DS #2700: World Destruction: Michibi Kareshi Ishi (Japan)

Vague Rant

Deceptively cute
Trophies
Website
vaguerant.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Nope. World Destruction is a SEGA RPG created by Masato Kato with music by Yasunori Mitsuda (who also worked together on the Chrono series, Xenogears, and the mixed-media album Kirite), along with a number of members of the Xenogears staff.

There's also an anime adaptation; I caught the first episode and it was awful crap, but I still have high hopes for the game.

Gameplay footage:

Nthenorm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The anime really killed my hype for the game. The trailers still looked awesome. Hopefully the plot isn't the same as the anime.

I got so much to play this weekend. I've barely even started Dragon Quest IV and Dragon Ball DS yet.

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I've been waiting for this game for few months.....I'll try the Japan version, because I'm really excited about old-school RPG, and it's 256 MB in size!
Must be a huge game.....

I like the game icon too..
tongue.gif

casval

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
OMG please please please English version
cry.gif

This is my most anticipated game on any platform! But I don't want to play it in Japanese
frown.gif

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This is really a top notch RPG, heads and shoulders above what we've been seeing on the DS to date.

Which of course, probably means it will never be localized outside of Japan. Because its become routine to cheat foreign regions out of the best games around for the handheld. For some reason, these game companies still employ the same decades old (and often failed) business models despite all that has gone on in terms of globalization in that time.

What little I've played so far, after just stumbling past the first boss, is that it has high production values, an excellent engine (Dragon Quest IV manages to suffer slowdown, yet this game boasts superior graphics and runs smooth), music and sound effects are all top notch, interfaces and menus are clean and stylish. Best of all the battle system looks like it will end up engaging and fun.

I'm still trying to work out the mechanics, but you can alternate attacks attached to individual buttons. In this respect, it raises Valkyrie Profile to my mind. Maybe its on a timer, or perhaps there are stats involved in the calculations thereof, but sometimes you can chain at least three attacks. And then there's a queue similar to FFTA showing turn order to assist in planning your battle strategy.

You can even skip dialogue and entire scenes at a time. This is a rare boon from a country where even the worst game scripts consider themselves worthy of your undivided attention, and Japanese writers apparently judge the quality of their own work merely in terms of word count.

I just hope they didn't piss away _too_ many megabytes on FMVs. Otherwise, it looks to be a lengthy and excellent game without too many anime stereotypes (although I spotted some kind of Pooh bear with an eye patch? Japan never ceases to mystify)

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
Well at least this is some different RPG!
you are not destine to save the world but you are destine to destroy the world!

i think the graphics for this game is consider very good for DS standard

Kawo

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
In the anime the girl is translated like "Morute" but I think is wrong.

The complete name is "Morte Asshera" and can be (rudely) translated from italian in "Death To Evening" , counting her position in the story I think is right.

I hope this game reach Or USA or EUR, the anime is slow and Kirye too faggot but I think the game can repair that.

kazuki_pl

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Poland
graphics are really cool, music is by Y.Mitsuda ( xenogears, chrono cross ), nice voice acting @.@ abt the us release >.>" chances are small IMO, but rom size gives me hope for ff6 xD and hopefully new suikoden will be a "big baby" too xD

incinerator

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ah man, I wish I were fluent in Japanese... 5 semesters of taking it in college still isn't enough to play masterful RPGs like this
sleep.gif

Nthenorm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Kawo said:
In the anime the girl is translated like "Morute" but I think is wrong.

The complete name is "Morte Asshera" and can be (rudely) translated from italian in "Death To Evening" , counting her position in the story I think is right.

I hope this game reach Or USA or EUR, the anime is slow and Kirye too faggot but I think the game can repair that.
It's probably just a fansubbing error. The name sounds exactly the same in the game.

Loving the game so far. The plot is nothing like the anime. Morte is practically the opposite of her anime counterpart, and is much more likeable. There's quite a bit of voiced dialogue, which is the only way for me to understand what's going on.

knl

I can change this?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
I ought to be reborn a Japanese in the next life, so I can not miss out on great games such as this.
also, 2nd 2048 Mbit DS game out?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I played the intro to far cry 5, that is like some crazy Jim Jones cult shit. Still its petty...