Homebrew [DS(i)/3DS] TWiLight Menu++ - GUI for DS(i) games, and DS(i) Menu replacement

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

3DSBest

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello again, I ran into another issue sadly :/
I tried playing Need For Speed Underground 2 (both EUR and US versions of the ROM) and I encounter a black screen. On the compatibility list it says it should work, but for some reason it doesn't work for me. Any suggestions? I tried both DS and DSI mode, vram boost on/off and nightly build or normal, but it always crashes to black screen. Sorry if this is not the right place for these...

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hello.:)

Hello again, I ran into another issue sadly :/
I tried playing Need For Speed Underground 2 (both EUR and US versions of the ROM) and I encounter a black screen. On the compatibility list it says it should work, but for some reason it doesn't work for me. Any suggestions? I tried both DS and DSI mode, vram boost on/off and nightly build or normal, but it always crashes to black screen. Sorry if this is not the right place for these...

You have to disable "Can read DMA" in the InGame Settings.
Press "Y" on the Game Menu in TWiLight please.

Thank you.:)

Reactions: Tarmfot

3DSBest

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello.:)

You have to disable "Can read DMA" in the InGame Settings.
Press "Y" on the Game Menu in TWiLight please.

Thank you.:)

Thank you very much, it worked! <3

EDIT: OH MY GOD, disabling this option fixes the graphics issues with TONY HAWK DOWNHILL JAM as well :OOOOOOO

Okay now THIS is EPIC lol

Last edited by 3DSBest,

MultiKoopa

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello. I'm playing Pokemon Black, and no matter what I do, no matter how I change the settings, the game absolutely refuses to run with increased clock speed. I change clock speed and vram boost in the Twilight main menu settings... in-game, I open the L+Down+Select menu and clock speed shows 67

Pressing Y on the Rom menu, changing clock speed.... in-game, it shows 67

any idea what's going on here?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello. I'm playing Pokemon Black, and no matter what I do, no matter how I change the settings, the game absolutely refuses to run with increased clock speed. I change clock speed and vram boost in the Twilight main menu settings... in-game, I open the L+Down+Select menu and clock speed shows 67

Pressing Y on the Rom menu, changing clock speed.... in-game, it shows 67

any idea what's going on here?
That's normal. The in-game menu incorrectly shows the set clock speed. The game should already run with TWL clock speed, if set in TWLMenu++.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After installing, do we need to add any files for improving GBA support on DSi? The GBARunner2 wiki on here suggests using the hicode hybrid build to improve support. Does this come bundled in TwilightMenu by default?
Nope.
However, you can replace the files in "sd:/_nds/" with those of the hicode build.

D

Deleted User

I've installed the latest Release V19.1.1 using my preferred method, i.e. downloading from a Web Browser, extracting and then Copy-Pasting into my Micro-SD Card.

As usual, I would copy all the Folders except ROMs and then after turning my New 3DS XL USA back on, I'd go into Homebrew FBI and Install and Delete the CIAs that came with the Release, just to be sure.

The problem I've been noticing for the last few Releases is that despite all this, the Homebrew Universal-DB will always notify me that my TWiLight Menu++ needs to be updated, by showing the green icon on the bottom right.

I have Updated to the latest Universal-Updater V3.2.1, so I'm wondering whether this notification is something for me to just ignore or is there anything wrong with the way I update TWiLight Menu++ that it keeps notifying me to do it again.

Thank you beforehand for any information.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fucking subways like that'll be $3
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is funny how they replaced the $5 foot long sub, with a 1" wide $5 foot long cookie or cinna stick, cheap asses
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They still have but it's like $10 cookies honestly not a bad deal for $5
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bidenomics
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    True, everything almost double nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    But I could go to Aldis and get a cookie pie for like $4
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or use your new cooking pan and make some, don't mind the Old leftover foods mixed in.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just eat plain flour around cops
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    thats Gluten abuse, they would shoot you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends on the color chart
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Wheat flour has a lower chance at survival
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Isn't wheat flour the whitest of the white?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Rye would get shot at sight.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends
    img_5941-1.jpeg
    everyone mixing their flour now days
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That's whole wheat, right? Because all purpose flour is also made from wheat.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm not a flour expert I just snort it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There also is black rice flour, and its really black colored
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Bruh that's gray.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's ancientboi color
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    You need to add some activated charcoal.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've seen some that are dark dark, my wifey uses it sometimes in her bs recipes
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Cool.
    Veho @ Veho: Cool.