Homebrew [DS(i)/3DS] TWiLight Menu++ - GUI for DS(i) games, and DS(i) Menu replacement

childofthegrave

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hello, I wanted to know if there is a way to add more emulators. I tried with DualSwan, and it opens but it doesn't detect any ROMs. Any help?

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I'm having an issue with gbarunner2 when loaded through TWiLightMenu. I have games and the bios in /gba/ as per instructions, but I get an error message saying '3DS sd card' followed by garbage text. I'm actually not even using a 3DS so this is a bit strange.

Using a Japanese DSi LL loading TWiLightMenu directly from unlaunch, 64GB SD card formatted as FAT32 with 32k cluster size.
I've sorted out the issue I was having here - looks like it was too many games in one folder. I've separated them into folders and they now display fine.

The progress made with TWiLightMenu and nds-bootstrap is incredible! I've relegated my DSTwo to the closet.

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Not completely related to TWiLightMenu, but does anybody know of some kind of batch rom name shortener? Pretty much every Game Boy etc. game name scrolls off the side of the screen because it is too long, and I have far too many to shorten manually.

MichiS97

"Leftist snowflake milennial"
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Pokemon Black is supposed to work right? I'm trying to play an AP-patched ROM from SD card on my DSi (it has HiyaCFW and starts TWiLight Menu++ at boot), and it just constantly freezes on the battle screen. I'm running the game in DS mode, NTR clock speed and VRAM Boost off. I'm using the latest vesion of TWiLight Menu++. Anybody else ever had that issue?

Reactions: GrandWeber

HeavyMetalLoser

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there an up-to-date changelog? And does the 133MHz mode cause and games to glitch or crash or is it always an improvement? Does it improve the framerate of any retail games or is it just for emulation and homebrew?

Last edited by HeavyMetalLoser,

GrandWeber

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Pokemon Black is supposed to work right? I'm trying to play an AP-patched ROM from SD card on my DSi (it has HiyaCFW and starts TWiLight Menu++ at boot), and it just constantly freezes on the battle screen. I'm running the game in DS mode, NTR clock speed and VRAM Boost off. I'm using the latest vesion of TWiLight Menu++. Anybody else ever had that issue?

Having the same issue (using the same settings), but freezes are random and the song scratches.

AkikoKumagara

The Coolest Bear Around
Trophies
Website
thebearsden.web.fc2.com
XP
Country
United States
Having the same issue (using the same settings), but freezes are random and the song scratches.

It seems to be working fine for me with my current settings:

Run in: DS mode
ARM9 CPU Speed: 133 MHz (TWL)
VRAM boost: On

I'll test a longer play session and see if I run into issues, but I haven't seen anything so far.

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
If running at 67MHz, will DSi-enhanced games still correctly run at 133MHz on a DSi regardless? I don't necessarily want to force all games to run at 133MHz.

AkikoKumagara

The Coolest Bear Around
Trophies
Website
thebearsden.web.fc2.com
XP
Country
United States
If running at 67MHz, will DSi-enhanced games still correctly run at 133MHz on a DSi regardless? I don't necessarily want to force all games to run at 133MHz.
Press Y on the games you want to run in DSi mode and TWL clock speed on your Menu. Set per-game configuration there for DSi enhanced games.

FateForWindows

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there an up-to-date changelog? And does the 133MHz mode cause and games to glitch or crash or is it always an improvement? Does it improve the framerate of any retail games or is it just for emulation and homebrew?
1. GitHub
2. For the most part no, but there are some exceptions, most undocumented. Only one I know of for sure is Super Mario 64 DS which will stop displaying graphics once you put the console in sleep mode, though the game works perfectly otherwise.
3. Yes, but only in games that already suffer performance dips. E.g. if the game runs at a constant 30FPS, don't expect that to be doubled. It also very slightly decreases load times.

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if this was asked before but here it is, can ds games that require AP patch to work properly run on my DSi XL, or just the 3DS?

Last edited by CoolMe,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: see ya