Hacking Does Quake 2 work with the EZ-Flash Omega?

brain_tweaker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
I've been considering getting a EZ-Flash Omega. I already have a EZ-Flash V with the 3in1 PAK, but it's old and clunky and occasionally requires quite a bit of effort just to get it even recognized by my devices.

But does the EZ-Flash Omega work with Quake2DS?

I have tried re-searching this topic for about a week and have found absolutely nothing.

For anyone who has tried using the EZ-Flash Omega with Quake2DS, can you tell me if it works? And if so, how stable is it when compared to the EZ-Flash 3in1 PAK? I know it will not be any more stable. I'm just worried about if it might actually be more unstable.

masenko

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i think ez flash omega definitive only has "ds option pak" mode support, i.e extra ds ram or rumble. no ds games support. just get a r4 or one of the many clones for ds games, they're dirt cheap nowadays

elhobbs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i think ez flash omega definitive only has "ds option pak" mode support, i.e extra ds ram or rumble. no ds games support. just get a r4 or one of the many clones for ds games, they're dirt cheap nowadays
The extra ram is the point. Quake2ds won’t run with just an r4 - it needs the expansion ram. There is a dsi version that runs without the expansion ram - but it needs to run in dsi mode.

brain_tweaker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
So? Does Quake2DS work with the EZ-Flash Omega? I'm anxious to find out.
I just found out the EZ-Flash Omega Definitive Edition only has 8mb of RAM, and Quake2DS requires 16mb of course. So that answers my question. My EZ-Flash 3in1 actually stopped working on me today, which is especially a shame. Are there any easy to find alternatives? I had a really hard time getting my 3in1 due to how old it is.

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
So? Does Quake2DS work with the EZ-Flash Omega Definitive Edition? I'm anxious to find out.
They work together. Quake2 detects 28MB of RAM.
I used the following settings:
RAM card type: Auto-detect
RAM speed: Slow
I think that 8MB is the maximum amount supported by the DS browser.

bzn8WXG.png

brain_tweaker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
They work together. Quake2 detects 28MB of RAM.
I used the following settings:
RAM card type: Auto-detect
RAM speed: Slow
I think that 8MB is the maximum amount supported by the DS browser.

bzn8WXG.png
Oh! Okay! Well, this has certainly been a confusing journey for me, with so many people saying so many different things, thank you for confirming this! Sorry if i sounded stupid.

Reactions: Technicmaster0

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Oh! Okay! Well, this has certainly been a confusing journey for me, with so many people saying so many different things, thank you for confirming this! Sorry if i sounded stupid.
Everything is okay. I don't see this as your fault. The bigger problem is that reviewers don't test the product good enough (otherwise this information should be part of the review) and people not knowing much about the older stuff.

elhobbs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everything is okay. I don't see this as your fault. The bigger problem is that reviewers don't test the product good enough (otherwise this information should be part of the review) and people not knowing much about the older stuff.
To be fair - almost nothing uses the ram expansion feature aside from the browser. Quake ds 1 and 2 are the only things I know of that use this. There maybe others but I suspect the list is small.

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
To be fair - almost nothing uses the ram expansion feature aside from the browser. Quake ds 1 and 2 are the only things I know of that use this. There maybe others but I suspect the list is small.
There are some other homebrews. DSLinux and ScummVM for sure.
But it's a general note. Some reviews don't really explain the rumble features either.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I agree Tears is great. I even played thru it completely twice. I've been hooked on playing thru...