ROM Hack Dragon Quest IX menu translation

Veign06

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RedHero said:
1. Download an unpatched DQ9 rom
2. Put it in a folder (and give it any name other than DQ9.nds)
3. Download both of the things from the links in the quoted post.
4. Download the fix (sorry, couldn't find link to the fix anymore... hope you have it or can find it yourself)
5. Put them in the same folder, and extract if necessary (may need Winrar for it, which you probably already have)
6. Start up "xdeltaUI"
7. Make sure you're on the "apply patch" tab
8. For "patch", select "dq9_patch1.patch.xdelta"
9. For "source file", select the DQ9 rom.
10. For "output file", name it DQ9.nds
11. Select the "patch" button. A 0 kb file is created, but after waiting 10-30 seconds, it will be around 230 MB and you should get the message that it was a success.
12. Use the fix.

After that, it should work. I hope it helps.

Okay, I get all that...but the problem I had is your very last step lol. Came to the same output. I got the clean rom, patched it with this translation (which does create a 0 file and then turns into a file about 229ish). However, when I go to apply the fix, instead of patching it then gives me a patched.nds file which is 0kb and stays 0.

So, maybe its the fix patch? Here is the fix I found and used:
QUOTE(iNFiNiTY @ Jul 9 2009, 06:14 AM) http://www.sendspace.com/file/hdd1z3

heres a fix for any carts it doesnt work on
It gives me 3 files:
1. cvn-dq9-patch (MS-DOS Batch File -- used to auto execute and apply the patch)
2. cvn-dq9-patched.fix (FIX File)
3. xdelta (which I guess the msdos file uses to patch, dunno Im a noob)

So, when I try to use the MSDOS to patch the fix into the newly made translation copy, it does not work properly I guess. It gives me the 0kb patched file...I dont know if it is b/c the translation one trims the rom or what. Lol, good stuff
biggrin.gif

Isaac_GS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Golio is not doing the patch. It's up to Noitora to add what Golio translates to the patch.
Personally, I'm hoping the next patch will have a fix built in, since RedHero's method does not work for me either. No offense Redhero, but I've been following every instruction in this thread, and your method simply does not work for the same reasons already stated. Are you using a different version of xdelta?

Veign06

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Isaac_GS said:
Golio is not doing the patch. It's up to Noitora to add what Golio translates to the patch.
Personally, I'm hoping the next patch will have a fix built in, since RedHero's method does not work for me either. No offense Redhero, but I've been following every instruction in this thread, and your method simply does not work for the same reasons already stated. Are you using a different version of xdelta?
Exactly. I am hoping for the fix added in too, just like the patch for Kingdom Hearts...which I just now grabbed, seems to have worked perfect.

Isaac_GS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
clegion said:
still no, this is a menu translation after all he just posted the story script, the game going to be localized in the us though so just wait for it
I don't know... Dragon Quest VIII was hardly a million seller in the states (from what I've read, it might not have even hit 500,000), and the way Square treats the Chrono Series is making me think that they might not translate it here after all. Best case scenario, they're waiting until the localization is far along enough that they can meet the first date they announce for English-speaking shores.

clegion

Trophies
Website
cfatalis.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
they translate dq4 and dq5 which previously never get to the states as i have read from somewhere, there should be no reason why they shouldn't do this one, i still think they will announce it sometimes later(square already make to much announcement)

eternalsteel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DQ V never made it state side until this year. It was a japan exclusive for 15 years. DQ IV did come to the US under the name Dragon Warrior IV for the nes. Dragon Quest cannot be compared to the Chrono Series. I am one of the biggest Chrono fans, however, the fact remains that SE cares a WHOLE LOT more about DQ than they do Chrono.

Furthermore, as people have stated, SE is partnering with nintendo to promote DQ over seas. Moreover, US is getting side games like DQ jokers and rocket slime. Those sold even worse than DQ IV and V. I have no doubt that DQ IX will come to US, it is just a matter of when. Personally, I expect a US release date at TGS 09. However, Europe might not be so lucky. SE has never really liked europe.

donelwero

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
Ok.. well. I did a new translation patch. There's more translated. See for yourself.
You don't need to patch the rom twice: Fix patch and Translation Patch.

Just use this patch on a clean rom. I'm using an Acekard 2i (AKAIO).

Here's the link. Translation patch Using Xdelta is way too easy. So please try it before asking how to use it.

I forgot to rename the patch... I think it is something like patch2.xdelta.

Remember to use it on a clean rom. Don't use the fix patch. Hope it works for you guys

eternalsteel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
whats new in this patch? I just used it and it seems worse than the original.

The menu is back to japanese. Only thing in english is the start menu options.

Am i missing something?

donelwero

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
I translated the stats, some magic spells, jobs, and in-battle menu. I can't find the menu noitora translated, so I'll take a look at his patch right now. And I think that anyone will be able to play it with no problems on their console.

killerpixel

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.killerpixel.org
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible for anyone to provide a link to a ROM with a translation patch? My clean Caravan crashes on my 2.6a NO$GBA at the white screen every time... It even crashes before patching...

Please, some help!
sad.gif

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Not sure if anyone has noticed, but I'm constantly updating the storyline translation. It's slow because I'm working alone, but I'll keep filling in the storyline as I progress through the game.

Click here.

*EDIT 1*
killerpixel said:
Is it possible for anyone to provide a link to a ROM with a translation patch?
Nope, not possible.

*EDIT 2*
I've started a new thread containing everything from the link above, but I won't be updating the above link any more. Check here for updates.

eternalsteel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Densetsu3000 said:
Not sure if anyone has noticed, but I'm constantly updating the storyline translation. It's slow because I'm working alone, but I'll keep filling in the storyline as I progress through the game.

Click here.

*EDIT*
killerpixel said:
Is it possible for anyone to provide a link to a ROM with a translation patch?
Nope, not possible.

I LOVE YOU

eternalsteel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ya donelwero, the stats are translated in the field menu screen but not in lvl up menu screen just to let you know. Otherwise GREAT JOB.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work