Don't have OoThax/Ninjahax and are on 10.6/10.7 and want to downgrade? (Reddit)

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Ev1l0rd, Mar 15, 2016.

1. Ev1l0rd
    OP

Ev1l0rd (⌐◥▶◀◤) Knight of Void

Oct 26, 2015
    Netherlands
    Land of Darkness and Bounty
    So someone on reddit is starting a thing of sending around a copy of OoT with hax preinstalled on it, with the idea being to send it to those who are on 10.7/10.6 and need homebrew access for memchunkhax2. Might want to check it out if you are on one of those firmwares and want to get a CFW going by downgrading.

Additional notes:
    • I didn't start it, so don't PM me with your data.
    • Read that persons rules! (A copy has been provided below)
    • It's NTSC only. No PAL regions.
    • Please don't steal the game if you get it. Everyone deserves a downgrade if they want, and I shared this only so that more people that need a downgrade could see it.
    Rules

Link to the post in question: https://redd.it/4afe3e

Jon O'Brien likes this.
  2. voddy

voddy No Title Available

Jul 14, 2013
    United States
    as nice as this idea might be. ... i m 100% there s always that little ass that tells you that the post office lost your package and the game is lost while playing it "secretely" at home until he or she is finished with it and sells it online.

Dont get me wrong... but i guess this community is not really the best when it comes to stuff like that.

3. zoogie

zoogie simple pimp tool

Nov 30, 2014
    United States
    The guy who started this on Reddit actually admitted someone stole his Zelda too.
    lol

Lets just wait for a better solution (freehax) or just pony up for OOT + Powersaves. It's only about $40 total.

4. koz

koz Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 7, 2015
    Whilst I am not interested in this topic as such, I want to throw out an idea for an alternate entrypoint than OOT/CN.

The legit .cia I installed for SmashBros is version 1.0.1.

I wonder if Smashhax could be launched from this unpatched version which is 'freely available'.

Last edited by koz, Mar 15, 2016
    FenrirWolf likes this.
  5. mitroux

mitroux GBAtemp Regular

Sep 12, 2007
    Macau
    like i said before , the best choice would be to make a list of persons owning a hack game( oot/cubic) and then people living in the same city could move and get the hax installed (i guess this may be less than sending a card or buying a oot+save dongle)
    and there is always the old sky card , buy , install hack and sell

6. Jon O'Brien

Jon O'Brien GBAtemp Regular

Oct 27, 2015
    United States
    This is a great thing that you have started.

7. FenrirWolf

FenrirWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 19, 2008
    United States
    Sandy, UT
    Probably could be, but you'd have to already have homebrew access to install a legit CIA so it's something of a moot point.

8. EmulatorLover

EmulatorLover 3ds master race

Apr 26, 2015
    United States
    Anywhere ;)
    look at my signature it should help :)