Homebrew [DS(i)/3DS] TWiLight Menu++ - GUI for DS(i) games, and DS(i) Menu replacement

wavemotion

Benign Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just got around to installing the latest TWL++ and nds-bootstrap and spent the weekend enjoying some classic NDS and DSiware games on my handheld.

So I mainly wanted to say a heartfelt thanks to @RocketRobz, @Pk11 and the others who have put effort into the homebrew scene over the years. It's good stuff - and highly appreciated by this retro enthusiast!

v25.9.2

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
v25.9.2
Includes nds-bootstrap v0.71.1 (GBATemp thread)

Bug fixes​

• Fixed white screen appearing on the top screen, if music is turned off.
  • Fixed text flickering in TWLMenu++ Settings with Memory Expansion Pak inserted.
  • Changed `Use nds-bootstrap` to `Game Loader` in the per-game settings menu to reflect the change in TWLMenu++ Settings.

bashbros30

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey so I have a question regarding TWLMenu++.

I have everything installed and "working" according to the cfwaifu guide... except for the TWL updater, when I go to download it there is a message that says the universal updater is preferred... and when I launched the app it said the same thing... However, the universal updater is missing some things (I think, I'm new to this) and when I go to launch a ds rom it comes back "Start failed. error -2"

anybody able to help a fella out?

v25.9.3

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey so I have a question regarding TWLMenu++.

I have everything installed and "working" according to the cfwaifu guide... except for the TWL updater, when I go to download it there is a message that says the universal updater is preferred... and when I launched the app it said the same thing... However, the universal updater is missing some things (I think, I'm new to this) and when I go to launch a ds rom it comes back "Start failed. error -2"

anybody able to help a fella out?
v25.9.4 (hotfix)

Bug fix​

• Fixed an overlooked bug which made games not start.
    • For DS(i) games, nds-bootstrap would either display error code -2 or white screens after launching a game.

Last edited by RocketRobz,

bashbros30

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Bug fix​

• Fixed an overlooked bug which made games not start.
    • For DS(i) games, nds-bootstrap would either display error code -2 or white screens after launching a game.
so do I need to rip out the SD card and re-install cias or will the updater work for this?

edit: nvm I took the 3 minutes to figure it out on my own lmao... Thanks so much for the patch!

Last edited by bashbros30,

dayjay

Trophies
XP
Country
Will I be able to use my old IEDGE flashcart with it then? Not sure I understand the "If you don’t have an R4(i) Ultra" section.

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I have a 2018 model card specifically the "R4 SDHC Dual-Core 2018" url :r4isdhc.com that has a timebomb, thanks to having a hacked 2DS and Twilight menu I can play games without worrying about the timebomb anymore, thank you!

Last edited by raxadian,

Metalik

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Are there any plans to reimplement the AKAIO theme? I really liked it a lot then it was deleted due to being glitchy or something like that.

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Anyone has managed to make the R4ideluxe card to run Twilight menu? Note this is the DSi card not the regular R4deluxe card.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for bother You. I know there is a way to disable Yelow Wifi Led and change the Blue Led to Purple in Twilight for Nintendo Dsi and Dsi XL. My only question is If exist any way to turn off all the lights including the blue/purple. Thank you.
It's possible, but is unknown how to implement it.

Reactions: raxadian

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Sorry for bother You. I know there is a way to disable Yelow Wifi Led and change the Blue Led to Purple in Twilight for Nintendo Dsi and Dsi XL. My only question is If exist any way to turn off all the lights including the blue/purple. Thank you.

Unfortunately no one has implemented that yet; if the lights annoy you do what I did with my Gameboy Color and use black ducktape to cover them.

memesofminecraf

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
It's possible, but is unknown how to implement it.
Unfortunately no one has implemented that yet; if the lights annoy you do what I did with my Gameboy Color and use black ducktape to cover them.
Than you both. Well it bother only at beginning, when youre inmersive in the gameplay you dont see it,

BasSlk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Why does cheats only work when I select bootstrap and not kernel? For romhacks I want to use kernel because it works better. But when I select Kernel the option for cheats is gone? While it works fine with Woods. I have a Ace3ds X

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why does cheats only work when I select bootstrap and not kernel? For romhacks I want to use kernel because it works better. But when I select Kernel the option for cheats is gone? While it works fine with Woods. I have a Ace3ds X
Because the kernel's autoboot feature used to boot the game (after being launched by TWLMenu++) does not support enabling cheats.

Reactions: BasSlk

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm doing fine, and you?
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    Im gonna see if I can find a ps4 to buy
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    now that firm ware 11 supposedly is exploitable
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you see the fallout series
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea is pretty good
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    an elder scrolls movie or show would be cool, but which elder scrolls game would it be based on?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    oh who am i kidding it'd be skyrim
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but,since they're only a few years apart, a morrowind + oblivion series would also be cool
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Taco Saturday
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Uhh, It's 🌯 Saturday dude. :) js
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nope that for tomorrow, cinco de mayo, today is bbq chicken on the grill.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Juan's new years I forgot
    +2
    :hrth::toot::grog::grog::grog::bow: HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me :bow::grog::grog::toot::hrth:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    One day away from Juan's birthday
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only if you send him feet
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday!
    +1
    Thank You :D
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    heh I got a guy who created an account just yesterday asking me where to find mig switch roms
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    too much FBI watching this website to answer that kind of question lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Has the mig switch found loopholes without requiring game keys?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, happy birthday
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @AncientBoi, happy birthday