds later it all froze (I swear I just pressed the right arrow haha) so I tried to do it again (deleting the ini file as you said) and running boot.nds but now it cuts to white just like before regardless of the ini file._.

I know this has no solution at this point but it was worth sharing because it was all so weird! (works for 4 seconds then never again) and thanks for the quick reply before, if you can actually figure out what's causing this I think I'm gonna start a Robz8 religion XD

Reactions: Alexander1970

wad11656

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
woah that was weird, I redid the whole installation just in case, executed boot.nds (white screen) so the ini file was created, I deleted it with the ds' file explorer and then ran boot.nds again, it actually worked! I was in the menu, I started scrolling to the right and 4 seconds later it all froze (I swear I just pressed the right arrow haha) so I tried to do it again (deleting the ini file as you said) and running boot.nds but now it cuts to white just like before regardless of the ini file._.

I know this has no solution at this point but it was worth sharing because it was all so weird! (works for 4 seconds then never again) and thanks for the quick reply before, if you can actually figure out what's causing this I think I'm gonna start a Robz8 religion XD

It probably won't help but when I did my TWiLight Menu++ installs, both times I had to wait on a blank white screen for a REALLY long time until anything happened. I kept being tempted to turn the system off/press buttons because there was no indication it was working, but it worked after I waited it out. Have you tried a fresh install and let your system sit for ~5+ minutes on the white screen after your first TWM launch? (I also had a lot of DS roms it had to load)

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
I can also confirm that retrogamefan's new BOOE apfix patch file did not solve the brush issue (at least for the US version), unfortunately

I think I "got" it.:)

The Sun appears not in the Middle so you have to draw it here:

P1360767.JPG P1360768.JPG P1360769.JPG

I did it now 4 Times in a Row.:)

Good luck

Reactions: banjo2 and BaamAlex

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Nice! Does the same thing happen without the updated patch?
I will try it for you.:)

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Nice! Does the same thing happen without the updated patch?

I "removed" the Patch,it tells me on the Start "It needs an AP Patch" but booted without Issues.
Yes,it needed a few Tries but it also works.
I deleted the incomplete Circle with "B" and drawed it 3-4 Times until it works.

EDIT: It works on the US/EU/JP Version without the AP Patch.

It IS still a tricky "Spot".:D

Last edited by Alexander1970,

wad11656

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I will try it for you.:)

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I "removed" the Patch,it tells me on the Start "It needs an AP Patch" but booted without Issues.
Yes,it needed a few Tries but it also works.
I deleted the incomplete Circle with "B" and drawed it 3-4 Times until it works.

EDIT: It works on the US/EU/JP Version without the AP Patch.

It IS still a tricky "Spot".:D

Yes I can get it too after a few tries, but let's not detract from the fact that there's a bug that needs to be fixed. lol. It shouldn't require "luck" or drawing in a very specific spot. I might as well play a bit more through the game to see if the bug is always there. (If the bug only exists on that very first part, then the bug doesn't really matter anyway lol)

EDIT: Yeah, the bug still occurs when you open the canvas+brush after the sun tutorial too

Last edited by wad11656,

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Yes I can get it too after a few tries, but let's not detract from the fact that there's a bug that needs to be fixed. lol. It shouldn't require "luck" or drawing in a very specific spot. I might as well play a bit more through the game to see if the bug is always there

Yes,of course.:)
I wonder why the Game(s) works without AP Patch...

Reactions: BaamAlex

wad11656

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by wad11656,

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
It might be for the power slash technique (I found this nds-bootstrap issue on google yesterday):
https://github.com/ahezard/nds-bootstrap/issues/356

Here's a demo on a working cart (can draw sun anywhere):

Ah,good Point,I did not tried in on the New3DS.:D

EDIT:
The Same on the 3DS,it seems it is the "Drawing" alone.

I tried it on different Spots on the Screen and it also works...
What is that again for a strange "Issue" ..? :wacko::D

Last edited by Alexander1970,

Lucca_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I did the widescreen patch just because I wanted to take a look. Now I want to go back to 4:3 but I'm unable to, it just stays at 16:10.
I've tried updating TWLMenu++ and NDS Bootstrap, tried deleting Widescreen.cxi and also tried deleting the "widescreen" folder in the _nds folder, but I'm stuck at 16:10. Even launching NDS apps gets me a 16:10 picture now. How can I get it back to normal?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did the widescreen patch just because I wanted to take a look. Now I want to go back to 4:3 but I'm unable to, it just stays at 16:10.
I've tried updating TWLMenu++ and NDS Bootstrap, tried deleting Widescreen.cxi and also tried deleting the "widescreen" folder in the _nds folder, but I'm stuck at 16:10. Even launching NDS apps gets me a 16:10 picture now. How can I get it back to normal?
Delete "TwlBg.cxi" at "sd:/luma/sysmodules/", and try deleting the TWLMenu++ titles in FBI title list, and then re-install the CIAs.

Reactions: Lucca_

lookshaf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I made some progress on my widescreen troubles. After updating Luma3ds, widescreen works great for most games now, including Mario 64 and Pokemon SoulSilver! Unsure if the update was related or if it was something else but I’m just happy it’s working.

For some reason though whenever I launch Pokemon White Version 2 or Pokemon Black (from cartridges) they just sit on a white screen and don’t do anything. They work fine when widescreen is off, it’s only when the setting is on that I have this problem. Is there something about those games where I need to change a setting? Should I reinstall twilight menu?

Thanks so much for any help!

Reactions: banjo2 and wad11656

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I made some progress on my widescreen troubles. After updating Luma3ds, widescreen works great for most games now, including Mario 64 and Pokemon SoulSilver! Unsure if the update was related or if it was something else but I’m just happy it’s working.

For some reason though whenever I launch Pokemon White Version 2 or Pokemon Black (from cartridges) they just sit on a white screen and don’t do anything. They work fine when widescreen is off, it’s only when the setting is on that I have this problem. Is there something about those games where I need to change a setting? Should I reinstall twilight menu?

Thanks so much for any help!
I have no idea why this happens, actually.

Reactions: lookshaf

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    20 some years later crash bandicoot still pisses me off
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have you jail broke your ps4 yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been on since 9.0
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Are you gonna do your ps5 if the hack comes? Is there worries of bans, like the ps3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably not I got cross play friends
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they risk getting flagged or banned, altho spouting profanity in online play alredy does that
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Anyone dumb enough to get banned for spouting profanity deserves it.
    +1
  • Y @ YuseiFD:
    Then how come you do it and don't get banned ? or is it a question of getting caught doing it ?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wtf is the point of banning swearing in games? that's utterly a dumb decision

the new generation playing MWII won't be as hardened as the previous one playing original MW2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of video games? Kids playing video games won't be as hardened as the previous ones getting shoved down a hillside.
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    exactly my point
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    kids, yall are fucking pussies, grow some asshair before you even dare touch My Friend Peppa Pig or Mario's Early Years
    +1
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    ddddddddddddddddddddddd
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my fingie hurt
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    Why?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    hangnail thing I think
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ... that's rough buddy
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    peepee
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: peepee