DosboxWii .conf and .map CollectionNotice:
Since the new Dosbox Wii release with Dynrec support, some of these .conf files are now obsolete. Many games can run much better with core=dynamic and increased cycles. I will eventually update the ones in the collection.
- Launch dosbox games through Wiiflow, with optimized settings for each game (to achieve the best possible performance)
- Key mappings for Wiimote and (where needed) Classic Controller, so that you won't even need an usb keyboard.
Wiiflow or Wiiflow Lite (for banners)
DosboxWii .conf plugin for Wiiflow
Download game files:
Single game download
Download the pack
Extract and copy the files to the root of your Hard Disk.
If you want to use an SD card, change usb:/ to sd:/ in the mount path at the end of the conf files (eg mount c sd:/dosbox/games)
Put your original games data in the dosbox/games/subfolders.
- Optional: -
if you're using Wiiflow Lite: install Banners with key mappings and info for each game.
If music or sfx doesn't work make sure to run the games setup in dos and set everything to Soundblaster leaving the default values. Note: some games need to have IRQ=5, others IRQ=7. To launch setups open the desired game .conf file with a text editor, scroll down to the bottom and change the name of the executable file with the name of the setup file (generally install.exe or setup.exe)
- Added Alien Rampage
- Added Blackthorne
- Added Stunts
- Added Dangerous Dave
- Added Elfland
- Added Gods
- Updated Ultima VI conf, map and banner.
Game and sound are now playing at perfect speed.
Remapped the "party mode" to the B button on the Wii remote. This way you're now able to use "-" on Classic Controller to "pass turns". This is needed in some situations (e.g. you need to wait for a shop to open, or a sleeping NPC to wake up, etc.). Besides, it solves another issue: when you accessed inventory in solo mode, you couldn't return to party mode without using the virtual keyboard.
- Added Ultima VI - The False Prophet
- Added: Bio Menace, Epic Pinball, Jazz Jackrabbit, Moonstone, Pinball Fantasies, Skyroads, Wolfenstein 3d, Zool.
- Simplified installation. Simply copy the files to your hd and put your original games data in the dosbox/games/subfolder.
- Added Monster Bash
- Added Zeliard. Thanks @XDel -update: new map file with added keys
- Added Pinball Dreams Deluxe, Superfrog and Soccer Kid
- Added Turrican 2 pack (see spoiler below) and cover.
- Updated Another World .map file. Now pressing the minus button you can access the Level codes screen. Updated its cover too with better spine proportions.
- Added an All-in-one pack for faster installation and a pack with 3D covers
- Updated Flashback .conf and .map. Now it's fully playable
- Added Commander Keen 5
-Added pictures for each game control mappings
-Added Alley Cat, Dangerous Dave 2 and Prehistorik 2
-Added Commander Keen 4 and 6
-All links are working again
- Added some more oldies: Bushido, Battle Chess, Dark Forces, Decathlon, Donkey. Thanks to Pepois!
- Figured an easier way to swich to an SD installation. You just have to change C: to D: at the bottom of each .conf file, keeping the same folder structure.
- Updated all conf files with the exit command at the end to close the game through its own menu and return to Wiiflow. Updated instructions and added credits.
- Update for Alone in the Dark (performance improvement) and Prince of Persia (fixed game saving/loading, see game notes).
- Updated Ultima 8 notes as well with suggested in-game options for a small performance boost.
- Added instructions for sound not working, all files updated
Many, many thanks to the team behind Wiiflow, Fledge68 for Wiiflow Lite and to Sion_Zaphod for the Dosbox .conf plugin!
Last edited by Tetsuo Shima,