Homebrew [DS(i)/3DS] TWiLight Menu++ - GUI for DS(i) games, and DS(i) Menu replacement

spinoman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
just to say thank you and to report this:
if you are in gba macro mode and you choose the 3ds theme you can't go to setting anymore because the settings icon is covered by some other icons and the select button is disabled.
maybe it would be useful to enable the select button even in 3ds theme, also for people with broken touch screen...

MushGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Getting a red screen of death while playing Bowser's Inside Story after the first Bowser fight. I saw some people had issues in the past but I was hoping it was fixed. Anyway around it?

EDIT: Nvm. It freezes when I use my Acekard also. Guess I'm just not allowed to play it.
My guess is that the problem is the ROM itself. Did you try redownloading it from a different source?

Peeteris

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Are you sure you used the correct region of the ROM?
Yes, but there's info that ROMs need to be patched to be used with GBARunner2.
The problem is that patch is not available for download. The link is expired?
Is there any other mirrors or ways to patch it?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Peeteris

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello there!
Should supercard be formatted in any way for it to work with Twilightmenu? When I start it on DS Lite without r4 and Twilightmenu, the supercard runs beautifully. When I try to run supercard through Twilightmenu, it stucks at GameBoy Nintendo screen, with Nintendo text being corrupted.
Any ideas? In configurations I've set thr setting to native > GBARunner2

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello there!
Should supercard be formatted in any way for it to work with Twilightmenu? When I start it on DS Lite without r4 and Twilightmenu, the supercard runs beautifully. When I try to run supercard through Twilightmenu, it stucks at GameBoy Nintendo screen, with Nintendo text being corrupted.
Any ideas? In configurations I've set thr setting to native > GBARunner2
You're supposed to launch the GBA ROM from the R4 for that setting to work.
If that's what you did, make sure the ROM is not patched.

• Love
Reactions: Peeteris

Peeteris

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You're supposed to launch the GBA ROM from the R4 for that setting to work.
If that's what you did, make sure the ROM is not patched.
I'm sometimes impressed with my ability to not think further. I tried to open GBA flaschart through DS style(pictochat, etc.) menu on Twilight. 😂
Somehow you unlocked me a whole new world, telling that GBA games should be opened through Twilightmenu.
Thank you!

Reactions: RocketRobz

xxlvrrxx

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Hi, i've been using twilight for like 4 years now on my Dsi (really amazing job), and of course tested the emulators that came within. So, I was wondering what are the chances to get a Virtual Boy emulator for the Dsi? I thinks it just came out for the 3ds, so it would be nice to have it on the dsi

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, i've been using twilight for like 4 years now on my Dsi (really amazing job), and of course tested the emulators that came within. So, I was wondering what are the chances to get a Virtual Boy emulator for the Dsi? I thinks it just came out for the 3ds, so it would be nice to have it on the dsi
It all depends on if the developer wants to port it to the DS(i).

RetrogamingAddict

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It all depends on if the developer wants to port it to the DS(i).
Hi @RocketRobz, i am planning to play gb/gbc pokemon games and perhaps gba pokemon games on my ds lite, ( gba games will be played on 3ds most likely)

Do you know how can i have cheats? If you have any idea about it, would you recommend ds lite using twilight++ or 3ds using vc/ open firm method?

And how is gba pokemon compatibility on ds lite? I kinda prefer the ds lite because gba games look better on it compared to 3ds.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
v26.7.0
Includes nds-bootstrap v1.3.1 (GBATemp thread)

What's new?​

• @DeadSkullzJr: Updated AP-fix for Pokémon: Refined Gold Overhaul (v3.2).
  • Moved color mode tables from NitroFS to sd:/_nds/colorLut/.
    • This means custom tables can now be added (ex. redshift), as well as your own homebrew supporting color modes!
    • To implement it into your homebrew, see the GitHub post on this TWLMenu++ release.
  • Various: Updated translations and added (untested) Galician language!
  • SEGA Genesis/Mega Drive ROMs with the `.md` extension are now supported!
  • Genesis/Mega Drive and SNES ROMs are no longer displayed on flashcards, as the emulators (except for new SNEmulDS versions) which run them do not support arguments.
  • If GBARunner3 is set to be used, the BIOS message is now displayed for all GBA games.
  • DSiWare titles with `NTRJ` TID now launch on flashcards, regardless if compatible or not.
    • Implemented because of some DSiWare prototypes using said TID, as well as some being supported by nds-bootstrap.
  • On DSi/3DS, NDMA is now used to clear RAM slightly faster when transitioning between TWLMenu++ screen modes, as well as loading .nds files.
  • `SCSD` string is now checked within the DLDI name for SuperCard MiniSD support as well.
  • @DieGo367: Changed font palette of disabled buttons in DS Classic Menu. (#2358)
  • Added a setting to hide the Rocket Robz logo.
  • As ROMs can be placed anywhere on the SD card (except for folders starting with `_`), the `roms` folder has been removed.

Bug fixes​

• Fixed GBA Fire Emblem games not booting when using the native GBA mode.
  • Fixed Classic NES Series stuck on white screen when using the native GBA mode.
    • Only early Famicom Mini games and the iQue collection are known to boot properly.
  • Fixed Iridion II freeze bug when using the native GBA mode. (Patch by @DSoryu)
  • Rapid presses now work again in the 3DS theme!

Last edited by RocketRobz,

Angelus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
v26.7.0
Includes nds-bootstrap v1.3.1 (GBATemp thread)

What's new?​

• @DeadSkullzJr: Updated AP-fix for Pokémon: Refined Gold Overhaul (v3.2).
  • Moved color mode tables from NitroFS to sd:/_nds/colorLut/.
    • This means custom tables can now be added (ex. redshift), as well as your own homebrew supporting color modes!
    • To implement it into your homebrew, see the GitHub post on this TWLMenu++ release.
  • Various: Updated translations and added (untested) Galician language!
  • SEGA Genesis/Mega Drive ROMs with the `.md` extension are now supported!
  • Genesis/Mega Drive and SNES ROMs are no longer displayed on flashcards, as the emulators (except for new SNEmulDS versions) which run them do not support arguments.
  • If GBARunner3 is set to be used, the BIOS message is now displayed for all GBA games.
  • DSiWare titles with `NTRJ` TID now launch on flashcards, regardless if compatible or not.
    • Implemented because of some DSiWare prototypes using said TID, as well as some being supported by nds-bootstrap.
  • On DSi/3DS, NDMA is now used to clear RAM slightly faster when transitioning between TWLMenu++ screen modes, as well as loading .nds files.
  • `SCSD` string is now checked within the DLDI name for SuperCard MiniSD support as well.
  • @DieGo367: Changed font palette of disabled buttons in DS Classic Menu. (#2358)
  • Added a setting to hide the Rocket Robz logo.

Bug fixes​

• Fixed GBA Fire Emblem games not booting when using the native GBA mode.
  • Fixed Classic NES Series stuck on white screen when using the native GBA mode.
    • Only early Famicom Mini games and the iQue collection are known to boot properly.
  • Fixed Iridion II freeze bug when using the native GBA mode. (Patch by @DSoryu)
  • Rapid presses now work again in the 3DS theme!

First of all, thank you very much for your contribution, without you, the scene would not be the same, appreciate the perseverance in the same way

I would like to ask, will there be a new version of NeoDs? Both the latest version released and the one made for the Twightlight menu (which I have never been able to get a working link for) I get errors, I've already configured your Ramdisk and it doesn't help at all, I changed the boot mode and nothing, any news in this regard? Greetings

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would like to ask, will there be a new version of NeoDs? Both the latest version released and the one made for the Twightlight menu (which I have never been able to get a working link for) I get errors, I've already configured your Ramdisk and it doesn't help at all, I changed the boot mode and nothing, any news in this regard? Greetings
afaik, there's still bugs with NeoDS which are preventing a new release. If the errors come from building from source code, did you install BlocksDS?

Angelus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
afaik, there's still bugs with NeoDS which are preventing a new release. If the errors come from building from source code, did you install BlocksDS?

Aún no lo eh instalado, leyendo sobre blocksds veo que se necesita un OS comno disI haven't installed it yet, reading about block sds I see that an OS like Windows is needed and at the moment I don't have a PC (sad emoji) :((

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @BakerMan can one play cod from hen ps3?