Homebrew VNDS freezes with TwilightMenu++ on DSi (sd slot)

Nikokaro

Lost philosopher... searching for a way out...
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Perhaps recently this problem has already been addressed but I couldn't find the corresponding thread. 🤷
Has anyone managed to get VNDS working on DSi, from SD slot? As far as I am concerned, I only get two white screens.

1) If I run it from the VNDS folder, it gives me a message on a blue background, informing me that it has to be patched or run from SD root.

2) If I start it from SD root (outside the VNDS folder), both in DS or DSi mode, it freezes on two white screens with no error message.

3) If I launch it with alternative software (HBmenu, DSOrganize) it always freezes on two white screens.

Yet it seems to me that in the past I had managed to start it from SD slot..🤔
I don't understand what I'm doing wrong. Have any of you managed to get it working using TwilightMenu++ (from SD slot)?
My true goal is to run it in DSi mode, so that it takes advantage of the most RAM available and fastest processor, because I have no problem running it on flashcart, but here it often crashes or loads VN files very slowly (e.g. Kagetsu Tohya).
Thanks

Nikokaro

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I don't remember how I figured this out, but I had to put the .nds in both the VNDS folder and root to get it working.
Hmm... I will try, but I highly doubt it will work. Still, it can't hurt to try. 🤔
Post automatically merged:

I don't remember how I figured this out, but I had to put the .nds in both the VNDS folder and root to get it working.
Nah...it still doesn't work, whether set in DS mode or DSi mode. Tell the truth: you made it up on the spot. 😅

Last edited by Nikokaro,

ClipperDefiance

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then, I don't know what's wrong. It's what worked for me
1000041874.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: Nikokaro

Nikokaro

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Then, I don't know what's wrong. It's what worked for me
Hey pal, to access TwilightMenu on SD card do you use Unlaunch or an exploit (Memory Pit, FlipNote Lenny)? If you use the former, perhaps that would explain why it doesn't work for me (I use the exploits mentioned).
I don't know what else to think... 🤷

Edit: What version of TWL++ do you use? I use one from 2022. Maybe it works from a certain version onwards? Could this be the source of the problem? @RocketRobz , could you help me chief, if it's not too much trouble?

Last edited by Nikokaro,

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey pal, to access TwilightMenu on SD card do you use Unlaunch or an exploit (Memory Pit, FlipNote Lenny)? If you use the former, perhaps that would explain why it doesn't work for me (I use the exploits mentioned).
I don't know what else to think... 🤷

Edit: What version of TWL++ do you use? I use one from 2022. Maybe it works from a certain version onwards? Could this be the source of the problem? @RocketRobz , could you help me chief, if it's not too much trouble?
You'll need to update TWLMenu++, as later versions include a newer nds-bootstrap version with improved homebrew compatibility. (I'm curious as to why you stayed on an older version?)
If it still doesn't work, you'll need to install Unlaunch and have it autoboot TWLMenu++ with no buttons held.

Reactions: Nikokaro

Nikokaro

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'm curious as to why you stayed on an older version?
Thank you for the prompt reply. I have not updated it out of laziness, fear of messing things up, and ultimately because, until now, I had no need to do so. First of all, I will try only with the newer nds-bootstrap, and see if everything will work out. If not sufficient, I will completely reinstall the whole newer TWL. Thanks again and sorry for the trouble. :)
Post automatically merged:

Hmm... unfortunately, even with the latest version of nds-bootstrap, in both DS and DSi mode, it does not work.
The only difference is that it always gives me the warning message on a blue background, with a white screen underneath.
So could it be that the problem is due to using the exploits, without Unlaunch? I honestly don't understand, technically speaking, what difference using the two methods makes in this regard. I will have to resign myself to playing it from flashcart, since I don't want to modify permanently the original console software. 🤷

Last edited by Nikokaro,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Good.