ROM Hack Dragon Quest IX menu translation

donelwero

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
Lol... Scared me... I'm not that good with this... so I spent a lot of time doing it. I know it is not much, but I'll try to keep translating as much as I can. Maybe Noitora can work on my patch to translate the text I missed.

Noitora

::
Trophies
Website
www.noitora.eu.pn
XP
Country
Greece
donelwero said:
Lol... Scared me... I'm not that good with this... so I spent a lot of time doing it. I know it is not much, but I'll try to keep translating as much as I can. Maybe Noitora can work on my patch to translate the text I missed.
Here are some things you should know:
most of the strings are in *.nat files in bin\menu
some other strings are in files in the prm (?) folder
Double byte characters don't take much space on the screen but you have to repoint the text.
Single byte characters take more space than the other characters but they take more space on the screen.

I lost interest in the game since I don't really know what to do next, in case you don't get it I ain't updating the patch anymore.

donelwero

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
I meant the menu text i missed. It's ok. I really wasn't expecting you to keep working on a game that will probably get localized. And thanks for the info.

BTW Do you remember where the field menu text is?? I've found what seems to be that text. But it keeps showing as japanese. So idk where to find it anymore.

Noitora

Trophies
Website
www.noitora.eu.pn
XP
Country
Greece
donelwero said:
I meant the menu text i missed. It's ok. I really wasn't expecting you to keep working on a game that will probably get localized. And thanks for the info.
I don't really know why I was quoting you, I'm hella drunk now, not the best time to post.

Ultraseven

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just for the record, donelwero's patch does not trim the rom so using the infinity fix works on his patch. Good job mate
yaynds.gif

donelwero

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
Yup, you got it! That's what I was trying to do. So everyone can play it and have some text translated too. Still looking for that damn field menu text.

Well... not help form Noitora today. Lol

@Noitora: Salud Compadre!!
grog.gif

WrSmega

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
JUST to be sure, Golio, is this patch have both the fix and the english menu? I applied the patch to a clean rom and it doesn't show the menu in english

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
heyy donelwero ur patch that u released earlier is grand so far. It got past the freeze issue for me. Nicely done, and Thanks Noitora and the entire team. I feel so useless. -.-

Veign06

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
donelwero said:
Yup, you got it! That's what I was trying to do. So everyone can play it and have some text translated too. Still looking for that damn field menu text.
Thanks for your work too Donelwero! About to try yours out now. Please keep it up! And someone please show him where/how to find the menus to be translated!
wink.gif

donelwero

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
Veign06 said:
donelwero said:
Thanks for your work too Donelwero! About to try yours out now. Please keep it up! And someone please show him where/how to find the menus to be translated!
wink.gif

Yeah! That would be very helpful!
laugh.gif

miss_DSlite

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
donelwero said:
Veign06 said:
donelwero said:
wink.gif

Yeah! That would be very helpful!
laugh.gif

very good donelwero keep it up im sure u can do it
biggrin.gif

Noitora

Trophies
Website
www.noitora.eu.pn
XP
Country
Greece
dreassica said:
Noitora said:
KingdomBlade said:
If you you're drunk, then why is your grammar so proper?
Do you forget how to speak when you're drunk?

Only it's typing, not speaking. It requires fingers and coordination that tends to be impaired when drunk
tongue.gif
Maybe I wasn't as drunk as I thought :/
anyway, let's end the offtopic chat here.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/ykuU8hnotr0?si=HzEN_fL2UyOn35HQ