Homebrew Don't have OoThax/Ninjahax and are on 10.6/10.7 and want to downgrade? (Reddit)

Ev1l0rd

(⌐◥▶◀◤) girl - noirscape
OP
Trophies
Website
catgirlsin.space
XP
Country
Netherlands
So someone on reddit is starting a thing of sending around a copy of OoT with hax preinstalled on it, with the idea being to send it to those who are on 10.7/10.6 and need homebrew access for memchunkhax2. Might want to check it out if you are on one of those firmwares and want to get a CFW going by downgrading.

Additional notes:
  • I didn't start it, so don't PM me with your data.
  • Read that persons rules! (A copy has been provided below)
  • It's NTSC only. No PAL regions.
  • Please don't steal the game if you get it. Everyone deserves a downgrade if they want, and I shared this only so that more people that need a downgrade could see it.
  1. Must have an account more than 6 months old.
  2. Must be willing to forward the game with the correct payload to the next user.
  3. Must not be an asshole who steals games for very little personal gain.
  4. Must contact me for the next user's details before shipping. All information needs to come from me.
  5. Must sign the included card with your username and forward that with the game.
  6. Must leave a comment when the game has arrived and sent to the next user.
  7. Currently only open to US addresses, unless you wish to pay shipping costs!

Link to the post in question: https://redd.it/4afe3e

Reactions: Jon O'Brien
D

Deleted User

as nice as this idea might be. ... i m 100% there s always that little ass that tells you that the post office lost your package and the game is lost while playing it "secretely" at home until he or she is finished with it and sells it online.

Dont get me wrong... but i guess this community is not really the best when it comes to stuff like that.

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
as nice as this idea might be. ... i m 100% there s always that little ass that tells you that the post office lost your package and the game is lost while playing it "secretely" at home until he or she is finished with it and sells it online.

Dont get me wrong... but i guess this community is not really the best when it comes to stuff like that.

The guy who started this on Reddit actually admitted someone stole his Zelda too.
lolreddit said:
I was recently burned by a user who has since deleted their account (over in this thread if anyone wants to see). I set up the payload he requested, sent him the game, and he is apparently keeping it. While this is rather shitty behavior, I am willing to try again to help the community.
lol

Lets just wait for a better solution (freehax) or just pony up for OOT + Powersaves. It's only about $40 total.

koz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Whilst I am not interested in this topic as such, I want to throw out an idea for an alternate entrypoint than OOT/CN.

The legit .cia I installed for SmashBros is version 1.0.1.

I wonder if Smashhax could be launched from this unpatched version which is 'freely available'.

Last edited by koz,
Reactions: FenrirWolf

mitroux

Trophies
XP
Country
Macau
like i said before , the best choice would be to make a list of persons owning a hack game( oot/cubic) and then people living in the same city could move and get the hax installed (i guess this may be less than sending a card or buying a oot+save dongle)
and there is always the old sky card , buy , install hack and sell

Jon O'Brien

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So someone on reddit is starting a thing of sending around a copy of OoT with hax preinstalled on it, with the idea being to send it to those who are on 10.7/10.6 and need homebrew access for memchunkhax2. Might want to check it out if you are on one of those firmwares and want to get a CFW going by downgrading.

Additional notes:
  • I didn't start it, so don't PM me with your data.
  • Read that persons rules! (A copy has been provided below)
  • It's NTSC only. No PAL regions.
  • Please don't steal the game if you get it. Everyone deserves a downgrade if they want, and I shared this only so that more people that need a downgrade could see it.
  1. Must have an account more than 6 months old.
  2. Must be willing to forward the game with the correct payload to the next user.
  3. Must not be an asshole who steals games for very little personal gain.
  4. Must contact me for the next user's details before shipping. All information needs to come from me.
  5. Must sign the included card with your username and forward that with the game.
  6. Must leave a comment when the game has arrived and sent to the next user.
  7. Currently only open to US addresses, unless you wish to pay shipping costs!

Link to the post in question: https://redd.it/4afe3e
This is a great thing that you have started.

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whilst I am not interested in this topic as such, I want to throw out an idea for an alternate entrypoint than OOT/CN.

The legit .cia I installed for SmashBros is version 1.0.1.

I wonder if Smashhax could be launched from this unpatched version which is 'freely available'.
Probably could be, but you'd have to already have homebrew access to install a legit CIA so it's something of a moot point.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://www.keepretro.com/products/miyoo-a30