ROM Hack Dragon Quest IX menu translation

Ultraseven

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RedHero said:
They were intending to turn it in an action RPG like back in 2006, but that fans didn't like it and they made it turn-based instead.

bluemax said:
So I tried the following:

1. Attempted to apply the patch to a patched ROM with Inifinity's patch from yesterday. No go on this one.

2. Applied the patch to a clean ROM, which did work. Game loads up fine on my R4 and my save loaded fine as well but nothing looks different. I'm in the town with the pink cotton trees and all the menus still appear in Japanese.

I tried it to a clean ROM as well. Didn't work for me. Gave an error at first, but not anymore. Now it just says Done and nothing happens.

EDIT: Ignore this post, I solved the problems.

And just how did you do that?

Ultraseven

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can patch the English menu patch to a clean rom and play on an emulator but you can't patch the Infinity fix patch to it to play on your DS.
And you cant patch the English menu patch to a rom that's already been patched by the Infinity fix patch.

eternalsteel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great work on the patch noitora.
yaypsp.gif
Does the current patch include weapons and skills? Just curious because I want to make sure I ran the patch right.

Thanks and keep up the great work.

Goli

RPG
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
eternalsteel said:
Great work on the patch noitora.
yaypsp.gif
Does the current patch include weapons and skills? Just curious because I want to make sure I ran the patch right.

Thanks and keep up the great work.
Remember!
me
and
k1ra(some settings names, some church options, correcting)
densetsu3000(some story translation)
miss ds_lite(lots skill names)
have also worked even if just a little on this!

Veign06

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
golio514 said:
coward117 said:
Veign06 said:
Damn cant get this to work on the fixed version. I ran it thru on the original clean rom and it said successful...but get the white screen. Tried the exact same thing with the fixed rom and it doesnt allow me to try and patch it (renamed everything like it was the clean rom but it says invalid). Oh well.

I don't think this is a problem caused by the flashcard maybe he uses a clean rom (not fixed). But I wonder on what flashcard he's using it.

It's not that he can't play the fixed and patched ver. on his flashcard, the thing is he CAN'T PATCH THE FIXED VERSION(I can't either for some reason!!).
So obviously this isn't related to the flashcard.
Yeah, exactly. I patched with the fix no problem. I got the fixed rom to work by itself...just couldnt patch the fixed rom like I could the clean one (assuming it worked, tho i couldnt actually tell b/c it freezes on the DS). Also, just b/c it was asked, I am using an AK2i.

QUOTE(Noitora @ Jul 10 2009, 10:30 PM)
Which is the fix, I ain't bothering to search, It seems that I'll have to include it in the next patch.
Thanks for the work Noitora, will be checkin in for this...hopefully soon. Really appreciate it!
smile.gif

*EDIT*
...and to ^^^ Thanks! Hopefully we get this working soon.

Goli

RPG
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
eternalsteel said:
thank you golio,k1ra, and densetsu3000 too. However, could you answer my intial question please golio?
I would if I could, but for some reason, if I try to run the patched version on no$gba I get a message in japanese, however since my japanese skills aren't advanced I can't really understand what it says, but it just resets me back to the SE logo.
I think it's just the battle menu though.
Oh and you totally forgot poor miss_dslite

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so lemme get this straight. We can't play the translation patch on our DS yet. I just need a verification cuz i see yes and no all over the place.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FzVN9kIUNxw +1