ROM Hack DQMJ2P partial translation

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
InuYasha said:
So i'm a retard for pointing out what version were getting? lol thats funny...
I'm pretty sure they meant to call developers retarded, not you. Retarded for giving us an older and less awesome version of a game, when a superior one already exists.
tongue.gif

By the way, did they actually SAY specifically it was the regular version? Or was the logo just indicating it had the original regular title? Because they may have just included the professional stuff and not updated the US title.

InuYasha

Professional Coke Fiend
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
granville said:
InuYasha said:
So i'm a retard for pointing out what version were getting? lol thats funny...
I'm pretty sure they meant to call developers retarded, not you. Retarded for giving us an older and less awesome version of a game, when a superior one already exists.
tongue.gif

By the way, did they actually SAY specifically it was the regular version? Or was the logo just indicating it had the original regular title? Because they may have just included the professional stuff and not updated the US title.

Joker 2
Over 300 monsters
Red wiggly
Main char wears red

Joker 2pro

Over 400 monsters
Black wiggly
Main char wears blue

And all the info I saw posted had joker 2 written all over it...

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
InuYasha said:
And all the info I saw posted had joker 2 written all over it...

Hopefully it'll be Pro but they'll keep it as just "Joker 2" in the US. Seems kinda silly to release a game here and imply it is the "Pro" version when there's no previous version to compare it to. Like they released God(s) Eater Burst here without releasing the original (although they kept "Burst" in the name, probably because it sounded good anyway).

Either way, it should be a good game. It'd be a bummer if it wasn't Pro, though.

personperson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just a question - Would it be possible to use the english script from DQMJ2 that they are releasing to translate the parts of the game that are the same as the Professional version? It would probably save time and the translators would only have to work on the parts that are exclusive to Professional. I know nothing about hacking roms, but I assume if you can get the script from Professional and put in your own translations you could do the same with the official translation to help finish Professional.

On another note, great work on the translation so far.

SOuimet

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes it would probably be possible. I would be able to extract just about every thing from a non pro english version to put in a pro original jap version.

However, my personal opinion is that we'll be getting the pro version, but they just showed what they already had translated from the non pro for the E3.
My guess is that they're working on the Pro version, and it wasn't ready yet to be shown.

Anyway, I'll be ready both ways.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm very happy to hear that Souilet. I just hope you don't forget about us between now and then. I for one am very appreciative, this game is inexplicably overlooked, I mean it's the highest grossing non pokemon game on NDS and barely anyone pays attention it. August 28th is the release date so I can't wait to see what you can do with converting the text into pro.

limpbiz411

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dqmj2 just released, maybe we can use some files from that game to replace at least more than half the text from Dqmj2PRO? Anyone willing to try it first post results.

I am going to work on it myself but i haven't done anything with NDS files in a long time. So hopefully someone with more knowledge will step up to the plate.

Celice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's what I've been hoping, that it's like the FFXII Zodiac Version where the U.S. text was able to be transplanted almost directly over and be fine.

pleeeaaasssseeee

limpbiz411

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i took a look at the files between DQMJ2PRO and the US DQMJ2, and it's really strange their are more than 2x the amount of files in the us version. I thought it would be the other way around.

Still working on this, but i don't think i can do it. I really hope someone looks at this that knows what they are doing.

dan80315

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Let's hope it's possible to translate the Japanese Pro version with the added help from the English DQMJ2.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: Or, I also heard that if you use flash memory, it can act as more "RAM" at least windows tell me...