Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
anaxs said:
yeh ..i heard flip bookcame out in dsi ware
cant wait for ace kard update

That, Paper Airplane Chase, and Minis March Again are the ones I want. I'd attempt the half-way update, but...well...not risking it.

Hax Mega

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just upgraded my 705 EZFlash Vi with a 4 gig Sandisk card. My EZflash still boots fine with the 4 gig HC card. (I haven't updated for awhile, my previous version was version 5 lol)

funem

Retro Powered..
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
FAST6191 said:
The icon changed is the icon on the DSi menu when you launch it.
The EZ5 kernel still uses proper icons.
It has to be done as the DSi now checks these icons and text are the proper ones using an algorithm that we can not break (we can generate collisions in CRC32 easily as was done in most of the DSi compatible carts) or otherwise work around (see trucha bug: http://debugmo.de/?p=61 ) and we have not got as far as making new firmwares for the DSi which would obviously leave out these checks.
As such the same icon will be used for the foreseeable future.

Basically for the 5 seconds at most it takes to launch a DS cart from the DSi menu you will see tak and the associated text rather than the EZ5 logo and text.

Also thanks for the additional confirmation lenselijer.

If you listen you can probably hear the sound of Nintendo sharpening there legal pencils....

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
funem said:
FAST6191 said:
It has to be done as the DSi now checks these icons and text are the proper ones using an algorithm that we can not break (we can generate collisions in CRC32 easily as was done in most of the DSi compatible carts) or otherwise work around (see trucha bug: http://debugmo.de/?p=61 ) and we have not got as far as making new firmwares for the DSi which would obviously leave out these checks.

Basically for the 5 seconds at most it takes to launch a DS cart from the DSi menu you will see tak and the associated text rather than the EZ5 logo and text.

If you listen you can probably hear the sound of Nintendo sharpening there legal pencils....

Pretty sure that's why EZVi's team hasn't said anything about it being by them. If it's unofficial, and spread everywhere, it's probably damn near impossible to figure out who did it. But still, Nintendo might get pissy.

shelbylynca

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi
I am completely new at all this and have a DSTTi card for my DSi and it worked great until my son updated my DSi to ver 1.4 now the card wont work, anyone offer assistance on this as to what I can do> or do I have to by a new card? If so what one works and will allow me to update to new programming if the DSi updates again
Thanks

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
shelbylynca said:
Hi
I am completely new at all this and have a DSTTi card for my DSi and it worked great until my son updated my DSi to ver 1.4 now the card wont work, anyone offer assistance on this as to what I can do> or do I have to by a new card? If so what one works and will allow me to update to new programming if the DSi updates again
Thanks

Did you just skip everything that was said in this topic?
mad.gif

TheDestroyer

GBAtemp's Official Keyblade Master™
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
shelbylynca said:
Hi
Thanks

This is from another thread might be useful to sum up everything (although these are not really confirmed but they are most likely correct in my opinion):

QUOTE(RupeeClock @ Aug 12 2009, 04:02 PM) - The AK2i, probably can be fixed, there has been a language fix before.
- The M3i Zero will probably be fixed as it was one of the key features of the USB update cable.
- The iPlayer, if I'm not mistaken is screwed and cannot be updated (I could be wrong)
- The R4i, a brand you shouldn't invest in, is blocked and have released a "Gold" flashcart that isn't blocked.
- The EZ Flash V series has successfully unblocked their DSi compatible card on 1.4, the only card to do so as of now.
- Team Cyclo still haven't made a DSi compatible cart (pleeeeeeease)

Team Cyclo are working on DSi compatible cart as I have emailed them and received a reply that they are working on it..
However, I dunno about DSTTi some says its fucked up on 1.4 firmware..

anaxs

got milk, got candy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
i jus hope team cyclo comes up wit somthin fast cuz i want dsi ware from dsi shop
flip notes is out and i really want it
i didnt think dstt was a very successful company n i think its jus gonna create clones or shut down

shelbylynca

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
anaxs said:
i jus hope team cyclo comes up wit somthin fast cuz i want dsi ware from dsi shop
flip notes is out and i really want it
i didnt think dstt was a very successful company n i think its jus gonna create clones or shut down

ok guys thanks can you tell me were i can get my hands on ezflash thing or the team cyclo and how they work?

shelbylynca

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
DjoeN said:
Don't forget the Supercard with USB Dongle to update the firmware

Can you guys tell me what card to buy now so I can play my games seeing as every forum tells me the same thing..your a sucker for buying a DSTTi card casue they are crap and no good.

Thanks ladies and gents for all the help your great!

TheDestroyer

GBAtemp's Official Keyblade Master™
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
shelbylynca said:
DjoeN said:
Don't forget the Supercard with USB Dongle to update the firmware

Can you guys tell me what card to buy now so I can play my games seeing as every forum tells me the same thing..your a sucker for buying a DSTTi card casue they are crap and no good.

Thanks ladies and gents for all the help your great!

There are great variety of flash carts you can go with but it's really up to you..
There are lots and lots of threads around here that discuss different flash carts you can find them by using the search button..
tongue.gif

Here are some good carts that you could use as keywords: M3i, Supercard DS Onei, EZFlashVi, Acekard 2i (These carts are "reflashable" and have potential to work on firmware upgrades)

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
funem said:
FAST6191 said:

http://digital-law-online.info/cases/24PQ2D1561.htm

A fundamental piece of intellectual property case law in the US and near exact copy of what happened here. However with what it costs to go to court these days...

Rest assured a working version ([705] hardware and SDHC getting along) will be properly spread.

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
stanleyopar2000 said:
i dont know what people are saying.

the fix is out here

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=CUTRF17U

HEAR THAT ACEKARD!?

FIX IT!!

Telling them to fix it ain't going to help. Now unless you want to do it yourself, stop complaining. It'd throw my other post at you in here, but I'm just too damn lazy to type all that out again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, Yea I heard law is vastly different there