Dragon Quest VI: Realms of Revelation Hype Thread

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by EvangelionEX, Jan 16, 2011.

1. EvangelionEX
    OP

Member EvangelionEX GBAtemp Regular

Singapore
    [​IMG]

Dragon Quest IV: Realms of Revelation.

DRAGON QUEST VI: Realms of Revelation features a rich storyline that leads players through a multitude of captivating worlds as they gather allies and battle fierce monsters on a quest to defeat evil forces. With updated graphics and more than 15 character classes to choose from, new and experienced players alike can dive headlong into the timeless role-playing excitement of the DRAGON QUEST franchise anytime, anywhere. They can even enjoy special features such as switching between character classes and letting monsters, such as Slimes, join their party.

Originally released in 1995 for Japan's Super Famicom system (known in the U.S. as Super NES™), DRAGON QUEST VI: Realms of Revelation challenges players to explore multiple worlds as they confront the many problems caused by the evil Murdaw. Players can choose from nine starting classes and unlock others as they progress through the game.[/p]

Well, I'm pretty excited about the new DQ game. XD​

2. Ron

Member Ron somehow a weeb now.

Canada
    Just added it to the index on my iPod touch. May I suggest using paragraph tags instead for the description? Here's the code
    Code:
    [p= ]text here[/p]

3. EvangelionEX
    OP

Member EvangelionEX GBAtemp Regular

Singapore
    Done. Sorry I have school nowadays so I'm abit busy to update sometimes. [​IMG]

4. Isaac_GS

Newcomer Isaac_GS Advanced Member

United States
    Can't Wait!!!! What's everyone going to name the hero? I'm thinking BluGohan unless I come up with something else.

5. Rumsie

Member Rumsie GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    when is this going to be released?

6. SignZ

Member SignZ Timelord

Germany
    Dragon Quest VI: Realms of Revelation Nintendo 02/14/11 US
    I didn't play the Japanese one, does it have some WiFi Bonus or anything new since the SNES version?

7. impizkit

Member impizkit Lazy Lurker

Australia
    Here is a good description.

8. Satangel

Member Satangel BEAST

Belgium
    God, the DS is really turning out to be such a great system for DQ games. I love it.
    I'm currently playing DQ VIII on PCSX2, god, what an awesome game. So glad I can finally play it, it's superb! After that I'll start with some DQ games on the DS, there are plenty so I can't go wrong [​IMG]

9. MrWily

Newcomer MrWily Member

Sweden
    Oh yeah, I was planning on buying DQ VIII cause I've played them all on the DS, is it better than DQ IX? Or similar? Going through some old classics on the ps2 atm... [​IMG]

I would name the hero Wily as per usual, just hoping for my iSmart to arrive soon.

10. Satangel

Member Satangel BEAST

Belgium
    I've never played any other DQ RPG game next to DQ IV, so I can't really compare.
    I find it very good for the graphics which are superb (especially with that emulator, just awesome, it's PS2 in HD quality [​IMG]), big overworld and humour.
    According to GameRankings it is the best DQ game out there, and that wouldn't surprise me actually. It's so deep, I've read stories of people putting in more than 120 hours and still not being done with it, just plain awesome. I usually get tired of a game after 20 hours, but with this, I can't say when I'll get tired of it. Amazing stuff.

11. Depravo

Global Moderator Depravo Jaded curmudgeon

United Kingdom
    I would say it's as good as if not better. It's very similar although there's no job system. It's a lot bigger too.

12. MrWily

Newcomer MrWily Member

Sweden
    I've read that it is supposed to be the best out of the DQs and I'm definitely buying it, but there are just so many games to play these days, it's crazy... can't keep up.

Does anyone know if there is a lot of multiplayer/wifi features in DQ VI?

13. danweb

Member danweb GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    a little bit off topic but if you have a ds and gba you can play all the final fantasy games from 1-6. I thought it fitted this topic as final fantasy is similar to dragon quest. [​IMG]

14. void03

Newcomer void03 Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    Can't wait to play this. This and Radiant Historia for the DS will keep me busy for a while.
    Hope it'll get some good exposure like DQ9 did.

15. rody2k6

Member rody2k6 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Dang, I am getting this game for my AK2i, but damn I got Kingdom of Hearts Re-Coded, Golden Sun dark dawn, DQ Starry Skies, Chrono Trigger, Legend of Zelda Hourglass, The World Ends with You

and probably 2 more games to finish before I get to this new DQ!

DAMN DAMN! to top it off, I got my 360 also - DAMN IT, I hate having a flashcart due to this, you get greedy and get all the awesome games but then no time to play

16. AsPika2219

Member AsPika2219 Pikachu going beach!

Malaysia
    I already playing the SNES version before. So, is time to waiting for DS version soon! [​IMG]

17. Chesskid1

Member Chesskid1 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    word on the street is this has been appearing in stores and only a few days till release so bump [​IMG]

dragon quest games are amazing, buy this people.

18. Chaotik

Member Chaotik GBAtemp Regular

Portugal
    Lots of people on NeoGAF have the game already ;x

Let's hope for a early dump.

19. SaddQ

Member SaddQ GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    I'm just wondering whether this game will be released in Europe. It's one of the last games I'm actually buying.

20. demitrius

Member demitrius GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I have it. Amazing game. You should buy it.