Homebrew addicted
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
FAST6191 said:
Rest assured a working version ([705] hardware and SDHC getting along) will be properly spread.
Done. I have tested successfully on my EZVi [705] a pre version of v12 and my 4GB and 8GB Japan works fine now.
Coming very soon.
yaynds.gif

siryu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
SEE??? WHAT A RESPONSIVE THEY ARE..

THEY ALREADY RELEASE 2 UPDATES, AND WHAT ARE AK TEAM DO??

JUST BULL SHIT ! ! !

EVEN THE WEBSITE UPDATE DOESN'T EXIST..

HERE I COME EZVi...

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
siryu said:
SEE??? WHAT A RESPONSIVE THEY ARE..

THEY ALREADY RELEASE 2 UPDATES, AND WHAT ARE AK TEAM DO??

JUST BULL SHIT ! ! !

EVEN THE WEBSITE UPDATE DOESN'T EXIST..

HERE I COME EZVi...

Dude. Shut up already. Who cares if the Acekard team hasn't put it out yet. You can wait a few days. Besides, flashcards are unofficial gamecards. They bypass something in the DS(i). If you have one, you'd best be fucking prepared to lose something for it.

Kalisiin

Trophies
Website
www.kalisiin.com
XP
Country
United States
anaxs said:
i jus hope team cyclo comes up wit somthin fast cuz i want dsi ware from dsi shop
flip notes is out and i really want it
i didnt think dstt was a very successful company n i think its jus gonna create clones or shut down
I wonder if anyone has tried something like this:

Someone with ver 1.4 already say, gets the flip-notes thing you want. (I don't think the DSiWare shop has shit in it, personally, but, whatever...)
THEN, they transfer the program to the SD card memory in the DSi (meaning a SD card installed directly into the DSi - I know you can do that...

THEN...borrow your friend's SD card, copy the program from their SD card to YOUR SD card...

And then drag that from your SD card internally...back into main Nintendo memory?

Could that work?

Of course, what I'm suggesting here is not really cool...but, neither is Nintendo cool for disabling flashcards with their damned "update."

Just wonder if that could be done, and if so, would the flip-notes work with version 1.3 firmware in the DSi...so that you'd not HAVE to update the version, to get whatever you want from the DSiWare shop?

Perhaps you could have 2 DSi's...one kept at 1.3 the other go ahead and let them update...and do the same sort of thing...

Use the 1.4 DSi to get what you want from the shop...then transfer to the SD card...swap the SD card with your 1.3 DSi...and...well, I dunno if it would work...has anyone tried it?

I'm not normally one to advocate the sort of thing I am suggesting here, but, Version 1.4 from Nintendo has me so honked off I'd like to see them lose lots of money over it.

Kalisiin

Trophies
Website
www.kalisiin.com
XP
Country
United States
shinkukage09 said:
. Besides, flashcards are unofficial gamecards. They bypass something in the DS(i). If you have one, you'd best be fucking prepared to lose something for it.

Quoted for truth. All the same, the way Nintendo went about it was pretty damn shirty.
Speaking as one who got tricked into the update...and am suitably honked off with Nintendo for it.

I shoulda known better.

lrwr14

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Kalisiin said:
anaxs said:
i jus hope team cyclo comes up wit somthin fast cuz i want dsi ware from dsi shop
i didnt think dstt was a very successful company n i think its jus gonna create clones or shut down

Someone with ver 1.4 already say, gets the flip-notes thing you want. (I don't think the DSiWare shop has shit in it, personally, but, whatever...)
THEN, they transfer the program to the SD card memory in the DSi (meaning a SD card installed directly into the DSi - I know you can do that...

THEN...borrow your friend's SD card, copy the program from their SD card to YOUR SD card...

And then drag that from your SD card internally...back into main Nintendo memory?

Could that work?

Of course, what I'm suggesting here is not really cool...but, neither is Nintendo cool for disabling flashcards with their damned "update."

Just wonder if that could be done, and if so, would the flip-notes work with version 1.3 firmware in the DSi...so that you'd not HAVE to update the version, to get whatever you want from the DSiWare shop?

Perhaps you could have 2 DSi's...one kept at 1.3 the other go ahead and let them update...and do the same sort of thing...

Use the 1.4 DSi to get what you want from the shop...then transfer to the SD card...swap the SD card with your 1.3 DSi...and...well, I dunno if it would work...has anyone tried it?

I'm not normally one to advocate the sort of thing I am suggesting here, but, Version 1.4 from Nintendo has me so honked off I'd like to see them lose lots of money over it.

me and my mate was going to try that because he has 1.4e and i had 1.3e but i updated my dsi now. so can't

ilovengage

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Kalisiin said:
anaxs said:

Could that work?

What you are describing is just pirating DSiWare, which is at the moment not possible. It doesn't matter if it's free or not, as long as you didn't download it from the Shop on your DSi you won't be able to copy the file on the internal DS memory from the data management menu. That will definitely not work (it doesn't matter which SD card you're using, cause the DSi has saved it in its memory if you got the game or not).

However, it would be interesting if this woud be possible with the Web Browser update (cause the non-upgrading user already got the browser, so maybe it's ok with the update?!)?

funem

Retro Powered..
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
ilovengage said:
Kalisiin said:
anaxs said:

Could that work?

What you are describing is just pirating DSiWare, which is at the moment not possible. It doesn't matter if it's free or not, as long as you didn't download it from the Shop on your DSi you won't be able to copy the file on the internal DS memory from the data management menu. That will definitely not work (it doesn't matter which SD card you're using, cause the DSi has saved it in its memory if you got the game or not).

However, it would be interesting if this woud be possible with the Web Browser update (cause the non-upgrading user already got the browser, so maybe it's ok with the update?!)?

You can save stuff from the DSi memory to the SD card, delete it from the internal memory and copy it back from the SD card and it will still work ( keeps even your save game ). The DSi seems to keep a record of what you have downloaded and purchased, that is what stops you copying it from another DSi... In the example above it will not work as it wasnt downloaded from the DSi he was trying to run it on and it has no record of it.....

disconnected

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
funem said:
You can save stuff from the DSi memory to the SD card, delete it from the internal memory and copy it back from the SD card and it will still work ( keeps even your save game ). The DSi seems to keep a record of what you have downloaded and purchased, that is what stops you copying it from another DSi... In the example above it will not work as it wasnt downloaded from the DSi he was trying to run it on and it has no record of it.....

I don't think it is that! Think that there is in the header of the game the DSi serial-number (or some other unique hardware number), and then encrypts the whole file with common key.. It might log what you downloaded so far, but just to inform the dsi store and show "Downloaded" in red.

I might be wrong, it might even use both securities, who knows ? (:

ilovengage

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
That's exactly what I meant, it doesn't work cause of that. If it would, it was like pirating and that's not possible (maybe I said this in a little misunderstandable way).

The DSi has many similarities to the Wii when it comes to the technical background, so I bet it's like on the Wii, where you download the ticket of a game when you download it from the DSi Shop and if you don't have this ticket, you can't use the application or game. Of course the exported file on the SD card is encrypted, otherwise it would be too easy to hack game data and so on?
wink.gif

disconnected

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ilovengage said:
That's exactly what I meant, it doesn't work cause of that. If it would, it was like pirating and that's not possible (maybe I said this in a little misunderstandable way).

The DSi has many similarities to the Wii when it comes to the technical background, so I bet it's like on the Wii, where you download the ticket of a game when you download it from the DSi Shop and if you don't have this ticket, you can't use the application or game. Of course the exported file on the SD card is encrypted, otherwise it would be too easy to hack game data and so on?
wink.gif

Unfortunately I don't have a wii, but I would like to have one (: .. I din't tried formating the DSi and see if the apps keep working.. Of corse those tickets could "survive" the format , but if not they are only controled by this "magic signature" in the encrypted header .. What I would really like now, was that someone could really hack the dsi so we can use dsi-mode in homebrew !! But seems it will take sooooome time :\ ..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ooowwww a new way for me to beat NFS 510 :D @SylverReZ
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @AncientBoi, Yeah, believe you can do PSP games as well. But a Pi5 is much powerful in comparison.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Not sure about other models of Pi4 but the Pi 4 B with 8GBs OCed to 2Ghz handles PSP really great except like 1 game I found and it is playable it just looks bad lol Motor Storm Arctic something or other.
    Other games I can have turned up to like 2X and all kinds of enhancements, Motorstorm hmmm nope 1X and no enhancements lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Waiting for Anbernic's rg[whatever]SP price announcement, gimme.
    +1
    I will admit that one does seem more interesting than the usual Ambernic ones, and I already liked those.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I dread the price point.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    This looks like one of their premium models, so... $150 :glare:
    +1
    To me that seems reasonable.
    I mean since basically all the games are errmmm free lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I mean yeah sure but the specs are the same as a $50 model, it's just those pesky "quality of life" things driving up the price, like an actually working speaker, or buttons that don't melt, and stuff like that.
    +1
    I think all in my Pi 4 was well north of 200 bucks 150ish for the Pi 4 the case the fancy cooler, then like 70 for the 500GB MicroSD then like 70 for the Xbox controller. But honestly it's a nice set up I really enjoy and to me was worth every penny. (even bought more controllers for 2 or 4 player games.) hmmm have never played any 2 player games yet :(
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah that's what I hate about the RPi, it's supposedly $30 or something but it takes an additional $200 of accessories to actually turn it into a working something.
    yes that's the expensive part lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I mean sure it's flexible and stuff but so is uremum but it's fiddly.
    Yeah a lot of it I consider a hobby, using Batocera I am constantly adjusting the collection adding and removing stuff, scraping the artwork. Haven't even started on some music for the theme... Also way down the road I am considering attempting to do a WiiFlow knock off lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I want everything served on a plate plz ktnx, "work" is too much work for me.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Hmm, with that in mind, maybe a complete out-the-box solution with all the games collected, pacthed and optimized for me would be worth $150 :unsure:
    Yeah it's all choice and that's a good thing :)
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    animal crossing new leaf 11pm music
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    avatars-kKKZnC8XiW7HEUw0-KdJMsw-t1080x1080.jpg
    wokey d pronouns
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    What its like to do online shopping in 1998: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwag5XE8oJo
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: What its like to do online shopping in 1998: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwag5XE8oJo