Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm on the edge card 2.1

yeah, after murdaw, instead of waking up in my home town, i wake up back at the fire with ol' girl.

i'm going to try loading up a save file to see if i can skip over that part.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
VeXis said:
Ugh cant find it!

TrolleyDave said:
Please try and keep the "I've found it", "I'm downloading it now" and similar style posts clear of this thread. It makes it harder to read for the people coming here looking for information on things like the AP and the like. Thanks guys.
smile.gif

Wolvenreign said:
Report: the XXXX-DQVIRORMX release triggers the dream looping AP on CycloDS Evolution, Firmware 2.1.

Crono2000 said:
I sent the file to my buddy and on (our) R4 with Wood 1.15 and the it's getting the dream loop. Ugh.

PeregrinFig said:
No dream loop on the DSTWO's Patched mode. If I get there quickly I'll report on if the second town has its NPCs.

Edit: Post disappeared.

Sylar1 said:
So far the dream doesn't seem to be looping on Acekard 2.1 with AKAIO 1.8.1

QUOTE(blazeitup52 @ Feb 16 2011, 08:09 PM)
I'm on the edge card 2.1

yeah, after murdaw, instead of waking up in my home town, i wake up back at the fire with ol' girl.

i'm going to try loading up a save file to see if i can skip over that part.

QUOTE(AsPika2219 @ Feb 16 2011, 08:09 PM)
Is time to play the games and make the codes!

QUOTE(Wolvenreign @ Feb 16 2011, 08:10 PM)
People's posts are disappearing! Am I going mad?!

Edit: Can people see this now?

Here you go, don't know why the posts disappeared, though.

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I started seeing this at the top of the site soon after reliable reports of a legit dump surfaced:
Code:
IPB WARNING [2] preg_replace() [function.preg-replace]: Unknown modifier ')' (Line: 1032 of /sources/global_functions.php)
IPB WARNING [2] preg_replace() [function.preg-replace]: Unknown modifier ')' (Line: 1032 of /sources/global_functions.php)
And posts look like they're disappearing.

Could this be the beginning of a n00b flood asking for ROMz?

PeregrinFig

A miserable little pile of secrets
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Got to the second town. (I need to go back to the cliffs for all the treasure I left, lol) It's full of NPCs. AP appears to be totally bypassed on the DSTWO's Patched mode.

My posts keep vanishing.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Densetsu3000 said:
I started seeing this at the top of the site soon after reliable reports of a legit dump surfaced:
Code:
And posts look like they're disappearing.

Could this be the beginning of a n00b flood asking for ROMz?

Seems to be board wide. Posts with quotes, links or spoilers seem to be unaffected, it's just clean posts that are having the problem.

Gonna lock this thread up for a short time while the problem is worked on to stop it becoming full of "Where's my post" type posts.
smile.gif

blazeitup52

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
am i allowed to post the link to the patch?

or hex edit:
000E5A6D: 8F → 8E
000E5A6F: E0 → 36
000E5B0D: 45 → 44
000E5B0F: E0 → 36
000E5BAD: 1A → 19
000E5BAF: E0 → 36
000E5C4D: 9C → 9B
000E5C4F: E0 → 36

i don't know if it fixes every problem, but it got me past the dream loop.

Wolvenreign

Transhuman Satanist Furry Technocrat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
blazeitup52 said:
am i allowed to post the link to the patch?

or hex edit:
000E5A6D: 8F ? 8E
000E5A6F: E0 ? 36
000E5B0D: 45 ? 44
000E5B0F: E0 ? 36
000E5BAD: 1A ? 19
000E5BAF: E0 ? 36
000E5C4D: 9C ? 9B
000E5C4F: E0 ? 36

i don't know if it fixes every problem, but it got me past the dream loop.

I found the patch on FileTrip.

http://filetrip.net/f24040-Dragon-Quest-VI...-Patch-1-0.html

However, when I run it, it just shouts something in Japanese at me and then the program closes. The only thing included in it is OpenPatch.exe and GameList.txt. I think OpenPatch is a patching application, but the actual patch itself wasn't included in the download.

Edit: Lol, nvm. You have to open the nds file WITH OpenPatch. Testing the patch now, will run to haggletown first thing. (On CycloDS Evolution Firmware 2.1.)

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Wolvenreign said:
However, when I run it, it just shouts something in Japanese at me and then the program closes. The only thing included in it is OpenPatch.exe and GameList.txt. I think OpenPatch is a patching application, but the actual patch itself wasn't included in the download.

Edit: Lol, nvm. You have to open the nds file WITH OpenPatch. Testing the patch now, will run to haggletown first thing. (On CycloDS Evolution Firmware 2.1.)
If you run OpenPatch.exe by double-clicking it, it will tell you "????????????????" which translates into "Please drag the file onto the patch." The instructions are both in the FileTrip file description AND in the right panel of the archive when you open it in WinRAR.

When you use it properly it says "??????????????" This means "Do you want to make a backup?" And finally "??????" just means "Finished patching!"

I'm sure you already figured it out, but I just thought I'd let people know what the Japanese means, as well as alert people to the two different locations of the instructions.

trev1

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
VeXis said:
Where is this dream loop? Ive been playing and havent had any problems.
it refers to the dream scene in the beginning of the game...and around the first town...(or second?) thats where the a.p lies...i wouldnt know...i put out the cash for a dstwo...everyone should..work hard (for cash)...and we play hard.....of easier? lol

in the end the dstwo is worth saving for or spending the extra budget for....

blazeitup52

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
VeXis said:

the dream loop is at the beginning. after getting through to the boss guy, he levitates all three of you and then you wake up in your home town with tania... well the dream loop makes it so you wake up at the very very beginning again at the fireplace. you can never get to your home town, so you can't really start the game.

Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
blazeitup52 said:
VeXis said:

the dream loop is at the beginning. after getting through to the boss guy, he levitates all three of you and then you wake up in your home town with tania... well the dream loop makes it so you wake up at the very very beginning again at the fireplace. you can never get to your home town, so you can't really start the game.
That is a strange anti-piracy measure. Hmm...

It makes the game appear to be a dream within a dream within a dream, so on and so forth.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: good morning everyone