Gaming Looking for information on クルマでDS (DS in the Car or Kuruma de DS)

Nicky P

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi! I'm looking for information on a very obscure DS game called Kuruma de DS. I know that it's a game that uses Bluetooth to hook up to the Eclipse "AVN-ZX02i" and "AVN-Z02i" models of Navigation system (It might work on modern GPS systems, but I'm not sure if it does) and it gives you tourist information on where you are going and gives you quiz questions to answer. It's one of the only DS games to use Miis. I want to know if there is anyone who has played it or owns it/ has heard of it, and if so I have a few questions.
1. Does this game work with modern GPS systems
2. Does this game work in America (The gameplay I've seen in ads for the game and Eclipse Navigational System only go to places in Japan, so I'm wondering if I would be able to put in locations in America/around the world)

Reactions: Ryccardo
Trophies
XP
hey, Nicky P

i was from that youtube video and have some answers.

1. It is unknown that the game works with GPS systems and cars, although there is one car in Japan that has a built in feature that goes with the game. This maybe means that it only works with this car.

2. Well, it does work on Nintendo DS, or DSi because “Only for DSi” are region locked. That game was for any Nintendo DS system ( that isn’t 3DS systems ) Although I think it would just be in Japaneese.

Also, I noticed there are 8 copies of the DS game on the Japan Amazon website. Search up “クルマでDS Amazon” and I think you’ll find it.

If you have any other questions, please let me know.
Thank you.

-xtrnall

Reactions: Nicky P

Nicky P

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey, Nicky P

i was from that youtube video and have some answers.

1. It is unknown that the game works with GPS systems and cars, although there is one car in Japan that has a built in feature that goes with the game. This maybe means that it only works with this car.

2. Well, it does work on Nintendo DS, or DSi because “Only for DSi” are region locked. That game was for any Nintendo DS system ( that isn’t 3DS systems ) Although I think it would just be in Japaneese.

Also, I noticed there are 8 copies of the DS game on the Japan Amazon website. Search up “クルマでDS Amazon” and I think you’ll find it.

If you have any other questions, please let me know.
Thank you.

-xtrnall

Hello! Thanks for the answers! I purchased a copy a while ago, but I haven't been able to test it with modern GPS systems yet. I know that the game is in Japanese, but for question 2 I was asking if it would be possible to select locations that are in America. The game was only meant to be released in Japan, so I was wondering if when you input where you are going to on your DS, you could say that you wanted to go to somewhere in the US or any other country that isn't Japan and have the game function correctly.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hi! I'm looking for information on a very obscure DS game called Kuruma de DS. I know that it's a game that uses Bluetooth to hook up to the Eclipse "AVN-ZX02i" and "AVN-Z02i" models of Navigation system (It might work on modern GPS systems, but I'm not sure if it does) and it gives you tourist information on where you are going and gives you quiz questions to answer. It's one of the only DS games to use Miis. I want to know if there is anyone who has played it or owns it/ has heard of it, and if so I have a few questions.
1. Does this game work with modern GPS systems
2. Does this game work in America (The gameplay I've seen in ads for the game and Eclipse Navigational System only go to places in Japan, so I'm wondering if I would be able to put in locations in America/around the world)
I vaguely remember hearing something about this in the past.
I can't imagine it would work with new GPS systems today. Especially the in-car GPS systems are constantly getting changed and there is no standard for how it hooks up to the GPS software and gets information from it. That would be useful to have though so you could use your phone as a map screen or whatever for the built in GPS, regardless of which phone you had, which app you were using to connect it and which car/GPS system.

Nicky P

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't imagine it would work with new GPS systems today. Especially the in-car GPS systems are constantly getting changed and there is no standard for how it hooks up to the GPS software and gets information from it. That would be useful to have though so you could use your phone as a map screen or whatever for the built in GPS, regardless of which phone you had, which app you were using to connect it and which car/GPS system.

Would it be possible to use my phone as a makeshift Car GPS?

Trophies
XP
Hello! Thanks for the answers! I purchased a copy a while ago, but I haven't been able to test it with modern GPS systems yet. I know that the game is in Japanese, but for question 2 I was asking if it would be possible to select locations that are in America. The game was only meant to be released in Japan, so I was wondering if when you input where you are going to on your DS, you could say that you wanted to go to somewhere in the US or any other country that isn't Japan and have the game function correctly.
I think that it'll support your area. I believe that it is still unknown though.

Trophies
XP
It could work on 2012 or later cars, because this game was released in 2012. ( wrong about 2011 )

Last edited by Deleted member 548990,

Nicky P

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It could work on 2011 or later cars, because this game was released in 2011.
Well I dont think anyone ever tested it with modern cars... I havent seen any videos of the game being played except the original ads with the car that they were promoting, so we cant be sure that it does. It might not just connect with bluetooth. We dont really know.

Trophies
XP
Well I dont think anyone ever tested it with modern cars... I havent seen any videos of the game being played except the original ads with the car that they were promoting, so we cant be sure that it does. It might not just connect with bluetooth. We dont really know.
Have you seen this video about it yet?

I searched “クルマでDS” instead of “Kuruma De DS” on YouTube and the results are very suprising.

Nicky P

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you seen this video about it yet?

I searched “クルマでDS” instead of “Kuruma De DS” on YouTube and the results are very suprising.

Yeah. I've seen those. Those are the original videos that are a commercial for the game and the Car/ GPS that it is proven to work with

Last edited by Nicky P,
Trophies
XP
I found some interesting images on Google about some of the game’s information.
1354246536423085.jpg

1354246536383172.jpg

images

120516_fujitsuten_04.jpg

Nicky P

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm. So does that mean it will only work with those GPS systems since it says "please use with ECLIPSE AVN-ZX021 and AVN-ZO2i"

Trophies
XP
Hmm. So does that mean it will only work with those GPS systems since it says "please use with ECLIPSE AVN-ZX021 and AVN-ZO2i"
I think so. But maybe there could be a way to get all cars GPS link with the game if you add something to the game’s data.

UPDATE: But, since it says “Bluetooth” do you think it could work with other cars?

Last edited by Deleted member 548990,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: but well atleast my game tv stick can, @Psionic Roshambo