Homebrew [DS(i)/3DS] TWiLight Menu++ - GUI for DS(i) games, and DS(i) Menu replacement

Pk11

A catgirl with a DSi
Trophies
Website
pk11.us
XP
Country
United States
:rofl2: of course not!

We did put in a pretty good showing on Discord to "prove" it was real yesterday :P

(@RocketRobz)
IMG_20230331_155926_576.jpg

(@IS1982)
5AACCE14-33E5-41E6-AFB5-836FCA6D2EC5.jpg
F04EC80D-FBC9-41EC-A7A3-1199054BDFBD.jpg

20230401_134254.jpg

(@Dartz150)

(@DVDO)

rvtr

Nintendo DS hoarder
Trophies
Website
randommeaninglesscharacters.com
XP
Country
Canada
We did put in a pretty good showing on Discord to "prove" it was real yesterday :P

I think that was my favorite april fools joke ever. I think we got more than a few people to actually believe it was real. Honestly can't blame them. Photo/video proof, random people saying it worked, some big names in the scene playing along... hard not to believe it was real.

There were people that legit waited half an hour or more for their 3DS games to load. I told a few people "it just crashed, reboot and try again." I think some did and they would have wasted a whole hour. It was awesome watching everyone spend so long watching an endless gif.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think that was my favorite april fools joke ever. I think we got more than a few people to actually believe it was real. Honestly can't blame them. Photo/video proof, random people saying it worked, some big names in the scene playing along... hard not to believe it was real.

There were people that legit waited half an hour or more for their 3DS games to load. I told a few people "it just crashed, reboot and try again." I think some did and they would have wasted a whole hour. It was awesome watching everyone spend so long watching an endless gif.
my favorite site for pirated games had a "seized by the fbi" page when going to it yesterday. it's fine today, but I'm sure that scared a lot of people, especially switch pirates.

Reactions: rvtr

ryba

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Is there a way to change background (color) on bottom screen that shows progress animation and shows text: Now Loading... (eg. when you switch between pages) in Custom skin in DSi menu?
Also can anyone copy and paste here text A and B in a circle character (shown in Select menu)? I'd like to edit it in nftr-editor, but as I can't write (or paste) the character, I can't edit it...

Pk11

A catgirl with a DSi
Trophies
Website
pk11.us
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to change background (color) on bottom screen that shows progress animation and shows text: Now Loading... (eg. when you switch between pages) in Custom skin in DSi menu?
You can make it black with DarkLoading = 1 in the INI, other colors are not (currently) possible.

Also can anyone copy and paste here text A and B in a circle character (shown in Select menu)? I'd like to edit it in nftr-editor, but as I can't write (or paste) the character, I can't edit it...
The buttons are: []
In order: A, B, X, Y, L, R, and D-Pad neutral, up, down, left, right, up/down, left/right

RedKnight

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just updated to v25.9.1a (hotfix), and found GBARunner2 had some loading/running issues.

The GBA games was loading/running fine before TwilightMenu++ update. Now all the GBA games either stuck at loading screen (actually just stuck at white screen) or have wired sound lagging issue, frame drop/skips issue. Reboot the system doesn't fix the issues.

Is there anyone else has the same GBARunner issues? Or any suggestions to fix it? Thanks!

fmhugo

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I just updated to v25.9.1a (hotfix), and found GBARunner2 had some loading/running issues.

The GBA games was loading/running fine before TwilightMenu++ update. Now all the GBA games either stuck at loading screen (actually just stuck at white screen) or have wired sound lagging issue, frame drop/skips issue. Reboot the system doesn't fix the issues.

Is there anyone else has the same GBARunner issues? Or any suggestions to fix it? Thanks!
My sugestion. Backup all your SD file. Format and do it.
https://dsi.cfw.guide/sd-card-setup.html
Recover files and try.

ryba

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Pk11..
Is there a way to convert whole dsi nftr font to ds nftr font?
Or copy characters from one to another?
Also, it would be nice to have some character map to see whole set of characters in specific nftr font.

PS: I also tried to upload new icon to github, but dunno, if I made it right. I have a new skin on a way (ds font is the last thing to do), so this is a little test before.. You can PM in any case. Cheers.

Last edited by ryba,

Pk11

A catgirl with a DSi
Trophies
Website
pk11.us
XP
Country
United States
Pk11..
Is there a way to convert whole dsi nftr font to ds nftr font?
Or copy characters from one to another?
Also, it would be nice to have some character map to see whole set of characters in specific nftr font.

PS: I also tried to upload new icon to github, but dunno, if I made it right. I have a new skin on a way (ds font is the last thing to do), so this is a little test before.. You can PM in any case. Cheers.
If your font is small enough that it loads on regular DS you can just rename to "large.nftr" or "small.nftr", no console. Otherwise you can import/export images at the bottom of the page and could just copy the DSi one, remove some characters, and save or so.

JavaScript:
Array.from(fontMap).map(c => String.fromCharCode(c)).join("")
^ this JS in your browser console can get you a string of everything in the font, I should add a button to run that

ryba

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
If your font is small enough that it loads on regular DS you can just rename to "large.nftr" or "small.nftr", no console.
I tried it yesterday, but TWiLight Menu didn't boot because of that. Anyway, I'll check it again and do it somehow..
JavaScript:
Array.from(fontMap).map(c => String.fromCharCode(c)).join("")
^ this JS in your browser console can get you a string of everything in the font, I should add a button to run that
Thanks, I'll check it.

MyUsername

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible for 2 titles to use the same cheats? I have New Super Mario Bros and Newer Super Mario Bros, and would like to use the same cheats on the both of them

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCYyXcb_pJk Lol spiderman dong