DS #2700: World Destruction: Michibi Kareshi Ishi (Japan)

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by JPH, Sep 24, 2008.

1. JPH
    OP

Banned JPH Banned

United States
    ^^ndsrelease-3710^^

2. Vague Rant

Member Vague Rant Deceptively cute

Australia
    Please God let this come out in English.

3. mumeix

Newcomer mumeix Member

United States
    isn't this the same game as avalon code that is due out here in 2009?

4. Vague Rant

Member Vague Rant Deceptively cute

Australia
    Nope. World Destruction is a SEGA RPG created by Masato Kato with music by Yasunori Mitsuda (who also worked together on the Chrono series, Xenogears, and the mixed-media album Kirite), along with a number of members of the Xenogears staff.

There's also an anime adaptation; I caught the first episode and it was awful crap, but I still have high hopes for the game.

Gameplay footage:

5. ojsinnerz.

Member ojsinnerz. Damned

Canada
    Anime is horrid. Simply awful.

The game got decent scores. So, I'll be looking forward to it.

6. Nthenorm

Newcomer Nthenorm Advanced Member

Canada
    The anime really killed my hype for the game. The trailers still looked awesome. Hopefully the plot isn't the same as the anime.

I got so much to play this weekend. I've barely even started Dragon Quest IV and Dragon Ball DS yet.

7. Toni Plutonij

Former Staff Toni Plutonij *has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!

Croatia
    I've been waiting for this game for few months.....I'll try the Japan version, because I'm really excited about old-school RPG, and it's 256 MB in size!
    Must be a huge game.....

I like the game icon too.. [​IMG]

8. psycoblaster

Member psycoblaster Divine

Korea, South
    YAY!
    this is the best release day ever. knights in the nightmare, kirby super star ultra, and world destruction [​IMG]

9. casval

Newcomer casval Newbie

Italy
    OMG please please please English version [​IMG]
    This is my most anticipated game on any platform! But I don't want to play it in Japanese [​IMG]

10. dib

Member dib GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    This is really a top notch RPG, heads and shoulders above what we've been seeing on the DS to date.

Which of course, probably means it will never be localized outside of Japan. Because its become routine to cheat foreign regions out of the best games around for the handheld. For some reason, these game companies still employ the same decades old (and often failed) business models despite all that has gone on in terms of globalization in that time.

What little I've played so far, after just stumbling past the first boss, is that it has high production values, an excellent engine (Dragon Quest IV manages to suffer slowdown, yet this game boasts superior graphics and runs smooth), music and sound effects are all top notch, interfaces and menus are clean and stylish. Best of all the battle system looks like it will end up engaging and fun.

I'm still trying to work out the mechanics, but you can alternate attacks attached to individual buttons. In this respect, it raises Valkyrie Profile to my mind. Maybe its on a timer, or perhaps there are stats involved in the calculations thereof, but sometimes you can chain at least three attacks. And then there's a queue similar to FFTA showing turn order to assist in planning your battle strategy.

You can even skip dialogue and entire scenes at a time. This is a rare boon from a country where even the worst game scripts consider themselves worthy of your undivided attention, and Japanese writers apparently judge the quality of their own work merely in terms of word count.

I just hope they didn't piss away _too_ many megabytes on FMVs. Otherwise, it looks to be a lengthy and excellent game without too many anime stereotypes (although I spotted some kind of Pooh bear with an eye patch? Japan never ceases to mystify)

11. Noitora

Member Noitora ::

Greece
    hmmm to translate or not to translate?....
    The game itself looks pretty good and I am a big fan of Asunori Mitsuda myself.

12. elixirdream

Member elixirdream GBAtemp Legend

Malaysia
    Well at least this is some different RPG!
    you are not destine to save the world but you are destine to destroy the world!

i think the graphics for this game is consider very good for DS standard

13. Rock Raiyu

Member Rock Raiyu Clock Up

United States
    Its finally here. And yeah, the anime kinda did kill the hype for this game, but still, awesome nonetheless.

14. Kawo

Member Kawo GBAtemp Fan

Italy
    In the anime the girl is translated like "Morute" but I think is wrong.

The complete name is "Morte Asshera" and can be (rudely) translated from italian in "Death To Evening" , counting her position in the story I think is right.

I hope this game reach Or USA or EUR, the anime is slow and Kirye too faggot but I think the game can repair that.

15. ENDscape

Member ENDscape REBORN! I will post with my Dying Will!!!

Philippines
    WOW. Septembers been a great month!

16. kazuki_pl

Member kazuki_pl GBAtemp Regular

Poland
    graphics are really cool, music is by Y.Mitsuda ( xenogears, chrono cross ), nice voice acting @.@ abt the us release >.>" chances are small IMO, but rom size gives me hope for ff6 xD and hopefully new suikoden will be a "big baby" too xD

17. incinerator

Newcomer incinerator Advanced Member

Ah man, I wish I were fluent in Japanese... 5 semesters of taking it in college still isn't enough to play masterful RPGs like this [​IMG]

18. Nthenorm

Newcomer Nthenorm Advanced Member

Canada
    It's probably just a fansubbing error. The name sounds exactly the same in the game.

Loving the game so far. The plot is nothing like the anime. Morte is practically the opposite of her anime counterpart, and is much more likeable. There's quite a bit of voiced dialogue, which is the only way for me to understand what's going on.

19. knl

Member knl I can change this?

Brazil
    I ought to be reborn a Japanese in the next life, so I can not miss out on great games such as this.
    also, 2nd 2048 Mbit DS game out?

20. DarkSpace

Member DarkSpace Custom member title

United States
    Any one know how to get higher combos in a battle. I'm not sure of the controls in battle.