Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
boudincaca said:
EZ team is very responsive.
smile.gif

I updated my [705] but as I use a 2GB card it works perfectly and I can use it.

I think I'll get new one.. Since EZVi services looks pretty good to me..

Hope I can find it at my country.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
OK some clarification thanks to talks with Mbmax.

The update has been released, it uses an icon and info from a game so the EZTeam do not wish to host it on their servers (I would argue it is legal by way of Sega vs Accolade ( http://digital-law-online.info/cases/24PQ2D1561.htm ) but the EZTeam are not exactly in a position to defend themselves in a US court and are on a US host these days anyway, please note sosuke's is also on the same host).
The fix has been released but I am not going to spread it for now reasoning below.

As mentioned elsewhere the EZ5i has an internal loader that can be updated, thus far it was not of that much use but now Nintendo have started the block and workaround game it is of use. You need to have some device capable of running the EZ5i to do it however (DS, DSlite, pre 1.4 firmware DSi; if you have to borrow one it will only take 30 odd seconds as you can see in the video I will link again below).

It should ultimately not matter but for now it will; there are mutiple revisions of the EZ5i available generally given a three number identifier code (most commonly 705 and 805). Internal firmware/loader updates can target these revisions as we have seen before.
The V11 firmware that has been released fixes the EZ5i to run on DSi 1.4 firmwares but has a problem with the 705 using 8gb kingston memory cards (fairly common as they are also good), the problem is that said memory cards will cause the 705 to whitescreen while other revisions should be fine.
You can still use regular microSD (1GB and 2GB tested) with the v11 firmware and 705 hardware revision but we still do not suggest doing it. No word on other micro SDHC cards at this time.
The V12 firmware fixes this problem but the person who does the EZTeam's EZ5i internal firmware compiling is out today (code is fixed though) so it will have to wait probably until tomorrow.

Please also note the bootloader has been changed so trying to downgrade to an earlier firmware from v11 will brick your EZ5i.
Those who do the v11 update for the 705 hardware revision can still update to v12 when it comes out.

Again the video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpYABH7z4lM&fmt=18
If you lack flash but wish to download it then (format is youtube standard MP4 container H264 video):
http://www.youtube.com/get_video?video_id=...Hmo=&fmt=18

Links are available for those that want it in the thread. We strongly suggest you wait for V12 however and we request you do not spread the v11 firmware if you can.

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
casidepro said:
so do people with the [705] hardware have to wait till tomorrow or is it safe to update.

Dont take this as 100% fact but going to work on the assumption YOU could update but .... if you have an 8gb card you will get issues!

No doubt the V12 update will fix this!

you can either wait ... or update then re update when the v12 is released!

but..... its at YOUR OWN RISK!

As above it works but card size is limited!

guessing that's what they mean by the [705] issues!

TheDestroyer

GBAtemp's Official Keyblade Master™
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I probably wait for more stable ones (until all issues has been taken care of) mainly because I don't have my EZVi yet and also waiting for Ak2i..
tongue.gif
And I don't wanna ditch my iPlayer yet by upgrading to 1.4.... iPlayer = dead on 1.4.. which really sucks...
sleep.gif

casidepro

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
kobykaan said:
casidepro said:
so do people with the [705] hardware have to wait till tomorrow or is it safe to update.

Dont take this as 100% fact but going to work on the assumption YOU could update but .... if you have an 8gb card you will get issues!

No doubt the V12 update will fix this!

you can either wait ... or update then re update when the v12 is released!

but..... its at YOUR OWN RISK!

As above it works but card size is limited!

guessing that's what they mean by the [705] issues!
ok thanx i'm just gonna wait till tomorrow. Since nobody tested this firmware with a 4gb SDHC.

siryu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I have 4gb sdhc but I don't have EZVi yet. I'll find out where to buy it and I'll buy it soon..

But since v12 release(and it will) I think it's doesn't matter about 4gb since 8gb can run on v12.

lrwr14

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, i'm a bit late joining the topic and i am a bit confused. I have hardware 705 and use a 2gb sd card. should i update or not? and how do you get hardware 805? i want the flipnote studio which comes out tomorrow.

siryu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I think since you have 2gb sd card, it doesn't matter to update your flashkart, coz issue comes from [705] with 2gb above.

I don't know about 4gb since no one have test yet.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
siryu is correct lrwr14m; it will still work (just a problem with SDHC by the looks of things) and you can always do the v12 update when it comes.

805 is the name given to a newer version of EZ5i hardware (not sure why this change happened, probably a components shortage again) and has nothing to do with software other than some updates are targeted at certain hardware revisions (but in a possibly confusing move they still use the same v?? numbering).

Edit: just got word from Mbmax that 4 gig SDHC are also affected.

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
In fact it's seems to be made in Japan's microSDHC cards manufactured by toshiba and rebranded by kingston.
For now i'm not able to boot my 4GB and 8GB Kingston Japan on my EZ5i [705] FW_V11.
Kingston 1GB Taïwan (samsung rebranded) and Toshiba 2GB Japan are ok on it.

casidepro

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Mbmax said:
In fact it's seems to be made in Japan's microSDHC cards manufactured by toshiba and rebranded by kingston.
For now i'm not able to boot my 4GB and 8GB Kingston Japan on my EZ5i [705] FW_V11.
Kingston 1GB Taïwan (samsung rebranded) and Toshiba 2GB Japan are ok on it.
What about Sandisk 4gb SDHC (class2)?

And is the icon of that tak game permanent after you update.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I can not speak on the memory card issue but the icon is permanent as I am told the DSi now checks for a proper icon and other data that is hashed using sha256 (way too hard to fake or work around until we start hacking DSi firmwares instead).

Of course we could update again and change it but for now all firmwares v11 and after will have the icon.

lenselijer

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I only have stock of the new 805 revision
The update works fine with kingston 8gb japan card
smile.gif

Also the icon and text is changed to 'Tak The Great Juju Challenge THQ', but who cares it does work on 1.4
smile.gif

lrwr14

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
what is th icon thing? what icon does it change? if its something small then i don't mind but if its going to be noticeable then i might wait till tomorrow since they said v12 will be put on.

*edit*

watched the video again and now wot it is.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The icon changed is the icon on the DSi menu when you launch it.
The EZ5 kernel still uses proper icons.
It has to be done as the DSi now checks these icons and text are the proper ones using an algorithm that we can not break (we can generate collisions in CRC32 easily as was done in most of the DSi compatible carts) or otherwise work around (see trucha bug: http://debugmo.de/?p=61 ) and we have not got as far as making new firmwares for the DSi which would obviously leave out these checks.
As such the same icon will be used for the foreseeable future.

Basically for the 5 seconds at most it takes to launch a DS cart from the DSi menu you will see tak and the associated text rather than the EZ5 logo and text.

Also thanks for the additional confirmation lenselijer.

lrwr14

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ok, i don't mind it much, so i will update it. i will let you know how it goes.

*edit*

ok it works

i used a 2gb sandisk sd card and have the [705] i updated it on my dsi 1.3e and have update my dsi to 1.4e and it works fine.

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Dunno If i should update my DSi now and wait for my EZVi to arrive and not use my DSi meantime or wait until it arrives and risk NINTENDO releasing a 1.5 update inbetween doh!

Unless the M3i Zero gets an update inbetween ...dammit why's lifes gaming choices so hard lol!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AV8dBxGdNxk