Homebrew Dosbox .conf and .map files collection for Wiiflow

mrmagicm

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Nice Tetsuo Shima! But it would be even better to create mapper for the best dos games?
Robocop 3 is interesting but questionnable as a good game! Here is a list of very nice games:
Zool 2, Zyclund, Incredible machine 1&2, Stardust, Super Stardust, Stargunner, Spacehog, overkill, nebula fighter,, Master of Orion 2, Legend of Kyrandia 1&2, Ricochet extreme, Mirage thunder, bumpy, Death Rally, Krypton Egg, The Horde, Delvion-Star-Interceptor, Elfland, Tyrian, Extreme pinball, Highway-Hunter, Torin's Passage, Bizarre Adventure of Woodruff, Goblin 1+2+3, spacehog, Sideline, final_impact, Elfland, alien Rampage, Dynablaster, Psychopinball, Supablex, Cyril Cyberpunk, Dungeon Master 2...Many of these don't exists exept on dos, well maybe exept on amiga, Fm-Town or if remake have been done.

Tetsuo Shima

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Nice Tetsuo Shima! But it would be even better to create mapper for the best dos games?
Robocop 3 is interesting but questionnable as a good game! Here is a list of very nice games:
Zool 2, Zyclund, Incredible machine 1&2, Stardust, Super Stardust, Stargunner, Spacehog, overkill, nebula fighter,, Master of Orion 2, Legend of Kyrandia 1&2, Ricochet extreme, Mirage thunder, bumpy, Death Rally, Krypton Egg, The Horde, Delvion-Star-Interceptor, Elfland, Tyrian, Extreme pinball, Highway-Hunter, Torin's Passage, Bizarre Adventure of Woodruff, Goblin 1+2+3, spacehog, Sideline, final_impact, Elfland, alien Rampage, Dynablaster, Psychopinball, Supablex, Cyril Cyberpunk, Dungeon Master 2...Many of these don't exists exept on dos, well maybe exept on amiga, Fm-Town or if remake have been done.
I don't want to sound rude, but I won't fullfill any request in this thread. Working on .conf and .map files is extremely time consuming and involves a lot of research and trial/error for the remaining part, so I will only work on games that really matters to me or towards which I have a strong affective bond. Considering the time it was released, I consider Robocop 3 a very underrated game with a huge hystorical value, being the real grandfather of all 3d fps games of today. I wanted to pay tribute and make it playable with the proper controls.
In your wish list I see some titles that I already released here (Elfland and Alien Rampage) many point 'n click games that are already perfectly working on ScummVM (no sense in using the slower Dosbox Wii for those games) and finally some games that already have an existing source port (Supaplex, Tyrian).
When I'll have some more time, in my plans for the future there are: the Incredible machine, Warcraft, Dragon strike, Dark Seed (not supported by scummvm) and Alone in the Dark 2.

Last edited by Tetsuo Shima,
Reactions: rogerioronin

mrmagicm

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I understand, and you are right, Indeed, Robocop 3 is a Huge historical value at the time is was out, thought As I remember, the Amiga version was better. Darkseed has a FM town port I recommend because if soeech or music (on scumm I think)
To me, Mirage thunder, Stargunner and the Horde a very high historic value, mirage thunder was the first pc shoot to compete with amiga in 1993 with amazing intro+music,

Last edited by mrmagicm,
Warcraft

Tetsuo Shima

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
warcraft banner.png

Another great game of the past: the first chapter of the acclaimed Warcraft serie.

DOWNLOAD WARCRAFT PACK FOR WIIFLOW
(Read included instructions. Game not included)

Jul-17-2023-11h51m15s.png Jul-17-2023-11h51m41s.png

This pack includes an optimized .conf file, mapped controls, a full 3d cover and a custom banner with sound and controls reference.

warcraft screenshot 1.png warcraft screenshot 2.png

With the included .conf and .map files, the game performs very well on the Wii and can be played with the Wiimote alone. Plugging the Nunchuck, some actions will be more comfortable to execute.
Controls Reference.png

Enjoy!

Tetsuo Shima

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Robocop 3 updated: I reduced cycles to 3800, cause the game was playing too fast. Cutscenes are still fast (their speed doesn't seem to change lowering cycles), but gameplay is now ok. I was also experiencing a couple of crashes with higher cycles, no crashes now.

Warcraft 3: Deleted warcraft.map.old. It was a backup file I forgot to remove.

OP update: I decided to remove the All in one pack. I prefer to release single games packs, complete with everything, including covers and banners. It's easier for me to maintain and l think it gives more importance to the games, hoping someone will actually enjoy them, trying to discourage people on mass installs and play nothing.

I will only release games that are fully playable from start to finish and close enough to fullspeed.
I'd like to see releases as little Wii ports, or unofficial VC Channels. Someone could even make wad channels out of them, choosing freeware titles, like someone did with Turrican 2.
However, quality requires time and countless tests, so releases can be very slow in time, depending on the game.
I will only work on games of my choice, so no requests please.

@mrmagicm Warcraft 2 is not currently in my plans, but being a mouse game it will need to run fullspeed or very close for the mouse to be fully functional. With Warcraft 1 I had to set an already high cycle value (11.000), I'm not sure how many cycles the sequel requires.

Reactions: gZa

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.