Homebrew Official [Download] Decrypt9 - Open Source Decryption Tools (WIP)

• Thread starter d0k3
  • Start date
  • Views 838,658
  • Replies 4,476
  • Likes 71

Inochi.no.Zenmai

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay. I noticed both of them are demos. Also tried it with non demos? Also, is there any chance you had the full titles installed for these demos in the meantime? Or maybe even did some modifications to the files?

EDIT: Oh. Well, the problem here is, you got that stuff from eShop. This feature creates legit CIAs, which can be installed without CFW (from HBL, f.e.). Problem here is: These CIAs contain your console unique ID, meaning, they can only be installed back to the console they came from.

If I removed that limitation, the generated CIAs wouldn't be legit anymore. Most of your installed CIAs are not legit anyways, though (came from *cough* other sources), so I'll need to think about this problem.

EDIT2: Long story short, try this build to transfer stuff between consoles. Let me know if it works for you:
https://transfer.sh/Tr7ik/decrypt9wip-20161015-174153.zip

That bricked me...

Just joking. Only tried the Smash Bros one, but I could install it just fine extracting the CIA with that build. I'll be using this one from now on lol

The demos were indeed downloaded from the eShop, no modifications at all.

I think the program could create legit CIAs when it is required or available, and otherwise just create an ordinary CIA that can be installed with CFW, right? This is just me blindly throwing arrows.

Thanks for your work.

Reactions: d0k3

ih8ih8sn0w

Koreaboo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(All of these were installed to my sysnand)
Tried dumping the OR 1.4 update from my jpn sysnand, also has a cert signature or hash check failed error. (this title was obtained through the eshop afaik)
Dump of the MCU Bricker cia succeeded in installing. (just picked a random file to convert)
Random dev app I had in emunand successfully dumped and installed to my sysnand.
CTRAging dump installed correctly (from sysnand)
edit: going to try that build with some legit titles.

Last edited by ih8ih8sn0w,

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
That bricked me...
Good one :P

I think the program could create legit CIAs when it is required or available, and otherwise just create an ordinary CIA that can be installed with CFW, right? This is just me blindly throwing arrows.

Thanks for your work.
Yeah, this is basically how this test build works. It will create legit CIA from legit installed content unless said legit installed content is console unique (= installed from eShop). @ih8ih8sn0w maybe also try this test build? (see my last post)

Reactions: Inochi.no.Zenmai

Mikemk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just curious, what was used before decrypt9 added it's installed content to CIA thing.
Edit: to clarify, how would one have dumped an installed game before this feature was added.
You download it directly from Nintendo's servers using FunKeyCIA, CIAngel, CDN-FX, or dump a cartridge to CIA.

Last edited by Mikemk,
Reactions: GilgameshArcher

Inochi.no.Zenmai

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, this is basically how this test build works. It will create legit CIA from legit installed content unless said legit installed content is console unique (= installed from eShop). @ih8ih8sn0w maybe also try this test build? (see my last post)

Alright, I found a new one. This is NSMB2 Gold Edition. I extracted the CIA with the test build. The error code is different from those derived from the demos.

EDIT. Well, I went on to check, and the game does not show anymore in the home menu of the original console. With FBI, I confirmed the ticket has been MIA. I didn't uninstall it, much less deleted the ticket alone. I guess that's why it's giving a non working CIA. The app files are still in the Nintendo 3DS folder, thus making D9 able to continue the process.

EDIT 2. Reinstalled the ticket with Shameless, the game showed up again. Recreated the CIA with the test build, and it's working now in another console.

Attachments

• IMG_20161015_185202.jpg
    IMG_20161015_185202.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 129
Last edited by Inochi.no.Zenmai,
Reactions: d0k3

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, I didn't.
No you did miss the part where I said installed game. And my main reason for wondering is the fact that we had legit cias, which I assume means there had to be some way to dump installed titles before Decrypt9 added the feature. I'm fairly certain you can't download legit games from cdn unless I am guessing wrong.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

Mikemk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No you did miss the part where I said installed game. And my main reason for wondering is the fact that we had legit cias, which I assume means there had to be some way to dump installed titles before Decrypt9 added the feature. I'm fairly certain you can't download legit games from cdn unless I am guessing wrong.

The title key had to be dumped to download from CDN. The title key is also used to make a ticket for legit CIAs.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I used Decrypt9 to dump my ticket.db and then I used CDN-FX to create the CIA of what I wanted.

redunka

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
OK, I tried to summarize everything I learned about GBA VC save compatibility,
hope this will help other people with save injection.
Corrections or more information will be appreciated.

First of all, you should check two things for your game: save type and save size.
For checking rom's save type you can use GBATA. It will also be useful for patching roms to SRAM.
Make sure that your GBA VC can actually save, especially if you converted it yourself.
Launch it, play a little, save and exit, launch it again and see if save is still there.
If you get "Save corrupted" or "Save failed" message, your game will require patching.
However, if game does save fine, it may be good to dump its save with Decrypt9,
There’s a chance that game was patched, so it's save type/size may differ from clean rom.
Read information about various GBA saves under spoiler.
SRAM/FRAM save type

There shouldn't be any problems with those.

FLASH save type

Save size less than 128kb:

Same as SRAM, it shouldn't cause any problems.

128kb saves, save type FLASH1M:

These are not supported by AGB_FIRM.
All games that use that kind of save will require patching to save properly.
Examples: all Pokémon games, Super Mario Advance 4.
Leaf Green/Fire Red and Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald require hex editing, as described here or here.
Other games (SMA4 and Pokémon Mystery Dungeon) can be fixed by patching their save type to SRAM.
Alternatively, you can use these IPS patches: for all Pokémon games, for Super Mario Advance 4.
Patching will change save size, dump save with Decrypt9 to check which exactly size game uses now.
If you want to inject 128kb save into patched game, you'll have to trim save first with this app.
Just drag and drop your save onto .exe and type in the size that patched game uses.

EEPROM save type

512b saves:

Not supported by AGB_FIRM.
To fix saving you should patch games' save type to SRAM.
Again, this'll change save size and you will have to pad your save before injecting it into VC.
For padding you just have to add a bunch of zeroes or FF’s to the end of the save file,
you can use the same app as for trimming 128kb FLASH1M saves (read above),
just type in required bigger size.

8kb saves:

These EEPROM saves kind of supported by AGB_FIRM.
Such games will be able to save even without patching.
Yet you can't inject regular 8kb EEPROM save as is.
Here’s what you have to do:
1. Open your save with Hex Workshop;
2. Then do: "Tools->Operations->Byte Flip"
3. Choose "Treat Data As: 64 Bit Unsigned Quad"
4. Press "OK" and save the file.
5. Rename save file and try to inject, it should work.
Last thing I want to add: before injecting a save it’d be better to reinstall your VC CIA
and launch it once (only launch, don’t play and don’t save).

Excuse me if all that text looks too confusing, I did my best. :blush:
I'm not very good at expaining stuff, especially in foreign language.
Feel free to ask if you have any questions.

Mikemk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
8kb saves:

These EEPROM saves kind of supported by AGB_FIRM.
Such games will be able to save even without patching.
Yet you can't inject regular 8kb EEPROM save as is.
Here’s what you have to do:
1. Open your save with Hex Workshop;
2. Then do: "Tools->Operations->Byte Flip"
3. Choose "Treat Data As: 64 Bit Unsigned Quad"
4. Press "OK" and save the file.
5. Rename save file and try to inject, it should work.
[/SPOILER]
Last thing I want to add: before injecting a save it’d be better to reinstall your VC CIA
and launch it once (only launch, don’t play and don’t save).

Excuse me if all that text looks too confusing, I did my best. :blush:
I'm not very good at expaining stuff, especially in foreign language.
Feel free to ask if you have any questions.
This didn't work for me. I was able to get the save to look how it's supposed to using the hex editor, but D9 didn't inject it still. I suspect it has something to do with the fact that it's going to the home menu between the GBA game and D9.

redunka

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
This didn't work for me. I was able to get the save to look how it's supposed to using the hex editor, but D9 didn't inject it still. I suspect it has something to do with the fact that it's going to the home menu between the GBA game and D9.
Did you reinstall your game before injection as I suggested?

Reinstall it, launch it once and go back to Home Menu. Turn off the console.
Copy save file to SD card, put SD card back into console and boot Decrypt9.
Inject save file, reboot into CFW and launch the game again.

I am 100% sure that this method works, I tested it with several games, such as:
Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga, Zelda: Minish Cap, Zelda: A Link to The Past,
Super Mario Advance 3, Dragon Ball Z - Buu's Fury.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Metoroid0 @ Metoroid0: im more interested in metroid prime 4