ROM Hack DQMJ2P partial translation

RikkF

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How can I apply the AP patch and the english patch in the same ROM? I tried to AP patch the english ROM, and vice versa, and it always errored me out :/

InuYasha

Professional Coke Fiend
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You have to first apply the english patch,then you have to hex edit to fix the AP...of course the 2nd step is only needed if your flash card doesn't have an update fixing the game...

Paranoid Mouse C

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Enigmaboy1337 said:
Thank you for the fast reply. I know what HEX string to edit, but what program do I use? I dont hex edit since 1st kh for nds...

yaynds.gif

http://mh-nexus.de/en/hxd/
Download
cXATNl.jpg

SOuimet

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
KaelKazaki said:
How much does this patch translate? Is it just the monsters as described in the initial topic post?

Well, right now, there's the full monster list, but also (not complete, but usable) items, skills, traits, skillsets, resistances, the menu, breeding and shop, a big part of the battle text and I'm starting the dialogs. I'm probably forgetting things.

There's a couple of beta-testers that help get non-translated stuff, so it's slowly getting done.

KaelKazaki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
SOuimet said:
KaelKazaki said:
How much does this patch translate? Is it just the monsters as described in the initial topic post?

Well, right now, there's the full monster list, but also (not complete, but usable) items, skills, traits, skillsets, resistances, the menu, breeding and shop, a big part of the battle text and I'm starting the dialogs. I'm probably forgetting things.

There's a couple of beta-testers that help get non-translated stuff, so it's slowly getting done.

Sounds good. I love these games and this is the number 1 game that I wanted to see hitting USA shores as far as DS goes. Keep doing what you're doing.

SOuimet

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
After finding a couple of hacking docs here, I managed to get more space available by extracting the files and reinsterting them back after modification. So the patch will be improved a lot with this. However, I have yet to find the dialog compression algo. It's very lightly compressed (almost no compression, most of the text bytes are directly available, could be LZ77 if I read correctly the description). However, I cannot decompress currently (no tools and not sure of the results). Maybe some hacking gurus can help me on that part (getting the right tools and helping decompress). I would be able to do a lot more after.

Anyway, it's progressing.

Cheren

Pokemon Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
This Game will be Released in North America on August 30,but this is just some Rumour that I Have Heard

Dann Woolf

Deadpan Snarker
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
InuYasha said:
From the looks of it and the info that was posted it seems to be the non-pro version coming not the pro version...

And that, my friend, is a textbook example of what experts in the field call "going full retard".

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Que dices?