Homebrew ds emulator with directx support?

lukeroge

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
i don't know why but my card always has had issues with it o.o i had ubuntu before i switched back to windows 7 and everything envolving opengl ran slow and laggy. i could just have a faulty card or outdated drivers, idk, all i know is opengl hates my card.
It was probably the Ubuntu drivers for it, I use Ubuntu a lot and linux graphics drivers can have a lot of issues.

Kiiro_Yakumo

Kitsune
Trophies
Website
clash-of-gods.netau.net
XP
Country
Poland
Linux and Java, yeees that's some problematic stuff but not much
The trick is that there are two possible Java installations for Linux and both have their "+" and "-"
As for Minecraft if I remember correctly OpenJDK version 1.6.0 works as it should (version number IS important, I have 3 of them and only 1.6.0 runs Minecraft, bite me but I don't know why :P)

Dukatti

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
No$Zoomer 2.3.0.2 [there might be already newer versions] is using DirectX and it can be played in anaglyph with old iz3d software. And it looks awesome. [Win 7 x64]

It was hard to find on the web information about anaglyph support for ds emulation, or another stereoscopic support. I've also tried to find OpenGL Anaglyph drivers and discovered that Nvidia closed their Anaglyph support for all notebooks and after that I began to dig in versions of different emu that I loaded from Emucr.

Have checked them one after another, with iz3d and Tridef, and finally get to WinDS Pro - that is exactly a pack of nintendo pocket emulators. And there among other emulators was No$Zoomer emulator

just very happy now and finally will sleep calm.
Very big thanks to those developers who made the opportunity of anaglyph output for ds come true. They are Rock! *__*

[registered and posted here because it's the first page of results from Google search for any query tied to anaglyph/stereoscopy/ nintendo_ds emulator/desmume/nosgba. I'm sure this will help other people who are searching. Because I feel lucky that I found it.]

upd:
Iz3D can be combined with Nvidia Vision, making another great anaglyph output [for nvidia and external monitor only]

Last edited by Dukatti,
Reactions: cearp
D

Deleted User

isn't softrasterizer directx? which in turn is direct3d? also, desmume x432r has some sort of compatability with directx...
WGgkmxM.png

if not why would it have a d3d9 folder...

Dukatti

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
It's something different.
[it might be cpu or some another standard output. It should be similar to software mode of all other emulators, or vmware [which is not using videocard at all while emulating whole operation system and still using some of the DirectX features at the same time]

This folder is interesting, maybe there even exist some sort of Stereoscopic shader, which probably hidden or very bad spread.[?]

I've tried to make work X432R with Iz3D and Tridef too. But No luck here [at least from me. Maybe someone else would try?]
[is DesMuMe protected from injecting? Will it be better to free it for TriDef or Iz3D support or everything new that might come?] [VR?]

p.s. the version of No$Zoomer from above is using DirectX 8 rendering.

Last edited by Dukatti,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WUOq1dlZWxI?si=LBlEJwZfwtWShljP lol Denmark can't handle the spice