ByJustAsix
OP
Trophies
Website
www.byjustasix.com
XP
Country
United States
Ok So I had to sell my DSi for some cash and I won't be able to get another one (a DS Lite since I will also be getting a 3DS most likely) until I get my tax refund (Thank God I worked for the Census) but that won't be for another 2 -3 weeks and the DS is starting to get a rush (That is my phrase that I like to use when a game system has a bunch of releases I must play) and my PSP is starting to get boring. So what's the best emulator out there. If I am not mistaken it's No$Gba....

The Pi

Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
NO$GBA is you have a weak computer (needs patches for new games)
DeSmuME is you have a decent computer (rarely needs patches)
iDeaS is supposed to be quite good though I've never used it myself.

Mazor

Z80 master arch
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
twiztidsinz said:
another emulator that's good (and opensource i think).
iDeaS, pretty good and indeede open source. From my experience it seems to have less compatibility than DesMuMe though.

No$gba hasn't been updated for several years, contrary to the other two.

DesMuMe would probably be the best for you. If you get performance you can fall back to No$GBA as The Pi implied.

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
Mazor said:
twiztidsinz said:
iDeaS, pretty good and indeede open source. From my experience it seems to have less compatibility than DesMuMe though.

DesMuMe would probably be the best for you. If you get performance you can fall back to No$GBA as The Pi implied.
iDeaS has never and probably will never be open source, its DeSmuME thats open source.

Mazor

Z80 master arch
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Normmatt said:
Mazor said:
twiztidsinz said:

iDeaS has never and probably will never be open source, its DeSmuME thats open source.
Thanks for correcting my mistake, not sure how I got them mixed up as I know that DeSmuME has a team the size of something highly unlikely to be behind an emulator that would be closed source.

My apologies for mixing up your software with something quite different.

EDIT: Typo.

KingAsix

ByJustAsix
OP
Trophies
Website
www.byjustasix.com
XP
Country
United States
I've used No$GBA before on my old laptop, but now I have a netbook....As long as the games run enough for me to play them I'm good. Currently I'm trying to play SaGa 2, Kingdom Hearts RE:coded, and some other game that I can't think of (
tongue.gif
fail )

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
DeSmuME is maintained in part by Normmatt (the guy who made AKAIO), so that probably says something about it's compatibility.
But don't expect it to run well if you have a slow computer. DeSmuME's fairly demanding.

nryn99

desu~
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
JinTrigger said:
I've used No$GBA before on my old laptop, but now I have a netbook....As long as the games run enough for me to play them I'm good. Currently I'm trying to play SaGa 2, Kingdom Hearts RE:coded, and some other game that I can't think of (
tongue.gif
fail )
most games need firmware and BIOS files and choose start with gbabios option to run in nocash. and preferably used with no$zoomer. you can play most games fine. i did. those two games you mentioned works fine with me. no$gba v2.6a+firmware and nds bios files and no$zoomer v2.3.0.2
and try to change th save type in the no$gba.ini file from Compressed to Raw

DeSmuMe on the other hand is easier to use but as they said requires more power. but it looks better than nocash in some games. so if you have a good computer, better use DeSmuMe. lately i have been encountering problems when i import save files from nocash to DeSmuMe

KingAsix

ByJustAsix
OP
Trophies
Website
www.byjustasix.com
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I wanted to go back to No$gba but its been awhile since I used it and I wasn't sure if it could play the latest games. That's why I made this thread cause I wasn't sure if there was anything else out there better.

nryn99

desu~
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
well the only game i had a hard time to play was pokemon b/w. because it wouldn't save. but fixed with a code now. but not by me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Cuz it's some kind of holiday related to the town I live in
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Am I [R WORD]?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, People who create revival services for the Wii end up in disaster, same goes for Pretendo lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, atleast wiimmfii went fine although people only use it for Mario kart Wii
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    At least if they ban you for cheating, get another Wii. They're cheap as chips.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Remember when RiiShop was a thing?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    not really
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It got shutdown because somebody "accidentally" leaked the database for the amount of people using the beta.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    RiiShop is the laziest way of downloading Wii games. Did somebody not think of this through?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    although i ended up accidentally changing my nand with no way of going back bc i didn't know you needed a gamecube controller to restore it (i have a wii minus/1.1, which doesn't have gamecube controller support)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, I think you're talking about the recovery mode that the SaveMii used, and also was to restore softbricked systems.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    If your NAND was hardbricked, then just buy another Wii. Or go with the dirty NAND flasher method.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    and if i find the sd card i have my NAND backed up on, i can not only restore the NAND if i solder the right part in, but i can also put my NAND on dolphin, then i can play dolphin online, like PMEX Remix or MKWii Riibalanced
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Brb
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Oh yeah, that was a thing too. Dolphin does support Wiimmfi.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah you just need to put your NAND backup with wiimmfi on it
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ngl i feel like if a bunch of my friends have wiis and know how to get wiimmfi and back up their NAND, then we could do a PMEX Remix tournament
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    maybe even add UMVC3/DBFZ and make it a biathlon/triathlon
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Too bad Excite Truck wasn't multi player :(
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Loved that game lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, sorry for the stupid suggestion I had in that thread
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its fine
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    what thread?