Homebrew [DS(i)/3DS] TWiLight Menu++ - GUI for DS(i) games, and DS(i) Menu replacement

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so quick question what does the screen scaling do in the latest nightly i change it but i dont notice anything related to screen size
Do the 1.5x part in this page, and save the new .cxi file as "screenScale_1.5.cxi" in "sd:/_nds/TWiLightMenu/twlBg".
Make sure sysmodule loading is enabled in Luma configs before proceeding.

XeSanti

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
I solved it, I forgot to copy the file BOOT.NDS to the root of the sd

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Excuse so many questions, is it possible to change the boot of ds when loading the twlight? when the start comes out nintendo dsi and I had it before as nintendo ds and the screen below said the health and safety message now tells me touch the screen to continue, how can I put it as before? I do not get any option to change those options

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I solved it, I forgot to copy the file BOOT.NDS to the root of the sd

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Excuse so many questions, is it possible to change the boot of ds when loading the twlight? when the start comes out nintendo dsi and I had it before as nintendo ds and the screen below said the health and safety message now tells me touch the screen to continue, how can I put it as before? I do not get any option to change those options
You can't. TWLMenu++ only contains the DSi boot screen.
Since the launcher is now an updater, you can no longer show the DS boot screen.

makination

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks a lot for the answer!

I've tried the NES emulator and I don't like it, make a good screen display only on the top screen it's impossible for me. Image looks stretched or compressed. Any suggestions?

Enviado desde mi SM-J730F mediante Tapatalk
Anybody?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks a lot for the answer!

I've tried the NES emulator and I don't like it, make a good screen display only on the top screen it's impossible for me. Image looks stretched or compressed. Any suggestions?

That's normal. The NES screen resolution is higher than the DS one, so it's compressed to fit the DS resolution.

Vizsla

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Hi there - first post here, and am a total noob. I homebrewed my 3DS for the very first time today (which I think it means it's still non-CFW?), and I think I have the works: FBI, Luma, Homebrew Launcher, boot9strap, but for the life of me I can't figure out how to install TwiLight++ lol.

I followed all the steps in "Non-CFW 3DS Users" method but keep getting stuck on #4; I believed my exploited DSiWare game should be "Nintendo Fan Network" as per the 3ds.hacks guide but it just opens to... Nintendo Fan Network, instead of TwiLight++ like it's supposed to??

yeah I have no idea what I'm doing so I probably messed something up somewhere, any help would be greatly appreciated!

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi there - first post here, and am a total noob. I homebrewed my 3DS for the very first time today (which I think it means it's still non-CFW?), and I think I have the works: FBI, Luma, Homebrew Launcher, boot9strap, but for the life of me I can't figure out how to install TwiLight++ lol.

I followed all the steps in "Non-CFW 3DS Users" method but keep getting stuck on #4; I believed my exploited DSiWare game should be "Nintendo Fan Network" as per the 3ds.hacks guide but it just opens to... Nintendo Fan Network, instead of TwiLight++ like it's supposed to??

yeah I have no idea what I'm doing so I probably messed something up somewhere, any help would be greatly appreciated!
If you have Luma installed (which is CFW), follow the updater method.

Vizsla

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
If you have Luma installed (which is CFW), follow the updater method.

Oh, thank you!! I was able to launch the updater - yay!

I'm doing the extracting for TWL Menu++ now, and it's been stuck on "4577 KB downloaded" for a few minutes. Is this normal? Will I know when extracting has been completed? lol

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, thank you!! I was able to launch the updater - yay!

I'm doing the extracting for TWL Menu++ now, and it's been stuck on "4577 KB downloaded" for a few minutes. Is this normal? Will I know when extracting has been completed? lol
Your console might've got disconnected from the internet somehow.
Try rebooting, and do the manual method (for CFW users, ofc).

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi i have an r4 that works on my ds lite doesnt seem to work with the dsi. my dsi doesnt have a sd card till tomorrow can i still use the TWiLight on my r4? thank you
Yes. What R4 is it?
Some cards will not run retail games with TWLMenu++ on certain R4 cards.

crazyxelite

Trophies
XP
Country
Says no card inserted so I guess it won't work?

Attachments

• IMG_20190709_210659.jpg
    IMG_20190709_210659.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 124

Deinexim

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I've been looking to buy a Japanese DSi (seeing as they tend to sell for much cheaper), but I'd like to know if TwilightMenu++ can allow me to install the american version of DSi Ware games onto my japanese dsi. I've heard that DSi Ware is region-locked, but I'm wondering if TwilightMenu++ can in some way negate this. I should probably clarify that I intend to use the new Memory Pit exploit for this. Please, can anyone help me?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been looking to buy a Japanese DSi (seeing as they tend to sell for much cheaper), but I'd like to know if TwilightMenu++ can allow me to install the american version of DSi Ware games onto my japanese dsi. I've heard that DSi Ware is region-locked, but I'm wondering if TwilightMenu++ can in some way negate this. I should probably clarify that I intend to use the new Memory Pit exploit for this. Please, can anyone help me?
I'm not sure if out of region DSiWare will work. Some should work though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: but well atleast my game tv stick can, @Psionic Roshambo